The online racing simulator
Quote from xWolFx :If you think about it all you really need is a pedal powered canoe, and a few cans of red bull, if you leave now you might make it for august.

Lol, you mean ill make it for the 2009 meet?

Dont forget, the canoe will cost, and so will the red bulls.
Quote from xWolFx :If you think about it all you really need is a pedal powered canoe, and a few cans of red bull, if you leave now you might make it for august.

A canoe - the North East of England - beach Nah, it's already been done mate
Quote from aoun :Lol, you mean ill make it for the 2009 meet?

Dont forget, the canoe will cost, and so will the red bulls.

Not if you can borrow a canoe, and get someone to buy the RedBull for you.

he might need some firepower to get past the royal navy prison guard ships stationed all around australia too
Quote from Shotglass :he might need some firepower to get past the royal navy prison guard ships stationed all around australia too

Just buy the captain a nice cold pint. They all love beer, I see them walking around at 3am like lost souls with lager in their hands. (Not the navy, but aussies in London, heh, my friend is Aussie but he sleeps more than wanders.
Quote from Mazz4200 :A canoe - the North East of England - beach Nah, it's already been done mate

Grrr. You beat me to it

It was North-West England wasn't it

again - ot, sorry!
Quote from J@tko :Grrr. You beat me to it

It was North-West England wasn't it

again - ot, sorry!

Nope, the Monkey Hangers (Hartlepudlians) are North Easteners as well.
Quote from J@tko :It was North-West England wasn't it

No, it was in a place just south of Hartlepool called Seaton Carew, which is now known locally as Seaton Canoe

swift edit: Go on Beano tell them the full Monkey Hangers story, i'm sure not many outside the North East will know it
Quote from Mazz4200 :No, it was in a place just south of Hartlepool called Seaton Carew, which is now known locally as Seaton Canoe

Go on Beano tell them the full Monkey Hangers story, i'm sure not many outside the North East will know it

Oh - I'd got it in my mind that it was near Liverpool - my bad!
Quote from Mazz4200 :swift edit: Go on Beano tell them the full Monkey Hangers story, i'm sure not many outside the North East will know it

Blatant C&P, but here it is...

The monkey-hanging legend is the most famous story connected with Hartlepool. During the Napoleonic Wars a French ship was wrecked off the Hartlepool coast.

During the Wars there was a fear of a French invasion of Britain and much public concern about the possibility of French infiltrators and spies.

The fishermen of Hartlepool fearing an invasion kept a close watch on the French vessel as it struggled against the storm but when the vessel was severely battered and sunk they turned their attention to the wreckage washed ashore. Among the wreckage lay one wet and sorrowful looking survivor, the ship's pet monkey dressed to amuse in a military style uniform.

The fishermen apparently questioned the monkey and held a beach-based trial. Unfamiliar with what a Frenchman looked like they came to the conclusion that this monkey was a French spy and should be sentenced to death. The unfortunate creature was to die by hanging, with the mast of a fishing boat providing a convenient gallows.

The mascot of Hartlepool United FC is a guy in a monkey suit, called H'Angus the Monkey.
:monkey:
Stick me in with the "more than likelys" Bob.. should be fun

Regards,

Ian
If you drift in the kart you'll be buying us all a pint.
Quote from Bob Smith :If you drift in the kart you'll be buying us all a pint.

Does loosing control of the kart and somehow sliding around a corner at an angle then re-gaining control count?
im good at drifting karts i have a pic somewhere
ME!

oh wait, I live 12,000kms away. balls.
Hi Bob,

Put me down for this one please. Newcastle is not too far away from me.....great place had my stag night there.....bastards stripped me naked, wrapped cling film around me and left me looking like a complete twat in the Big Market....but that's another story

I'm sure there are more but here's a few tips for starters for those for those travelling up from down south.

1. You do not need a passport to go north of Watford.
2. Amazingly we now have electricity up North so you can bring your electric shaver.
3. Better bring a translator with you.
4. Do not wear an Arsenal top
5. No need to bring a carryout...Newcy Broon is grand
6. Gordie birds are fantastic, it is law that the girls skirts cannot exceed 3" in length, even in winter!

When are you booking it?

Cheers away the lads,

Struan
Heh, I've seen naked clingfilmed people before. That was down by Quayside though, and they'd been kind enough to leave the guy his boxers. A nice chap came out of the pub now and then to pour some more beer down his mouth for him.

I'm still waiting for the venue to get back to my last email before I can proceed any further. I might drop them a reminder soon.
Quote from felplacerad :I'm also interested.

I'd love to come, so we could speak Swedish infront of the other guys, and call them names.
Quote from xWolFx :Does loosing control of the kart and somehow sliding around a corner at an angle then re-gaining control count?

depends ... is your name ian ?

hah... as long as kamkor don't get hold of any video footage..............

Regards,

Ian

haha... I'll keep my eye out

Ian, you might be a team mate, but free beer comes first

What about if we bin it?

Last time I went karting, I crashed.

Last time I went minimotoing, I crashed. And it was filmed.

The shame
Quote from mr_x :haha... I'll keep my eye out

Ian, you might be a team mate, but free beer comes first

heh.. you're not my brother in disguise are ya Chris?

Haven't driven a kart for a long time, but it'll be a good crack!

Looks like I best start saving

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Syfoon :What about if we bin it?

Last time I went karting, I crashed.

Last time I went minimotoing, I crashed. And it was filmed.

The shame

Ahh.. mini motos would be great for a meet some time (for something different)... haven't ridden one in years, but they were some _real_ fun, especially after the events where it was a free-for-all and a time to exact revenge on the boss

Some good memories

Regards,

Ian
I've not been karting for about 4 years. And the fastest kart i've been in went 30mph.

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG