The online racing simulator
Ahh! I think I finally understand what you meant! I will take a look and see if I can find how the bug is being caused. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!
Okay.. I think that one's fixed! Sorry it took so long, I didn't understand at first
hehe no prob, most important is THAT we understood thx
Any probs on your network..?
Today I got:
5 times disco´ed
3 times I´ve noticed a "server/X-system-crash then restart"
happened on Race#2, SS#1 and UF-BR

pretty anoying when leading on last lap...
I think there have been some network issues today, which caused the disconnects. I only saw one restart of the X-System today, though it does self-detect and restart within about 5 seconds. If you were on the last lap of a race, as long as the restart happens before you cross the line and finish the race, it should handle the race finishing and credit you with points, with no problems.
*sigh*
happened again on SS#1 a few seconds ago...

Thx for the reply Sam!
Seems to be a problem with the web service, and the API used. I'll try and get it sorted now.
Quote from SamH :That's odd. I'll have to see if I can duplicate it. Course, even if I can duplicate it, I can't do anything to fix it.. we'll have to highlight it as a suspected bug, and shove it before Scawen

Has anything been done to address this issue? Not to pester anyone, I'm just wondering. If need be I can get on the server with someone to try to replicate and identify the exact nature of the issue.
Quote from Lateralus :Has anything been done to address this issue? Not to pester anyone, I'm just wondering. If need be I can get on the server with someone to try to replicate and identify the exact nature of the issue.

It's been raised in the Bugs section of the forum a couple of times now, but we're still on Patch Y so it's not yet been fixed. Once the multibyte character language pack support is finished, I would imagine this and the BL1R path problems will be fairly high on Scawen's list.
Filed a report last night on my usual way, while the race was still on progress. I usually then go to myctra to edit the details and select the correct replay, review it etc.

It seems that I cannot choose the replay if the date happens to change between the races. The drop down menu only lists the replays of the date the report was filed at.
Attached images
ctra.jpg
Quote from teaz-R :Filed a report last night on my usual way, while the race was still on progress. I usually then go to myctra to edit the details and select the correct replay, review it etc.

It seems that I cannot choose the replay if the date happens to change between the races. The drop down menu only lists the replays of the date the report was filed at.

No more midnight racing for you!
Quote from teaz-R :Filed a report last night on my usual way, while the race was still on progress. I usually then go to myctra to edit the details and select the correct replay, review it etc.

Righto, I'll sort that out. Don't delete your report.. gimme a few mins
MyCTRA is broken since yesterday:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01b6'
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Cookies'
/myctra/default.asp, line 330

Try again
Quote from BurnOut69 :MyCTRA is broken since yesterday:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01b6'
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Cookies'
/myctra/default.asp, line 330

Try again
Fixed! Thanks Sam
The report interface seems to be broken for me.

Raised a new report via web and tried to submit it via $rep on SS#1. After clicking on $rep I get a "X-System restart-message" but no report-interface. Same on Race#2 with added message about endurance day.

There´s a perfectly filled out report but I can´t send it...
Hmm.. I think there's a problem with my new web interface for raising reports I'll take a look at it.

Did it by chance fall over when you tried to pick a replay, or was it just when you viewed the report?

[edit] Why could you not submit the report on the MyCTRA page?
I think we're okay now. You may have to go into a report you've already generated, and re-save it (with or without changes), but once you've done that, you should see the Submit button. The New Report page wasn't properly validating the licence name when you stored the report. That's fixed now

I found the problem that had been causing X-System crashes over the last day. You should be able to view reports you've raised, on the webpage, in the server again now
Quote from SamH :Did it by chance fall over when you tried to pick a replay, or was it just when you viewed the report?

No. Picked replay from MyCTRA, added info and stored it on MyCTRA.
After that I tried to submit the report via the ingame $rep-thingie but the $rep-interface is gone. I only got that restart-message...

Quote from SamH :Why could you not submit the report on the MyCTRA page?

Because "submit" is just text, no button or link. It´s not clickable...
I´m on Opera 9.25
Quote from SamH :I think we're okay now. You may have to go into a report you've already generated, and re-save it (with or without changes), but once you've done that, you should see the Submit button.

Tried that a dozen times, cleared cache etc., still not working.
Quote from VoiD :Tried that a dozen times, cleared cache etc., still not working.

I'm seeing 2 words in the reported driver field.. one begins M, the second begins H. Together, they are not the name of a licence, but the first one is. Delete the word beginning H and submit
Ok, I raised a new report with the same data and submitted via MyCTRA. It worked.

$rep-interface is available again too.

But: Submit after edit doesn´t work for me. Tried it with another new report.
Quote from SamH :Delete the word beginning H and submit

The report is about two drivers (multireport). Do I have to seperate the names or what..?
Quote from VoiD :The report is about two drivers (multireport). Do I have to seperate the names or what..?

I saw the multireport and split them into two reports. Problem solved

Normally you would need to raise reports for each reported driver. However, it's also okay to raise a single report to cover multiple drivers. Admins will split the report into multiple reports in order to deal with drivers as individuals.

The important point being that the "Reported Driver" field can only contain one licence name. To ensure other drivers are also reviewed, make sure you note their names in the Report Text body.
noticed that! THX

"racerX & racerY" should do the trick next time. Or what you admins prefer...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG