The online racing simulator
i want to know if my dad can do this race aswell in a team with me , as hes taking me and everything ... ?¿
Although it is preferred to keep the racing to LFSers, I won't stop your Dad from joining in too if it means you can come (especially considering the distance).
I plan on being there. My partner will come if she can but she's refusing to race atm, reminding me that its dangerous to let her loose on something that relies on brakes to stop.

What time of day is the race so I know if we need accomodation I had a scan but didnt see it?
Still very interested but can't confirm just yet. It is really dependant on job and when I book my summer hol

Quad biking sounds good too, was at it last weekend Great fun.
-
(mcgas001) DELETED by mcgas001
Unfortunately i'm not going to be able to make it, I hope everyone enjoys the trip as it is my local track and I feel, a great circuit.

p.s Anyone who doesn't take turn 1 (if your on the full circuit) flat out should give up immediately
Quote from jaws99 :
p.s Anyone who doesn't take turn 1 (if your on the full circuit) flat out should give up immediately

Cue me taking turn 1 at full pelt.......

....only to end upside down, wondering how I press 'Shift P' in real life.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Cue me taking turn 1 at full pelt.......

....only to end upside down, wondering how I press 'Shift P' in real life.

Lol, I hope i don't cause any injuries with my previous post!

I assume you will be using the ZIP karts which run on gas, i'm useless in them as i keep trying to left foot brake when both pedals are on the right side!
Quote from Becky Rose :What time of day is the race so I know if we need accomodation I had a scan but didnt see it?

I haven't decided 100% but I think 1pm until 5pm seems likely.

Quote from jaws99 :I assume you will be using the ZIP karts which run on gas, i'm useless in them as i keep trying to left foot brake when both pedals are on the right side!

Really? Isn't that quite unusual for a kart?
I'm also "Still interested but cannot confirm yet". Can't really confirm as I don't even know if I'll be in England that date, but I think I will be.
Quote from Bob Smith :I haven't decided 100% but I think 1pm until 5pm seems likely.

Really? Isn't that quite unusual for a kart?

Well it's the only kart I have ever driven with both pedals on the right, took me a bit of getting used to.
Im still interested but would need to lift share/go with soumeone as im right down on the coast in East Sussex. If anyone is wanting to go from that area pm me and lets see if we can sort something out!
Quote :I haven't decided 100% but I think 1pm until 5pm seems likely.

Cheers Bob that time sounds grand. We'll decide whether to B&B nearer the time, but I think you can put me down for the race.

Quote :Well it's the only kart I have ever driven with both pedals on the right

You are kidding right? That's gonna be a mind flip, there's only two cars I ever raced where I didnt left foot brake and I spun them both...

Well I guess I got an excuse already ...
Quote from Becky Rose :Cheers Bob that time sounds grand. We'll decide whether to B&B nearer the time, but I think you can put me down for the race.

Is that a confirmed decision? Does that mean I can add you to the list of deposit payers? That would be great as that list is currently far too short to actually make the booking. I don't want to cancel the event because everybody is tight/skint.

Quote from Becky Rose :You are kidding right? That's gonna be a mind flip

I asked Dave from Karting North East about this in my last email to him, but he's yet to get back to me on it.
Quote from Bob Smith :Is that a confirmed decision? Does that mean I can add you to the list of deposit payers?

Here goes the microwave fund, yeah sure PM me details.
Quote :pedals are on the same side.

Prolly to stop rental customers from two pedalling them which burns up the brakes and does other nasty stuff to wear things out faster than should happen. So, heal & toe anybody ?
Quote from Becky Rose :Here goes the microwave fund, yeah sure PM me details.

Excellent, so that's a whopping 7 people actually willing to pay the deposit. Another 9 and I can book it. I need those 9 quick though if we are to book that date before somebody else does, apparently Saturdays over the summer are always fully booked months in advance. So if you're reading this and have £30 spare, sign up. I don't even care if you want to go, we need your money.

Joking aside, if you are seriously thinking of going, it won't happen without deposit money. Deposits are non-refundable though (from the karting center), so that means if you pay and subsequently drop out, things will get more complicated (I'll have to pay somebody elses deposit to you instead of to the karting center).
Well Bob, since I'm getting paid tomoorow, and it's now 95% certain I will be able to attend (work boss has given me time of, now have to see if my 'other boss' will) put me down.
Just tell her you'll do the dishes for a week or something, should be enough to shut the woman up.

Anyway, added you to the list of confirmees.
Is there room for me and do i need to pay a deposit?

I don't have a team but I've done a lot of indoor karting in my time.

I can't make it. Everyone else have a good time though... and all that
23rd of august is the last day I have exams.... I'm out too bad
Too bad, was hoping I could make it.
Quote from Mike Bingo :Is there room for me and do i need to pay a deposit?

Yes, there is room. If you can confirm now, then I will require a deposit. Let me know which category to stick you under.

Teams can just be formed on the day (for those that don't decide beforehand).
I want to race, how much is the deposit?

I don't have much at the minute, I've got the MOT due on my car and I need 2 new tyres and a service
Quote from Mike Bingo :I want to race, how much is the deposit?

I don't have much at the minute, I've got the MOT due on my car and I need 2 new tyres and a service

Well since it's half of the 61pounds your looking at just over 30 =)

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG