The online racing simulator
Quote from Shotglass :i cant begin to tell you how gutted i am... seriously

I did try to make it work but in the end I found I only had a two-week period in which to take a week-long holiday, so either way I was going to be out of the country on that weekend. I'm doing a big rebranding job at the moment that's going live on the 17th and that's what's stopping me from getting away earlier.

We had considered going camping in Bavaria actually but it all looked a bit too oom-pah and lederhosen, and that put my girlfriend off.
Quote from thisnameistaken :We had considered going camping in Bavaria actually but it all looked a bit too oom-pah and lederhosen, and that put my girlfriend off.

Lemme tell you something, not all of Germany is like Bavaria (Bavaria is not even considered part of Germany in most jokes ). May I suggest Cologne as an alternative? It's a great city, and even if it's only because I live there
Quote from thisnameistaken :We had considered going camping in Bavaria actually but it all looked a bit too oom-pah and lederhosen, and that put my girlfriend off.

technically i live in bavaria (franconia... the sophisticated bit in the north that once owned half of europe... yes id like half of italy and france back please) and neither here nor bavaria itself really has much of any of that

oh and dont go to cologne... they think 0.2l of dog pee is beer there
Quote from St4Lk3R :Lemme tell you something, not all of Germany is like Bavaria (Bavaria is not even considered part of Germany in most jokes ). May I suggest Cologne as an alternative? It's a great city, and even if it's only because I live there

Yeah I appreciate that not all of Germany is like Bavaria. The plan was to travel around a bit, but in the end we only had a week for a holiday so we decided to do it some other time when we can take a longer trip.
Quote :Yeah I appreciate that not all of Germany is like Bavaria.

God damn, that's another narrow world view stereotype dashed! Leave me with something guys please !
Picture the scene, 5 British bikers pull off the A1 Autoroute in Germany, we proceed into a petrol station to fill up with fuel.

A BMW pulls up at the pump opposite, and a guy gets out, and low and behold, he is wearing ladenhosen!!!!.

Needless to say we almost fell about laughing, it's almost akin to going to Lambeth and seeing the pearly king and queen!!! LOL
Quote from Becky Rose :God damn, that's another narrow world view stereotype dashed! Leave me with something guys please !

i can try to find a store that sells lederhosen and change on the way from the airport if its any help
can you wear one of those robin hood hat things with the feather coming out of it too ?

Actually i've been to Germany quite a few times. Mostly to gloat, but also just to see the place and have a looksie around. I'm not as insular as I make out
OK, the style of event has changed from teams of two, to us all racing individually at the same time. This drops the limit to 26 racers, so that means we'll be running pretty close to the limit in terms of numbers. Now that's a cheery thought.

OT:
Quote from Shotglass :i can try to find a store that sells lederhosen and change on the way from the airport if its any help

Why find a store? We all know you own some.

Or do you mean they (quite rightly) won't let you through customs if you're wearing them?
Quote from Becky Rose :God damn, that's another narrow world view stereotype dashed! Leave me with something guys please !

Not to worry, I will be more than willing to prove that Scots are tight fisted bar-stewards by not paying for a single round at the get together after the race, upon my turn for a round, I will employ one of my 'get out of buying a round' tricks leaving you all so confussed, that it would not hit home what I did, till the following morning, by then I shall be back in Bonnie Scotland.

Alternatively, I could just wear my Kilt (anyone calling it a skirt, and there will be serious repercussions :slap to add a theme of national dress to the event.
Quote :I will be more than willing to prove that Scots are tight fisted bar-stewards by not paying for a single round at the get together after the race

What if we all fold our arms and stand there waiting for you to buy the first round... ?

Quote :I could just wear my Kilt (anyone calling it a skirt, and there will be serious repercussions :slap to add a theme of national dress to the event.

I was going to say something really funny, but then I remembered this.

Oh the shame.
Quote from Becky Rose :What if we all fold our arms and stand there waiting for you to buy the first round... ?

errm, I'll think quickly on my feet and cross that bridge when it comes.

Quote : I was going to say something really funny, but then I remembered this.

Oh the shame.

you know on this one, I think the Celtic nations have to concede defeat to the English with this little number.
I'm going to have to pull out of the event because I'm a bit broke.

I'm not too bothered about getting my deposit back if it becomes a problem.
Quote :errm, I'll think quickly on my feet and cross that bridge when it comes.

You'll still buy me a drink though won't you Mackie, I meen, you are a gentleman right? *puppy eyes*
Quote from Becky Rose :you are a gentleman right?

I thought gentlemen and Scots were mutually exclusive.
Quote from Bob Smith :I thought gentlemen and Scots were mutually exclusive.

Innocent until proven a stereotype hun
Quote from Bob Smith :I thought gentlemen and Scots were mutually exclusive.

Exception to prove the rule must be Sean Connery.
Quote from Becky Rose :You'll still buy me a drink though won't you Mackie, I meen, you are a gentleman right? *puppy eyes*

As a Highlander, I'm bound by an ancient historical code of honour in which our duty is to ensure the lassies are looked after.

We are also supposed to cause chaos and destruction whenever we cross enemy lines, but we tend to ignore that untill provoked (last known example of this code was when we nicked Wembleys goal post's - I must say they look good in Lesser Hampden )
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :As a Highlander, I'm bound by an ancient historical code of honour in which our duty is to ensure the lassies are looked after.

We are also supposed to cause chaos and destruction whenever we cross enemy lines, but we tend to ignore that untill provoked (last known example of this code was when we nicked Wembleys goal post's - I must say they look good in Lesser Hampden )

YAY! I gots drinksies, i'll leave me purse at home then. I drink Bombay Sapphire with lemonade and a Sambucca chaser. thx.
Quote from Becky Rose :YAY! I gots drinksies, i'll leave me purse at home then. I drink Bombay Sapphire with lemonade and a Sambucca chaser. thx.

damn....should have said, one drink rule only.......

btw what the hell is that drink...you must understand but at my local there is basically a selection of about 5/6 drinks. Beer, Whiskey, Malt Whisky, Blended Whiskey, Local Whiskey and water.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :We are also supposed to cause chaos and destruction whenever we cross enemy lines, but we tend to ignore that untill provoked

Come try it in York. Actually don't - I'm sick of you lot coming over here nicking our jobs.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Come try it in York. Actually don't - I'm sick of you lot coming over here nicking our jobs.

Is that no where you guys can still legally shoot us gentle, kind and caring Scots with a freaking crossbow......you cowards.
So now that Mike has dropped out, will his deposit go toward someone else who hasn't paid theirs yet (like SR Keith )

Or better still, the next person who pays their deposit can give it to Mike, so he get's his money back
Quote :damn....should have said, one drink rule only.......

la la lar lar lar la la, sorry I cant hear anything I got my iPod on and am hoovering.

Quote :btw what the hell is that drink...you must understand but at my local there is basically a selection of about 5/6 drinks. Beer, Whiskey, Malt Whisky, Blended Whiskey, Local Whiskey and water.

Water!? ROFLZ, Scottish lightweight.

Bombay Sapphire is a Gin, at 40% it's reasonably strong and takes the faster of available routes from standing to arse in the air chained to a lamp post insulting a police officer, in the bottle it has a blue colouration, which vanished when it's poured, which gives it the name "Sapphire". I guess "Bombay" must be inspired from the gut ache that comes along with the regret in the morning.

It's a proper junniper gin, tastes wonderful. Although eclipsed by Mahon Xoringeur it is more readily available. It does sadly cost quite a bit (a lot more than Xoringeur), but quality is worth investing in

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG