The online racing simulator
Quote from CSU1 :[sitting on the fence]...ot/ why is'nt there some noise or indication when one is overdoing it on the clutch?...I'm having a nightmare with it?me is a total clutch noob

Because IRL, there is no noise indication of the clutch "overheating", slip is the first indication you'll get, and by then it's too late.
Quote from AlienT. :Do real life GTR cars have sequential gears? If so then there should be no requirement to lift your foot from the accelerator as the computer does it for you.

Not sure if this has come across, or if that even was part of your question, but: The big GTRs in LFS do have ignition cut, so there's no need to lift the throttle on upshifts. The small GTRs use h-boxes, though.
Quote from danowat :Because IRL, there is no noise indication of the clutch "overheating", slip is the first indication you'll get, and by then it's too late.

ahh i guess I'll have to start taking this more seriously. I'm looking to fall in with some more experienced drivers to pick up a few tips, so I've applied at AR(fingers crossed)
Im loving the new gearbox stuff even though my left foot still thinks its the brake foot and all i do is coast off the road in several places instead of braking with my right foot

Oh and about the clutch, in my own car if i do a 'racing' gearchange the clutch (even though its almost new) does slip between gears (400+nm torque) so i do have to get a definate lift in there, also there is a very obvious indication that my clutch is getting hot, but i dont think scawen can do smellyvision yet

Simon
IL join, I love all the changes in X30(31) and with tweaking the CT settings i think it will be eeeeeven better.
Thumbs up for this patch! Nothing to dislike so far.

Quote from ajp71 :The BMW SMG gearbox is not the same as a sequential gearbox, it's a computer controlled automatic gearbox with sequential manual control AFAIK.

In the M3 CSL its a manual with computer controlled clutch. With paddle-shift of course. In the M5 (and probably M6) its much of the same, but there it is a sequential.
Quote from BWX232 :Well I never got into any trouble, I just noticed that after a spin that the clutch bar was half way up and full red, and that the thing would not hold the engine torque. After three laps around SO chicane and then one spin. I guess I started out too fast and the clutch wore out half it's usable life in 2 seconds.

Oh well, I guess it is not worth worrying about until it is final. Hopefully they will adjust it next patch.

I dont know how many times this is going to get said on the forum, but the clutch is NOT wearing out!!! That is not implemented yet.
You can count on me Tristan!
I using the G25 I fate all the evidence necessary but rizione disintegrates always or immediately or after 3 -4 laps is stalled, in my opinion is not real, it is true many things have improved, but have a clutch will be too sensitive 'disability large proportions, imagining the races that last 20 laps up
I have not had time to test out the new patch out properly but as soon as i do I shall join the "We're glad LFS is harder and more realistic now" club. If there is still room.

mad
Quote from Linsen :Not sure if this has come across, or if that even was part of your question, but: The big GTRs in LFS do have ignition cut, so there's no need to lift the throttle on upshifts. The small GTRs use h-boxes, though.

The FZR has a H-Gate, which is so nice to drive after throwing a seq around the track for a few laps.
Quote from ebola :I dont know how many times this is going to get said on the forum, but the clutch is NOT wearing out!!! That is not implemented yet.

Consider it the usability that was worn out.. the inability to hold a gear's torque.. It is ACTING as if it is worn out, that is for sure. I realize the meter VERY slowly goes back down, I can see that.

It's just silly the way it is now if you do any testing with it. No clutch behaves that way IRL.
-
(Mille Sabords) DELETED by Mille Sabords : obsolete answer, I should read the thread further :)
Quote from Not Sure :realism f*** yeah!

REAALLIISSSM.....**** YEAH!!!!

now someone continue the song, remember, America team police!
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The FZR has a H-Gate, which is so nice to drive after throwing a seq around the track for a few laps.

I could claim that I left out the FZR on purpose and was only talking about sequential GTRs, but than my last sentence about the small GTRs should have still contained the FZR, too, so I'll be honest and admit that I forgot about the FZR. I'll edit my previous post as to not cause any confusion (just in case anyone actually bothers to read this whole thread).

Btw, when will we have our first club meeting? And where? At a race track, maybe? I think we should rent one for a whole day and everybody brings their own cars and we should have a club race. Then we could be glad that real racing is even harder and more realistic than LFS. Although the last part of the meeting would probably have to take place at a hospital.

I'll join
I wasn't in before, but here I am! I'll park the society bus of retardation around the back shall I?
I'm joining!
I tried out the new patch 30/31 for the first time last night. FMB on So6. I was totally blown away, SO SICK! It'll take some getting used to for shifting, but all around fantastic stuff.
I'm in.:eclipsee_
signed.
overall i am very happy with the new patch (but i do not agree in all points: why are digital speedos unrealistic? The map is still there!
Patch X30, X31 and soon patch Y has (and will) defeinetley added to the realisim of LFS.
i play this game cause of its current realism in patch x, patch y will make it that much more fun. If im infront of you when that light turns green, prepare to drive around my stalled car.
I'm in...I just bought some shares in Logitech..G25 sales gonna go through the roof!!
/join

I love the current test patches, far better than X.
Quote from SchneeFee :signed.
overall i am very happy with the new patch (but i do not agree in all points: why are digital speedos unrealistic? The map is still there!

God, I hope it stays there, it keeps me away from crashing into the leader when leaving the pits or crashing some racers when recovering from my own crash.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG