The online racing simulator
keep me as a poosible , even tho i would be getting my dad to drive me , alicante > barcelona> paris > rouen > channel tunnel > london > where ever venue is , thats a long drive .
What would be the nearest airport to this happening?
In the UK, that would be Newcastle for sure. Although they've only recently started doing International flights, and then only to places that drunk Geordies would ever go. So you'd likely be looking at flying to a larger airport in the UK and getting a connection.
Lol they've been doing international flights since i was a kid, so that's 30yrs or more.

Oophus, there's a direct flight from Copenhagen to Newcastle 'Intenational' Airport, but you'd have to check to see when and how often they fly.

Edit: But seeing as you're in Norway i guess that bit of information won't really be of any use to you
However, i can tell you that there are regular flights between Bergan-Stavanger and Newcastle Airport, (done the flight many a time when i was younger)

Sorry about the confusion but the Norwegian and Danish Flags don't half look the same when you're skim reading
Quote from Bob Smith :In the UK, that would be Newcastle for sure. Although they've only recently started doing International flights, and then only to places that drunk Geordies would ever go.

Lmao, since when? Tommorow's arrivals board for Newcastle airport includes flights arriving from Prague, Krakow, Sharm El Sheikh, Dublin, Stavanger, Dusseldorf, Belfast, Amsterdam, Paris, Copenhagen, Dubai, and some place called "London".

Although yes, there are a helluva lot of flights to and from Tenerife, Alicante, Palma, Malaga, Lanzarote and so on.
I stand corrected. I'm only going by what flights I see taking off the same time as me when I fly down to Southampton. Actually, I might have been getting Southampton and Newcastle airports mixed up there.
:bump: Lol just thought id post and say my mum got me some driving lessons for X-Mas aswell as other stuff so it means my chances of coming to this are getting much stronger
Definately interested, count me in as well please!

I think I have been there many years ago - we drove up and came back down the same day (as its only 2hr 15mins away).

Tim
How do I explain my parents a holliday job and exams are less important than going to the LFS Meet ?

I'll do my best, but I'm afraid it will be for 2009... I better start saying first that I play a lot online and explain what I exactly play.

Wish I had friends in real life who were hooked up in LFS, then we could use as a quick excuse "Weekend trip to the UK" and no further questions are being asked, like:

Are you going all the way up there to drink, meet a lot of strange people and race ?
Strange people as in possible "(ex-?)criminals" ?
You have never met those people before ?
What do you mean "have to lift to get there" ?
ect ...

If I organise the 2009 LFS Meeting, can I decide that it will be done in Belgian then ? Brussels, easy accessable (and cheap) by plane, car and train, fun and not needed expensive. Central location too for the Europeans, including East Europeans.
I'm seriously considering making the trip across the pond (on a 777 no less).
Well you'd win the "I came furthest" award. A line which could be nicely twisted after several beers...

Something outside the UK for 2009 could be cool, would likely get a very different bunch of people. I don't think my brain could handle thinking about that just yet though.
LFS meet at the Nurburgring sounds like a plan to me
Quote from danowat :LFS meet at the Nurburgring sounds like a plan to me

With some sponsoring (BMW? FBM?) this could become interesting.. A true LFS Promo Event & Meeting.
So, anyone mind coming 'round and picking me up?

:hide:
Count me in, I will have my license by August, and lets say I don't, I will leave two days earlier on foot, with a backback, and a few cans of guinness. If anyone wants picked up around the London area that can be done, although I am carrying a maximum of 3 people. Unless I walk.
You better come Wolfy
Quote from xWolFx :If anyone wants picked up around the London area that can be done, although I am carrying a maximum of 3 people. Unless I walk.

put me on your list of maybes please
Quote from Shotglass :put me on your list of maybes please

I don't have a list but I think I'll make one.

And Lee, I bet you my left toe that I will attend.
I might be interested. Not that anyone knows who I am I loves me a bit of karting though.

But only if I have my bike license by the time it happens.

Which I should.
... and if we meet in the middle of the ocean? so the americans can go
Quote from Syfoon :I might be interested. Not that anyone knows who I am I loves me a bit of karting though.

But only if I have my bike license by the time it happens.

Which I should.

Are you a BCF'er? I swear I recognise your name.

Apoligies for O/T.
Quote from beefyman666 :Are you a BCF'er? I swear I recognise your name.

Apoligies for O/T.

I am indeed a BCF'er.

One of the "oldskool" though, and haven't really been on there for a long time...
Quote from Syfoon :I am indeed a BCF'er.

One of the "oldskool" though, and haven't really been on there for a long time...

I haven't posted on there in years. Hell it must've been nearly 5 years since I've regulared on there! Good to see another one on LFS.

Back to topic, I may well be interested in this meet. Put me down as a maybe and I'll give a definate answer a few months before it happens.
If i could travel overseas, i would!

...free that is
Quote from aoun :If i could travel overseas, i would!

...free that is

If you think about it all you really need is a pedal powered canoe, and a few cans of red bull, if you leave now you might make it for august.

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG