Quote from Woz :I have said this before but to make LFS more "real" you need to simulate FEAR of a crash into the driver.

Just see people stop over driving their LFS cars when they are connected up to electrodes that pump 1000s of volts of juice through in proportion to the force of any impact lol

All bitching and moaning about not enough grip would stop over night ROTF.

I guess we might see a sudden decrease in wrecking as well.
Quote from zeugnimod :I guess we might see a sudden decrease in wrecking as well.

Yeah, and/or probly a bunch of "SM Servers" instead of "Destruction Derbys" ones...:uglyhamme
Quote from Woz :I have said this before but to make LFS more "real" you need to simulate FEAR of a crash into the driver.

A more realistic damage model would suffice - people are getting away with things that would have totaled the car for sure in RL...

Quote from Woz :For me though the KEY thing that needs to be added is a live track where you get rubber marble build up off the line on corner approach etc. A constant changing track surface would transform all the LFS tracks.

I agree - and it would be a racing sim first too...
..apart from maybe gtr2, that had live track/marbles for ages :P
Quote from Rauen :Yeah, and/or probly a bunch of "SM Servers" instead of "Destruction Derbys" ones...:uglyhamme

Actually, I would love to play on Destruction Derby servers when damage gets really realistic. I think it'd be amazing, not only cosmetic but also damage on the car parts, brakes, aerodinamic, engine problems... people would still crash their cars and ram others on DD servers, but they wouldn't exagerate it otherwise they'd wreck their cars and wouldn't be able to race anymore. So I think it would be even more fun.
Quote from unseen :..apart from maybe gtr2, that had live track/marbles for ages :P

Scripted != live

... but ok, it came closest...
Quote from VoiD :New Tyre Physics

Shoot me, but I was in a mood to bump this (again)...

Wow, that one escaped me. Great news

Yunno, i can't help but feel a little proud knowing that we have the three most anal Developers in the industry right here working for us.

Keep it up lads.....phnarg :icon23:
Quote from Mazz4200 :....most anal Developers

...?

Don´t feel ashamed to make yourself the biggest fool, it´s ok.....

Thx for your very well researched input, was just priceless...
Quote from VoiD :...?

Don´t feel ashamed to make yourself the biggest fool, it´s ok.....

Thx for your very well researched input, was just priceless...

No, what he was saying was actually a compliment for their extremely detailed work. He wasn't insulting them! Anal means very obsessed over details.
Are you sure (of course you are)..!?

Well, that must be some kind of the biggest misunderstanding!

I beg your pardon..!

Next time i`ll use some dictionary..tbh "anal" sounded very familiar... And NO, I wont get any deeper...
Well yes, anal as a noun does mean something else but as an adjective it is what I said it is.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Anal means very obsessed over details.

I think I've heard this expression before, and on the context I thought it meant that, but I just can't find that meaning on a respectable dictionary...
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Anal
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anal

Edit: I only managed to find that meaning on Urban Dictionary, which is just like Wikipedia (anyone edits, anyone posts, anyone makes definitions for the words), apart from not being moderated by anyone at all.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=anal
Quote :The term anal-retentive (or anally retentive, anal retentive), commonly abbreviated to "anal", is used conversationally to describe a person with such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, and can be carried out to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_retentive
holy thread bump batman
I can't wait to see first "BF1 is undriftable" thread after the patch release.
Lol, talk about lost in translation

Yeah Void, MP3Astra is correct. It's a compliment.

Think how many other developers would say "Ok, so we got this new car, but it handles like a pig on roller skates, meh, it's good enough, ship it". But for Scawen and boys that's simply not acceptable. They strive for perfection in every area of the game, even if that means ripping up existing code and starting over. Ok so that means updates get pushed back, and they run the risk of upsetting a few folk, but, if the end product is as good as it sounds, then it's always worth waiting for. And i for one am very pleased they're that "anal", that fastidious. Their attention to detail should be applauded, and not continually criticised for been slow and lazy.

Some have said they've lost their passion for the game. But Scawens post in that thread suggests to me that it's stronger than ever, and long may it continue.
#968 - War
Quote from Mazz4200 :Lol, talk about lost in translation

Yeah Void, MP3Astra is correct. It's a compliment.

Think how many other developers would say "Ok, so we got this new car, but it handles like a pig on roller skates, meh, it's good enough, ship it". But for Scawen and boys that's simply not acceptable. They strive for perfection in every area of the game, even if that means ripping up existing code and starting over. Ok so that means updates get pushed back, and they run the risk of upsetting a few folk, but, if the end product is as good as it sounds, then it's always worth waiting for. And i for one am very pleased they're that "anal", that fastidious. Their attention to detail should be applauded, and not continually criticised for been slow and lazy.

Some have said they've lost their passion for the game. But Scawens post in that thread suggests to me that it's stronger than ever, and long may it continue.

IMO thats the best post i have heard for this year I think exactly like that
I'm in now that i have a G25, but wen i had my DFGT i couldn't see the point in liftting the throttle manualy wen you were driving with a quick-shifter to begin with. :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG