The online racing simulator
#126 - DC2
/join
i'm i

maybe it's to much realistic now
Totally.
100% in.
Quote from Lible :Me joins, altough I'm a bit disappointed about 45degrees only, it's ok in a singleseater, but in road cars you surely can turn your head more.

if you press the left/right button then press the opposite side button you turn full 90. e.g. Press look right to turn 45 then press look left while holding look right to turn the full 90.

I really like the patch, not a problem with anything apart from the tyre physics. do i really have to teeter around a lap of AS4 at <90 mph on full pressure R2's to get in 1!!! qualifying lap? I like realism but this may be overdoing it.
Why no-one reads what i post
I'am in
I'm in, but I'm gonna suck bigtime for a long time!

My access to LFS is severely limited, so no practice

However, methinks fun factor and longevity will increase alot
Signed.
Quote from ajp71 :I tried it before, the main limitation I found was it was always a lap (or two?) behind, I think due to a limitation in LFS more than for realities sake, I'd like to use it if the lap display could be correct for what lap your on (as it is IRL) even if the time is a lap late.

I'm pretty sure this is how it's done in real life as well (just an educated guess, since I'm not fortunate enough to race in the real world). After you cross the start finish line, let's say you are 5 seconds ahead of the guy behind you. Well, there's no way that your crew can determine that you're 5 seconds ahead until that guy crosses the line. By that time, you're past the pits and down the track. So the next time you come around, they can tell you how far ahead you were the last time you passed the start/finish line.

With higher end racing and cars with transponders, this is a non issue since they can talk in your ear and tell you how fast you're going, how far ahead/behind you are, whether you're running too slow or falling off in time, etc. Just one of the many reasons I loved Becky's LFS Companion so much. It could do most of those things and was like having a pit chief talking you through the race.
Quote from Cue-Ball :
With higher end racing and cars with transponders

Our entry class endurance series uses those already, also times are available on net at real time, so it is very basic stuff
Quote from JTbo :Our entry class endurance series uses those already, also times are available on net at real time, so it is very basic stuff

I'm sure it depends a lot on the race series as to what is allowed. There are so many different series, car types, and sanctioning bodies these days that it's hard to know what is and is not allowed in any given one.

I would like it if LFS supported the gamut from club racing (no headsets, no transponders) to LeMans style racing with live tire temperatures, transponders, pit radios, etc.

Hopefully we'll eventually see support for all of these things, as well as server side control to limit some of them.
For some reason I find LFS a lot easier now, I can hit corners faster than I ever could and I don't end up the wrong way round or making sand castles as often.

The whole clutch thing is pure awesome, and plus the 45* look makes checking the left wing mirror easier (even if I can't see anyone down the side of my car in it, which is an annoyance, hope it gets changed at some point). It makes me more cautious when shifting so not to burn out the clutch and end up limping around the track.
Quote from tristancliffe :"We're glad LFS is harder and more realistic now"

actually i don't agree! to me is way much easier and this thanks to huge step toward realism , because now cars are much more "predictable"...i mean they behave like you expect from a real car...much more than before
i guess much of the improvement is due to the engine moment inertia tuning
I tried the BF1 and it handles a way better!
Definately
Quote from Maelstrom :I tried the BF1 and it handles a way better!

Hrm... so it wasn't just my impression? I took it for a quick spin and it seemed quite different to what I remembered.
Yeez..I'm in.
i'm in too +1 for realism
Some things are in need of fixation for the test patch, but I like most of the improvements except the lack of digi speedo. I don't care if it's not realistic I want to see my speed raise and raise till I hit the wall

But you can sign me up.
Realism is good but to the certain limit

Remember that we are playing this via PC and making the game matching 95% of real will make it pretty unplayable and the most fun of it will wear out by then. Just that you shouldn't make the 100% realism religion of yours.

But yes this update is pretty very very neat.
Some sharp edges (bugs) are still there but Im sure they'll be gone by the final release of the big Y
Count me in lads 100%
The patch eats my tyres.

*joins*
im down, haha, i love it
Quote from Maelstrom :I tried the BF1 and it handles a way better!

Same here. After 4 laps pb on KY2r with the FXO. With a x10-setup!

Blipping/Cuting/Clutch is no problem ( It never was)

But:

I have to rework all my set´s Tyres!

Join the "We're glad LFS is harder and more realistic now" club
(969 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG