The online racing simulator
Quote from JTbo :Club's first open track day:

You are free to use setup of choice, as long as it is realistic

Here is my contribution to the track day

Its a road going set adjusted appropriatly for track day driving while still being a comfortable street car. Is that realistic enough

I'll post the road going set also.
Attached files
XRG_Track Day Road.set - 132 B - 1043 views
XRG_Road Going.set - 132 B - 992 views
/signs
Also, replacing the XRT in demo with the FBM is a good move imo, it will help get rid of the ricer dorifto craze in LFS and attract more mature customers to the sim. (I like to drift though, but a lot of demo drifters happen to be less than intelligent.)
Quote from hagenisse :In the M3 CSL its a manual with computer controlled clutch. With paddle-shift of course. In the M5 (and probably M6) its much of the same, but there it is a sequential.

Do you have to lift the throttle to change gear on CSL and M5? And is there some system that does the blip for you? I'm really courius about this..
I like it better now. It seems more competitive. It's weird but I seem to be better at it now too.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Do you have to lift the throttle to change gear on CSL and M5? And is there some system that does the blip for you? I'm really courius about this..

I don't think you have to lift/blip in either of those cars. They use tiptronic-type systems which handle throttle control automatically. Most cars that have paddles on the wheel use tiptronic or DSG type gearboxes and manage rev matching by computer. I think most of them also have systems that prevent you from shifting down too early.

In LFS the BF1, FXR, and XRR have blipping controlled by the car. The FOX, the MRT, and the new BMW use "dumb" gearboxes which require the driver to take care of the throttle, and which use a shifter - not wheel mounted paddles.

These are two totally different types of systems, but for some reason people seem to think that since their DFP has paddles, the shifting in LFS should work like a Ferrari Enzo.
I could not bare it, being in club without clutch pedal just seemed too silly, so me new G25 is slowly being delivered and perhaps next week I can actually drive... no, stall, in realistic manner

Hmm, track day times are UTC times, just so you all know, check LFS forum online indicator or use LFS world to 'phone' if others are on track and so on
Quote from nihil :Never used this digital speedo thing, so have no opinion one way or the other... Just confused... How is a digital speedo unrealistic?

It's not, my RX8 has one
Would an UF1 (mini) have a digi-speedo, no, an XFG?, no, infact, the only road car I would consider having one in is the FXO, only because it closely resembles an Astra, which had one back in the 90's.

Digi-speedos are few and car between on road cars.
G25 arrived yesterday, I'm now an official member of this 'club'

It's hard to get used to driving LFS now though, haven't done so properly in about 6/7 months!
And generally rubbish. But as the numbers are digits, people think they are accurate. I doubt you'll find a road car digi-speedo more accurate than a conventional speedo
Of course, speedo's are generally inaccurate by design, however, the digital speedo on my bike is about +/- 1mph, according to the police bike that was following me in the summer....................
I don't guess my speed IRL, I use GPS, way more accurate than speedo
I just speed - then the odd mph here or there doesn't matter
I'm in once I get G25
Just a few thoughts...
Quote from tristancliffe :I just speed - then the odd mph here or there doesn't matter

QTF!

The stuff abpout the mini-map got me thinking - I rarely look at it, but....

Quote from FL!P :Oh come on! The map is the only substitute we have to pit radio and track marshalls.

QTF too.

Much of the discussion about these things has very little to do with the quality of simulation, but more about the nature of role play, the quality of the 'game'.

Simulation is all about the relationship between input and feedback. How you get that feedback is an essential part of the simulation, but all the same, being always in the realm of representation means it will always be subjective. I know I'm fairly alone on this forum in that I really don't care about the role-play aspect. It doesn't matter to me how the feedback is represented, just so long as its represented clearly.

Hmmmm... Just thinking aloud... It interests me how stuck simulation gamers are, on the quality of 'naturalism' rather than what I see as 'realism'.
/joins
I'm In
about the track

while i agree flag marshals would be nice, shouldn't we just be using our mirrors?
Quote from nihil :It interests me how stuck simulation gamers are, on the quality of 'naturalism' rather than what I see as 'realism'.

Is that simming in the nude?
ECCI clutch arrived!!!!! Hastily fitted with bolts finger tight, and small 3 minute test - it's LOVELY!!!!!!! I just need to pack out the brake pedal for better heel&toeing, and it'll be nigh on perfect Thank you weak dollar
Count me in. I'm an official realism supporter...in fact this game is a simulation. If you can't cope with it, play arcades.
If you can't cope with it, practice coping with it.
Quote from nihil :'naturalism'

Quote from danowat :Is that simming in the nude?

I think he had something more artistic in mind.
Attached images
joyofracing.jpg
LMAO, sorta reminds me of the cover of "the joy of sex", that book gave me a fear of beards that I will never recover from......
excellent..!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG