The online racing simulator
Quote from mr_x :I've not been karting for about 4 years. And the fastest kart i've been in went 30mph.

Fastest kart I drove was a 250cc gearbox kart, but that was on a runway

I think the last place I raced was at the Kings Cross indoor track about 5 years ago when a friend invited me to drive in their corporate endurance event (we came 2nd overall)

Regards,

Ian
Ian..If you taking teh Pimpmobile...want a couple of passengers?? After all, you got to go virtually past our door!
Quote from Bladerunner :Ian..If you taking teh Pimpmobile...want a couple of passengers?? After all, you got to go virtually past our door!

heh.. I've got room for 2 as I'm hoping not to be coming alone anyway

Virtually past your door!? I'd hit the M25 from J16 to J23(?) - Apex Corner and take the A1 but I can take a detour

Regards,

Ian
J16? where do you live Ian? LOL
Quote from mcgas001 :J16? where do you live Ian? LOL

About 5 mins from J16 and within spitting distance of RAF Northolt

Regards,

Ian
Ha, not far from me im J14 near heathrow
Quote from mcgas001 :Ha, not far from me im J14 near heathrow

Yup, not far at all.. 10 mins on a clear run :shhh:

I'm often going past there to Egham since a good friend moved out that way

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Yup, not far at all.. 10 mins on a clear run :shhh:

I'm often going past there to Egham since a good friend moved out that way

Regards,

Ian

LOL oh well, at least im not the only one thats gotta travel 285 miles
Quote from mcgas001 :LOL oh well, at least im not the only one thats gotta travel 285 miles

Shouldn't be too bad.. did Sc.unthorpe in just over 2 hours leaving here at 19:00 on a Friday night 6 months ago.. was surprised not to hit any traffic. A few friends who took the M1 spent 6 hours getting there

Will have to make a stop for fuel this time though I think.. will cost me more in fuel than the weekend up there, heh

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Bob Smith :If you drift in the kart you'll be buying us all a pint.

What about.....

Sliding off backwards in a great big ball of flames, while singing "Oh To B A Staggie" during a momentary lapse of sanity.

....or....

Tipping the cart by violently clipping the kerb and successfully sliding on my head and somehow flipping it back onto it's wheels. (AKA 'the Hammond')

If so I'll need to order the beers now.
Quote from mcgas001 :LOL oh well, at least im not the only one thats gotta travel 285 miles

363 miles for me
15. I could cycle.
1800 miles for me

my dads gunna love me

if its in august now , keep me as a possability
Any thing else to say
Email troubles severely slowing communications (for some reason it takes 2 weeks for me to get their mails after they send them!), so I'm going to phone them this weekend and firm things up a bit. That is, if I ever get the reply to my email asking when they man the phone lines.
Thats a bit of a shame.

Hopefully things will pick up for you Tristan
I'm interested in the idea of this, but getting up there will be a kick in the crotch >.<
I'm gonna have to leave Friday evening after work. Arrive very late at night, if not early morning. Enjoy a few adult beverages if I arrive early enough. Sleep in a B&B/Travelodge. Meet up for you bunch of crazy monkeys, on Saturday. Spend Saturday night having a few adult beverages with a few LFS Northerners (Not my idea of fun but what can you do...) Sleep in a B&B/Travelodge. Go home Sunday.

Won't be as cheap as it will be for say Bob. But fun cost money
Quote from The General Lee :I'm gonna have to leave Friday evening after work. Arrive very late at night, if not early morning. Enjoy a few adult beverages if I arrive early enough. Sleep in a B&B/Travelodge. Meet up for you bunch of crazy monkeys, on Saturday. Spend Saturday night having a few adult beverages with a few LFS Northerners (Not my idea of fun but what can you do...) Sleep in a B&B/Travelodge. Go home Sunday.

Won't be as cheap as it will be for say Bob. But fun cost money

Where abouts you live? i might meet ya somewhere (half way) and do the same
Well, a little nearer the date, I was going to arrange an LFS South West convoy as I know a few of us are coming up from the Westcounty.

I'm right in the middle of Devon. Junction 27 is my nearest junction.

Like I said, nearer the date, we can get a list of name and locations, and work out the quickest route that would allow us to "pick" everyone up.

Edit: Just actually READ your post, instead of scanning it. If I get a few people up for this convoy idea, we could arrange a place on the way to stop and for you to join the breaker breaker 10-4 convoy. Then atleast a few of us can have a few drinks together.

I think us South West-ers have no option but to leave on Friday evening, as say we are all meeting up @ 1pm on Saturday, we would have to leave very early in the morning.
Like you say, No option its a must for me as my journey is 274 mi – about 4 hours 41 mins.

But yeh let me know what happeneds nearer the time
Think yourself lucky pal...

344 mi – about 5 hours 48 mins.

Where abouts are you. Also, you better look out, you will get a slap around the head from me for being banned from Redline Racing.
Quote from The General Lee :Think yourself lucky pal...

344 mi – about 5 hours 48 mins.

Where abouts are you. Also, you better look out, you will get a slap around the head from me for being banned from Redline Racing.

I live near to a place called windsor(near the queen, hence i said it)

I didnt chose to be banned by redline...

E: Whats with [SR] Wheres moo :P
The best place for us to meet you would be where the M42 joins with the A42, then we would set off on the M1 together.

If my James May calculations are correct.

Moo has disband AFAIK.
Quote from The General Lee :as say we are all meeting up @ 1pm on Saturday, we would have to leave very early in the morning.

I think this is why I might be looking to start the event nearer to 2 or 3pm than 1pm. Plus lunches are nicely settled by that point and gives us all a little more time to get familiar with one another before the event.

To anyone coming up the night before and staying in Newcastle, I'm happy to tag along if you get (t)here before everywhere is shut. There are pubs in town open to 1am (of course there are places open later but the music is too loud to actually converse).

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG