The online racing simulator
awww kev was the person i was looking forward to meeting the most :/
I know that you're hoping to get this going in August, just wondering if you're planing it at the start or end of August. I'll need to pencil in my holiday's shortly (by end of Feb) and I'm planning to use a week for this, and possible sneak behind the enemy lines for a week.

Might even bring me golf 'bats' along if there is a course nearby and play golf in the weekday's, and prepare for the karting in the weekend
I'm at Oulton Park on the 9th August, and fortunately (for you) that takes precidence.
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm at Oulton Park on the 9th August, and fortunately (for you) that takes precidence.

So you not coming to this event now?
I'll try and start getting the boat rolling this weekend. Will get some dates for you. So long as they answer their phones, anyway.

mcgas - that's not what he said.
Quote from Bob Smith :I'll try and start getting the boat rolling this weekend. Will get some dates for you. So long as they answer their phones, anyway.

mcgas - that's not what he said.

OK my bad. also boats dont roll or else you will be in trouble
Quote from Bob Smith :I'll try and start getting the boat rolling this weekend. Will get some dates for you. So long as they answer their phones, anyway.

Ok thats cool, I'll keep an eye out for any changes.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Might even bring me golf 'bats' along if there is a course nearby and play golf in the weekday's, and prepare for the karting in the weekend

So you're a golfist then are ya . You must be either very old or very sad.

Anyway, my aging father tells me repeatedly that Slaley Hall a few miles west of the Toon is one of the best courses in the area, but is a tad expensive. Also Hexham is good and a lot cheaper. His club Foxton, at Alnmouth (further north) is supposed to be the best seaside/coast/links (whateverthey'recalled) courses in the area. And both Stocksfield and Westerhope (both on the outskirts of Newcastle City) are fun, apparently
put me down as a maybe, newcastle is a little bit far but I'd like to come.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :can we do the race at buckmore park???

best kart track in the country

I second that..... awesome track and well run too.
Quote from Mazz4200 :So you're a golfist then are ya . You must be either very old or very sad.

[ snip ]

Heh.. tell that to my 11 year old who just bought himself a set of clubs with cash he got for his birthday And if you tell me he's very sad, don't turn up to the meet

Golf's a great game!

Regards,

Ian
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm at Oulton Park on the 9th August, and fortunately (for you) that takes precidence.

They should just bring the meet to you then lol you'd have your own cheer squad
I'd more than likely bin it at the LFS Corner, and then never ever EVER live it down
Quote from mcgas001 :also boats dont roll or else you will be in trouble

Lies. Next you'll be telling me that cow-tipping isn't a real sport.
Quote from Shotglass :awww kev was the person i was looking forward to meeting the most :/

Yeah I know a lot of people are going to be disappointed. Inconsolable, even. The phone hasn't stopped ringing today, etc.

I hopefully will turn up, I'm just not sure at the moment what I'll be doing in six months' time so I asked Bob to switch me to "possible". I didn't say "I'm definitely not coming".

If you're actually coming all the way from Germany I suppose it would be rude not to show my face - Newcastle's only a couple of hours away. If there are plenty of definites maybe I'll skip the karting and just turn up for drinks and misbehaviour later.
More bumming of Kev! Hurrah!

:hide:
Quote from Bob Smith :Lies. Next you'll be telling me that cow-tipping isn't a real sport.

Hahahahahahaha
Quote from Mazz4200 :So you're a golfist then are ya . You must be either very old or very sad.

Nowt wrong with golf mate..........

......apart from my swing.

btw 23 is NOT old you young scallywag
I wish I could come - Would beat you all with the age game. I'd be 16 when the event happens.
Quote from mcintyrej :I wish I could come - Would beat you all with the age game. I'd be 16 when the event happens.

Hitch a lift :P
Quote from mcgas001 :Hitch a lift :P

Its not that, I could get there easy enough. I'm pretty close to newcastle, but my parent's wouldn't approve in meeting a group of (nice) blokes(mostly) from an internet forum.
Don't tell them

Where abouts are you mate.
Looney, Are you doing lessons or booked your test yet?
Quote from The General Lee :Don't tell them

Where abouts are you mate.

Near Middlesbrough, town called Redcar. About an hour away from Newcastle. When i said pretty close, I meant closer than the last LFS Meet.
Doing lessons and test booked. Rather not say in case I phail and I don't have to have the embarrassment of telling everyone.

It isn't long now though

Jack: Just tell your parents you are going karting with some friends and you are staying over at a friends house who lives near Newcastle. You went to school with him but he moved away about 2 years ago. A mate of yours both has just passed him test and you're gonna come up and see him.

If you could get to Darlington, we could pick you up in our convey

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG