The online racing simulator
of course...i'm in
definitely an important step into right direction... the direction of real hardcore simulation that is
side view
Quote from Lible :Me joins, altough I'm a bit disappointed about 45degrees only, it's ok in a singleseater, but in road cars you surely can turn your head more.

I hope this particular change won't generate more collisions. In real life, you see what's next to you even when you are not looking there. In LFS, you don't see what's next to you unless you have really wide view angle (which is both ugly and suboptimal for racing, especially for fast cars), so you have to use view buttons. Making it even more harder to look aside doesn't end up in more realism, IMHO.

Overall, I'm joining it too.
IM JOINING!

omfg, 900 posts....
/Join
#56 - Chri
me join too
Hello.
Quote from Smurfen :IM JOINING!

omfg, 900 posts....

Congratulation

And btw, is it healthy for Tristan`s ego with all this attention?
To view 90 degrees, press the the right/left view button, and at the same time press the opposite view button.

It used to be 180 degrees, now it's 90.

Anyway, I'm so deep into this club that i actually have ditched RBR for now.
After the couple of hours yesterday I think its alot better!! So yeah baby I'm in.
For sure, count me in!

Edit: Check my signature.
I'm in. Really liking the new patch so far.

Realism FTW.
I'm in!
The more the cars resemble temperamental lumps of machinery rather than super-slick mathematical simulations, the better.

Up until now racing has been mostly about navigating the circuit. Now hopefully it's becoming more about the finer points of controlling the car. Definite +1 from me.
#65 - Don

i would also like to see uber hardcore mode which would basically be SHIFT+F (maybe with laptime/position after each passed lap) and no F9 and F10 screens.
Quote from The Very End :Congratulation

And btw, is it healthy for Tristan`s ego with all this attention?

Got nothing to do with ego. You post in here because you like the new patch, and pretty much approve of everything in it. It doesn't mean you like, approve or even tolerate me. If you like the patch, and you hate me, then feel free to join the club. I just happened to think of the catchy title

Quote from Don :
i would also like to see uber hardcore mode which would basically be SHIFT+F (maybe with laptime/position after each passed lap) and no F9 and F10 screens.

Axus was telling me about Vain's Pitboard thingy. It basically means you can Shift-F and still get enough info to compete - I haven't tried it yet though, so I don't know.
New version feels great to me , no blip/cut, new redlines and limiters feel great and enhance racing imho (tend to go to a higher gear in a cornercombination where it will be hard to shift because it's now harder to shift while cornering and there are now no overrev's available) , and..tires feel different, better, if i'm not mistaking difference between grip and spinning/skidding has become bigger. (as a result starts might be different too but i'm not sure yet, i never did fullthrottle/toprevs off the line starts in any car anyway because it seemed stupid, but i hope it might be faster now to spin less)

I'm really happy about the AI, gave a few tries and they're doing good and make propper fun so now i can drive whichever car, setup and trackcombination whenever i want and have good racing. (won't see me online much anymore :sorry: )

Also sounds have improved i think, adding to the experience, some engines seem to sound slightly more mean. And the screen moving and vibrating more on bumps (curbstones now make you dizzy) is also effective..i found myself bobbing my head behind the computer countering a nasty bump i drove through just now.

I think it's really awesome. Ooh look at all that time i'm wasting here, see ya
Quote from tristancliffe :Got nothing to do with ego. You post in here because you like the new patch, and pretty much approve of everything in it. It doesn't mean you like, approve or even tolerate me. If you like the patch, and you hate me, then feel free to join the club. I just happened to think of the catchy title

Axus was telling me about Vain's Pitboard thingy. It basically means you can Shift-F and still get enough info to compete - I haven't tried it yet though, so I don't know.

hehe
Ermmm, i've only managed to get about 1/2 an hour on it so far, but i have to say SO and BL look fantastic now, and the new little FBW2/V1/whateveritsnameis is a real treat, seems like it's got loads of grip. I like the bumpy/head shakey thing too. As for the stalling/clutch heat aspect i cant really comment as i'm back using the auto box and never really noticed a change (time will tell). And was the collision bug fixed ? I've had a few high speed shunts and not once was i launched into orbit.

But yeah i'm all for more realism even though i'm gonna have to get real creative with modding my wheel.

Big +1 for the new patch
I'm in too... Most of us will probably have to learn how to "drive" in LFS again, and forget all the bad habits we've been collecting over the time we play the game, but for me, that sure is a good thing. For those that were always complaining that nothing new happened to LFS, we may not have gotten 10 new cars and 20 new "real" tracks, but you sure got a all "new" game to play...
Let me in

Quote from Shotglass :as much as i tend to disagree with deggis ajp and you on these subjects on this occasion ill join in on the fun

Damn it! Agreeing with Shotglass and Tristan, better start another 'I think nK is the future of race simulation despite the fact it doesn't work and sounds like a pack of bees' thread

Quote from Don :

There should also be a 'I already race in uber hardcore mode club' in fact I find it easier to race in shift + F although I can't completely bring my self to remove my shift + F wheel bind yet because I need to check if the race has finished. In fact I drove straight into the wall on the straight at SO6 last night trying to look at my F9 screen

Quote from tristancliffe :

I tried it before, the main limitation I found was it was always a lap (or two?) behind, I think due to a limitation in LFS more than for realities sake, I'd like to use it if the lap display could be correct for what lap your on (as it is IRL) even if the time is a lap late.

On a side note don't Formula BMWs and Renaults have a laptime on the dash, far more useful than speed or brake bias atm (given you still have to go to F11 to adjust it) maybe the info displayed on the LCD could change for F9/F10/F11/F12 like it does when you press F12 atm?
Signed

I don't know about "harder" as it's by far closer to what one expects from a machine like a car, sort of feels more rewarding too, so... hi!
I suck no matter what the realism and difficulty settings are, so count me in.
well its just a test patch and its going to be much better when we reach Y.. So I agree that LFS should be hard and realistic

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG