The online racing simulator
I hope there are no red and white barriers are this meet... or you will all die . FLIP WEEEEEEEE WOOOOOO!!!!!!
Well, it would be nice to have an idea on how many are likely to come around before buying, but if you're willing to donate to the cause I won't turn that away. I can always return non-empties.

Cheers on the offers of headphones though, that should solve the sound problem.

Krammeh - no worries, we're going to race, not cruise, so there's no need for extra silly barriers on track.
i won't be there in the evening. I'll be off to london after dinner or abouts that time. (are there any dinner plans btw, or do we just grab a bite after karting? I wouldn't mind a substantial refueling before leaving)
Off to see Scawen eh? There are two main options (of course anyone is welcome to go off and do their own thing) and I'm open to suggestions as to which is best.

We can either go to the pub round round the corner where we started and get food there (maybe best option for people not wanting to go into Newcastle), or we can all meet up at the pub in town (I'm sure somewhere I suggested the Wetherspoons as it's large, cheap and easily found) and eat there.
I won't be hanging around afterwards, it's a hell of a ride, about 5-6 hours, so I want to get back before midnight if possible!!!!
I dunno if i'm staying over I need to hear what Nihil is doing as he's my ride, i'm good for it though .
I went to the karting centre yesterday and pid the extra 4 deposits to extend the booking to 20. That means I have received one more deposit than I have paid; this spare deposit will be returned to Mike Bingo once the money has cleared from PayPal.

Also they have said that if any more people want to join in last minute, they will now be allowed to pay everything on the day, but they still want to know in advance.
We are planning on hitting Newcastle town centre on the Saturday evening.
is it too late for me to express an interest?
Quote from Bob Smith : ...
Also they have said that if any more people want to join in last minute, they will now be allowed to pay everything on the day, but they still want to know in advance.

adamr123 - if you decide you are serious about attending, let me know and I'll inform the karting centre.

All facts should be in the first post, but if you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers.
AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My hairdresser is on holiday.
Quote from Becky Rose :AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lionel Blair cuts can be arranged.

#1 all over madam ?
Quote from Bean0 :Lionel Blair cuts can be arranged.

#1 all over madam ?

Noes!

Imma have jet black and white fringe. Dun care 'bout the cut but it's staying long. Just no sure I can get it done before kart meet so you might have ter grace your eyes on me with reverse tips! (my highlights have grown out).
Quote from Becky Rose :AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

haven't been to a barber in almost a year now.....just plain lazy .

My participation in the post drinking, may be limited to the soft drinks. I did my back in last weekend in a raft race (who knew that the raft, which was already heavy before hand, would weigh twice us much after taking on board half of the Cromerty Firth) so I still plan to do the race, doctors advice has always been ignored by me, the medication may stop me from drinking.

hm does tristan still plan to come and watch?
Maybe, but that's all I'm able to say... I can't commit to anything these days it seems!

but I could bring a pair of clippers with me
Firstly, for all those who will be staying over and going back down the M1 on the Sunday (24th), I saw that it will be closed between J32 and J35 in both directions from 00:00 until 19:30 (i.e. all day long). It says on the Traffic England website that there will be a 20 minute delay, so I assume there will be some diversions in place. I don't know if it will affect anyone, as the A1 might be the better bet for most people, but I just thought you should all know

As for the after event stuff, I too am a non-drinker (by choice and not a doctors say-so). I will not be staying the night as I don't really fancy the idea of going out into Newcastle with you but I don't mind grabbing some food with some of you (depending upon the options and who is doing what etc).

The offer of going to your house, Ben, and playing LFS sounds OK, but not the drinking beer bit! I would like to play this by ear though and make my mind up at the time (depends on how I feel, if I am talking to people or if I am being a miserable sod and just standing at the back laughing at all the bad jokes that I can't actually make out over the rest of the din in the pub! - sounds wierd I know and might not make sense, but there you go, thats me)

The karting will be fun though! See you there.

Tim
Right, I have just sorted my route, damn, it's a long way (250 miles and 6 hours apparently!!!), hope it ain't raining!!!, mind you, doesn't it always rain in the "grim north"?

This'll be the furthest north I have travelled in the UK, so that'll be interesting, but I digress..........

Any chance someone who knows where the pub is, or is 100% sure they can get there, pm me a mobile number or something, just incase I get horribly lost?

Thanks.
I'll give you my number over Vent or something tonight.
Pub looks easy enough to find though
It does, but the last time I went abroad on my bike, I went 20 miles the wrong way up the E40............

I'd rather have a security blanket, and not need it, then need it and be stuffed!!!!
The pub is located right next to a junction on the A19, hard to miss I'd say. The exit is signposted for Seaham (at least when approaching from the North).
When you've done 250 miles on a large v-twin, your eyeballs are doing the fandango in thier sockets, so unless there is a HUGE neon sign pointing "THIS WAY" there is a very good chance I'll miss it
Quote from danowat :When you've done 250 miles on a large v-twin, your eyeballs are doing the fandango in thier sockets, so unless there is a HUGE neon sign pointing "THIS WAY" there is a very good chance I'll miss it

rofl

Quote from t1ger :Firstly, for all those who will be staying over and going back down the M1 on the Sunday (24th), ...
Tim

cheers for the heads up.
So you're going to ride 500 miles and still not participate? Can't convince you otherwise?

Tim - you're welcome to do whatever. IIRC, you'll be the only person other than myself to have attended all four meets, I'm sure you know what the drinking afterwards is like. I've no idea what time people will want to change from drinking to racing, it's possible the hardened drinkers might want to stay in town, some go their own way, and others go race.

On the food front, I'm not dictating what people do, if people would rather eat at back at the pub where we're starting, that's fine, if people would prefer to eat in town (so the drivers can have a drink), then that's fine too. It would be nice if we could stay in a group as long as possible.

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG