The online racing simulator
If the ABS in LFS is realistic, then nobody will use it. Road ABS increases the minimum braking distance, as it doesn't allow enough slip to generate maximum braking before reducing system pressure.

I'm sure, in time if not immediately, there will be an option for servers to force ABS off and return the control ultimately to the driver.
Quote from tristancliffe :

I'm sure, in time if not immediately, there will be an option for servers to force ABS off and return the control ultimately to the driver.

I'd like to think this has already been adressed ready for the new release patch...... would make sense that it's a server variable...
Quote from Mattesa :it certainly makes things easier.

I'm still out on this one it may help in some car/track combos. I just did an hour or so around a South city track in the RB4 (not a car I drive much) and tried with both ABS and no ABS and have to say that I felt like the car handled better near the limit without ABS, but that maybe is in part to it being a 4WD and/or the setup.
(Go read the new thread by Scawen)

So Scirocco will have limited setup.

And lots of people already went apeshit. [in that thread]

YAWN!
Quote from deggis :(Go read the new thread by Scawen)

So Scirocco will have limited setup.

And lots of people already went apeshit.

YAWN!

Its a simulator, so its "realistic" that it has limited setup possibilities.'

Look in what thread you are posting!
Quote from G!NhO :Look in what thread you are posting!

Sorry if it was confusing but I do have club membership here.
Yep, I join. I LUV it how it is right now. Ofcourse I'm still looking forward to further changes.
Yeah I'm in!
vJoin the "We're glad LFS is harder and more realistic now" club...
When the car stops feeling like it's on ice then I'll be happy it's a great game...but compared to older ones the traction just isn't there anymore...doesn't seem to really bite when I get into spins or stuff like that....and im talking about gravel here...anyone else sometimes feel that way as well?
Nope. Less ice feeling these days than there has ever been. It's only because you can't 'feel' the car, and is the same in all sims that don't artificially give 200% more grip than you should have to compensate.
I think that unrealistic setups + smooth track surfaces (even the gravel) can also play a big part in this issue. ^
Realism? The more, the merrier. I'm definitely in.
I'm in
Can't wait to see what the next patch brings
Count me in
I'm a slave.....

:bowdown::lfs:
I think the whole LFS community is in on this topic really.

Why else should they have LFS accounts? For the NFS feeling?

Anyway, I'm in.

+1 and something something
I completely and utterly fail to understand how more realism could possibly garner complaints. And this from a guy who has no clutch pedal and can't upshift the FBM under any circumstances. (Ok, it's not that bad, but it's bad. My TSW has no buttons, I switched to momo which I don't like so I could clutch.) I do feel it's easier to shift a real car without clutch because you can feel the gears in your foot, but not many race vehicles are designed to be shifted like that.

The only realism I'm really missing in LFS I know is coming at some point. Transmission damage, Spa, weather, the Ring, night, Jerez, engine damage, Monaco, ...

The ENTIRE reason I drive LFS is for the realism. Keep up the good work. It gets better all the time. I've never been as happy with any software. It's not even software to me any more. (Until my mobo gets a short or something, in or related to the video pipe and it won't run. Then it's painfully obvious.)
Quote from theblackrabbi :When the car stops feeling like it's on ice then I'll be happy it's a great game...but compared to older ones the traction just isn't there anymore...doesn't seem to really bite when I get into spins or stuff like that....and im talking about gravel here...anyone else sometimes feel that way as well?

Exactly. I actually cant believe that so few people have pointed out this.

In my eyes the very main problem of LFS is that cars just basically float on the surface, slide like on the ice yeah.

I mean, in LFS take the XRT and even beginners can without problems drift it nicely and longly. Its just so easy - you just make the car drift and then it drifts...drifts...drifts...just like it had no grip at all on its rear tires . In real life it aint at all so easy!

I have been playing LFS for 2 years now and that has always been tha majorproblem of lfs. No way that cars in real life float like that. Try it - take the FWD XFG in Blackwood and even on the straight, if you turn the wheel left and right rapidly a few times, its rear just floats

But ye it's better than ever, it has been worse.

And thats why I don't want any rain in LFS, cause if cars already float in dry conditions, what would they do in rain?
Quote from tristancliffe :Nope. Less ice feeling these days than there has ever been. It's only because you can't 'feel' the car, and is the same in all sims that don't artificially give 200% more grip than you should have to compensate.

The grip doesn't have to be exagerated to compensate for the fact that you can't 'feel' the car, but a grip model that is more forgiving would help. It's still my opinion that some diversions from reality will result in a better sim oriented racing game, so I'm not a member of the harder is more realistic club.
Quote from JeffR :The grip doesn't have to be exagerated to compensate for the fact that you can't 'feel' the car, but a grip model that is more forgiving would help. It's still my opinion that some diversions from reality will result in a better sim oriented racing game, so I'm not a member of the harder is more realistic club.

Ey? It's pretty widely acknowledged (even by utter fanboys) that losing grip in LfS it too LINEAR, thus too forgiving... Why the hell would you deliberately make it worse?
Quote from JeffR :The grip doesn't have to be exagerated to compensate for the fact that you can't 'feel' the car, but a grip model that is more forgiving would help. It's still my opinion that some diversions from reality will result in a better sim oriented racing game, so I'm not a member of the harder is more realistic club.

Quote from bbman :Ey? It's pretty widely acknowledged (even by utter fanboys) that losing grip in LfS it too LINEAR, thus too forgiving... Why the hell would you deliberately make it worse?

It wasn't a reference to LFS, just a general comment. The original GTR was at one end of the spectrum with it's all or nothing grip, the tendency for cars to always spin 180 degrees with any amount of oversteer. GTR Evolution is near the other end of the spectrum in terms of forgiving physics.

My point was that the grip doesn't have to be increased to compensate for the lack of feel, but rather how the loss of grip is modeled. In real life, some tires, such a bias ply racing slicks, are much more forgiving than a street performanc radial tires. Radial racing slicks are being designed to be more forgiving than the early designs.

From the dictionary section of the web site below. The other related factor is the drop off in grip that occurs if the tire is pushed beyond the optimum. For bias ply tires, this tends to be a smooth transition that can be corrected, while with radial tires, the transition can be quite abrupt causing the car to loose control all at once.

https://www.hoosiertire.com/rrtire.htm
Can I join? I am demo but I play LFS since the old times of S1 (I registered after I updated LFS to version Z since I sticked always with normal Y even after the testpatches, so, don't let the join date fool you).
I'm out. LFS should become arcade, and never heat or waste anything
Quote from Speed Soro :I'm out. LFS should become arcade, and never heat or waste anything

ARE YOU NUTZ???????????

Arcade is for weak people
Quote from Speed Soro :I'm out. LFS should become arcade, and never heat or waste anything

Tell me you're kidding, man! ARCADE LFS???? That would suck!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG