The online racing simulator
I was withholding judgment until I got my 90 degree view back. Now I'm in.

The clutch heat introduces a new dimension - now you have to be nice to your car or it won't last. I'm anxiously awaiting brake heat and fade now.
Even though I haven't tested the test patches yet, I like the way developers are trying to make LFS more realistic!

The driving realism is one of the things that distinguishes LFS from any other racing game. So making the game even more realistic is a good thing for LFS.

I'm looking forward to patch Y. Maybe the game will be harder, but then I'll just have to practice more with the new A.I. players

(EDIT: "game" can also be replaced by "simulation", except in "other racing game" )
defo in, it is so much better this way
I'm in.. But if anything I feel like I have more control then ever before... Not so much it's more difficult, just you have to be more aware of your car and more reactions from it's functions
I join too but... as i was maybe the only idiot who didnt flatshift in previous patches the clutch heat didnt affected my driving.
And the no more digital speedo doesnt affect too as i never watch the speedo anyway.
So i'm in too but to me this patch didnt change anything to me ecept for a brand new car and south city track.
Oh yes! the rev limiters! that was a great idea!
Quote from Rubenz81 :I join too but... as i was maybe the only idiot who didnt flatshift in previous patches the clutch heat didnt affected my driving.
And the no more digital speedo doesnt affect too as i never watch the speedo anyway.
So i'm in too but to me this patch didnt change anything to me ecept for a brand new car and south city track.
Oh yes! the rev limiters! that was a great idea!

You were not only idiot to do that, I did that too
Quote from JTbo :You were not only idiot to do that, I did that too

that was the only advantage the mouse had was it was easy to downshift.. helped with brake feel.. Only thing unrealistic with this new patch is you can't pop it out of gear without using a clutch now.
not tryed the patch yet will hang on till all is ironed out.
but from an old GPL driver i'm in all the way
Quote from ghost racer :that was the only advantage the mouse had was it was easy to downshift.. helped with brake feel.. Only thing unrealistic with this new patch is you can't pop it out of gear without using a clutch now.

Yes, only with H-shifter it is now possible, so it is perhaps more realistic than before, but in one way it is not as sequential controller in h-box car could be looked as driving aid, confusing
Quote from RINGPULL :not tryed the patch yet will hang on till all is ironed out.
but from an old GPL driver i'm in all the way

Thats just awesome to see people 4.5 years into LFS, never made a single forum post (till now) and still into it.
Quote from JTbo :Yes, only with H-shifter it is now possible, so it is perhaps more realistic than before, but in one way it is not as sequential controller in h-box car could be looked as driving aid, confusing

You know that is still very confusing to me... every manual car I drive I dont use the clutch to get the car out of gear.
Quote from srdsprinter :Thats just awesome to see people 4.5 years into LFS, never made a single forum post (till now) and still into it.

I LOVE it...I'm in the club
:google:
Quote from Drunken Predator :Damn i should have wished my wife to disappear!

Never wish anything the like, or else the above mentioned wife disappears into a shopping center for a few hours and burns your credit card faster than an AI stuck in pits burns a patch X30 clutch

I wish to remove myself from this so-called club, because:
A) My clutch does not heat up any more due to X36 cold hearted reverse evolution :chicken:
B) Tristan probalby bullied all the new member into joining, hence his massive middle finger lead in the forum bully awards section
Overall I quite like the new patch, the nod to increased realism is fantastic. Now it forces us all to become better drivers.
Quote from Danke :
The clutch heat introduces a new dimension - now you have to be nice to your car or it won't last. I'm anxiously awaiting brake heat and fade now.

and engine heat, and intercooler heatsoak and oil temps and water temp, and boost control....
Quote from senn :and engine heat, and intercooler heatsoak and oil temps and water temp, and boost control....

Material fatigue added then top of that

Oh joy, it seems that at late afternoon today I will get my new G25 from post office as it arrives there then, after that I might get full membership of this club
Live For Finite Element Analysis
Yupp Agreed I Deff Prefer the new pacthed LFS

just need to get a wheel now and do it propper

think they should take out auto gears and auto clutch
Auto-blip and cut have never been an issue for me. If the game doesn't have it, I can just program it into the controller software (CH USB controllers in my case), so it's kind of a pointless issue for me.

It is a wear and tear issue for a typical wheel and pedal setup, which will increase the effective cost of playing the game.

I assume that the fast cars like the LFS F1 will simulate the real F1 cars with their computer controlled sequential shifters and clutches.

Do any of the other cars in LFS have real world counterparts with computerized sequential shifters, such as those used in some European (BMW 320i GT) or Japan GT (Honda NSX) series, and if so, does LFS emulate this, since after all, it's supposed to be a simulation of the real thing when the real thing actually exists?
One more member..
Quote from JeffR :Do any of the other cars in LFS have real world counterparts with computerized sequential shifters, such as those used in some European (BMW 320i GT) or Japan GT (Honda NSX) series, and if so, does LFS emulate this, since after all, it's supposed to be a simulation of the real thing when the real thing actually exists?

All the cars that have sequential gearbox with ignition cut - the FXR, XRR, FOX and I think the FO8 - despite not really having actual real-world counterparts should be OK to just keep the pedal to the metal.
Count me in!!!
Count me in!!!
Playing LFS for about a year and will never stop loving it!!!
Great work developers!!!

:laola:
I hope that becoming uber slow is not affecting my membership

Indeed, brake pedal is just wrong way positioned, it is next to clutch, when it should be next to throttle, also on normal car brake don't go much below throttle when doing hard braking, but in these there is no braking at all when it goes below throttle pedal level.

So it is rather uncomfortable setup

But with calibration hack it becomes usable anyway, or at least bit closer to IRL. My foot is enough large to use ball as Tristan once explained, just need to learn a bit as I can't 'rest' my right foot against brake when doing blips, which I can IRL

FFB is huge amount better.
Ah sure, I might as well join, after all, a harder LFS means less n00bs make it out of the pits!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG