The online racing simulator
every time i've raced karts to in the wet they have left slicks on them , aquaplane FTW
It's a lot of work for the, usually lone, mechanic to change the tyres on a fleet of karts and health and safety laws mean they cannot let customers do it unless it's the customers own kart. Some places run a dry weather and wet weather fleet, some will delay a race to change tyres, but no rental place i've ever seen will do tyre changes mid race - and it's wicked fun racing in the wet!
Well nihil is due to arrive in about 20 minutes, so if we're not there by about midnight call the police because that means it turns out i'm a sociopathic killer and did him over!

See yous later Ben and Fel!
Shouldn't Victor be getting the gold stars?
Quote from Bob Smith :And just so you know what you're getting yourself in for: sticky back name labels

OMG do we have to wear them????

R34GTR do you require a lift from Leeds? I'm assuming not since you would have probably contacted me by now.

Leaving Sheffield about 11:00am so will see you all tomorrow.

Regards
hang on is mackies name really scott?
I just assumed but why not?

Currently got Becky Rose, Nihil, Need and felplacerad round here. Hopefully we'll go to bed soon so we're not too knacked tomorrow.

Seeya all at the pub!
Quote from Shotglass :hang on is mackies name really scott?

Acording to my documument and my old folks, yes my name is scott.

btw, it is insanely difficult to reply to a post on a psp!
Dirty spectator drop out

Not gonna make it up today peeps, have fun though
No worries, maybe next time eh?

Now to sort out loads of breakfasts...
Bob, just feed them whatever is under the sink, hope they eat it!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Bob, just feed them whatever is under the sink, hope they eat it!

I think thats what my hotel has done. Hope Burger King do a breaky menu.
Up until 11AM they do.

Of course you could do a Jakg and have a Bacon-Double Cheeseburger Meal (Large) for breakfast like I did the other day - mmmm meaty

They sell Hash Browns, too
Jack, or you can do what I do... get GF to get me a Double Teen Burger from her work -- A&W -- (Basically, a Double Cheeseburger, with Letticue, Tomatoe, Bacon, mayo, mustard, ketchup).
Well, I'm just about to make some bacon sarnies...thick white bread and lashings of sauce (undecided over red or brown atm).

For those in the Scotswood area, I can recommend 'Kevs Hot Snacks'...he'll be down near the BP garage
Have fun you people! We shall expect loads of pictures/videos/accounts later on!
We're all fed now, already spoken to Victor who's half an hour away, and the Welsh contingent are at the Metro Centre, so about the same sort of time away. The five of us will be leaving so soon it's all kicking off.

Cameras on standby.
Ooh yeah, cameras... better pack my camera bag. Oops. Been too busy laughing at the "sport" of synchronisd swimming on the telly. I'll probably get to the pub between 12:30 and 1 (ish).
Quote from STROBE :...Been too busy laughing at the "sport" of synchronisd swimming on the telly...

Me too, I planned to stay in bed for another hour, but when I switched on the tv and saw the synchronized swimming I had to laugh so hard, I had to get up...

I am really looking forward to watching some photo/video coverage of your track day!!! Have a lot of fun!
Hope you all have a great time, my moneys on Mackie FTW......and likely any drinking contests as well.

Sorry I couldn't make it.....my little lad's not been great.
Quote from AlienT. :Hope you all have a great time, my moneys on Mackie FTW......and likely any drinking contests as well.

Sorry I couldn't make it.....my little lad's not been great.

Afraid I performed more like a current DC rather than a vintage Jim Clark. good track though, the racing was good as well....... what I saw from the rear anyway
Just got back, and will be off out again for beering in about 30 mins.
Great day out, good to put some faces to usernames

I can't find the USB cable to get pics onto the PC, will have to wait until tomorrow.

I'll not spoil the results either
Yup, just got back too and am copying over about 400 photos onto my computer. Grabbing a bite to eat, a coffee, then popping into town for a couple of beers. Bit skint though, not got much cash.

I'll post a new topic tomorrow (this one is long enough) with the pics and for chat after the event.
Its a pity i live so far away (near cambridge) or i would have been up for it. If there is an lfs karting 2009 then maybe i could stay with my mate in hartlepool if its in the same place again. We got banned from the one near me last summer because it started pouring with rain and the karting centre told us to carry on instead of making us pit. it got so bad that you could hardly steer, brake, or use the throttle properly as it was like a skid pan. So, when one kart spun into the tyres and ended up in the middle of the chicane and we all lost control trying to avoid it, resulting in a 5 kart pile-up, we were banned for 'deliberate contact' My kart was in the middle of the pile-up and i ended up with, broken steering, one front wheel buckled, bent back axle, and a bloody stiff neck!

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG