The online racing simulator
Quote from Californian :I kept them pressed but it seems like you have to lift them between the gear changes like: A pressed, lift gas -> gear changes, lift A, press A, lift gas -> gear changes. I dunno but that seemed to be the case.

I drove 10 laps in FBM with momo and gears seemed to act pretty well. Downshifts can be done the old way, at least it didn't heat it up. Thar car has so much grip

That is correct practise

You don't change gears by touching gear lever IRL either, you grab lever and move it to direction/position of gear change, so this is what LFS simulates here too, or so I believe at least
Quote from JTbo :There should be only one language of LFS, English, all others are impossible for me to understand, including Finnish.

I find the Finnish translation difficult to read as well
Well Im off to practicing

Thanks for advice everyone!
Bah, who's voting our club down???

5 Stars says me!
Some that like that LFS should be like NFS, perhaps they have mistaken from letters, N and L are pretty close indeed, five stars that is for our best club of best sim

We had some realistic racing at Wednesday LX server again, some found it harder, some not.

I think it is great that now too long 1st gears are in trouble with clutch as it should be, one need to use realistic 1st gear too
I'm glad LFS is harder and more realistic. I'm really enjoying the new changes
Quote from tristancliffe :
we lost behind view (as we knew it) and immediate 90 degree look (but had 45 degrees added instead) and a few things need ironing out (which'll happen for the final version), but we've gained a whole .....

....Cockpit view is going well, now with slight adjustment! Now everyone can have a realistic (ish) driving position and view!

Okay :

1. There is still 90 degree view, press the 45 degree view of one direction, then press the other view button.

2. You can still bind for behind view.
Spatial awareness is much better in real life, in my experience, for whatever reason. It has always been difficult enough to keep track of where everybody is, and I've never heard someone whine: "You should have turned in on me there and taken us both out because IRL I'd be in your blindspot".
I don't think restricting vision is necessarily a good step to be taking, I don't see who that makes anything better for. I think a good clear view to the side is a healthy thing to have in LFS, and I would gladly accept some "unrealism" to maintain that in all cars, even "invisibilifying" a part of the car!, simply because it would make the racing better.
Quote from sinbad :Spatial awareness is much better in real life, in my experience, for whatever reason. It has always been difficult enough to keep track of where everybody is, and I've never heard someone whine: "You should have turned in on me there and taken us both out because IRL I'd be in your blindspot".
I don't think restricting vision is necessarily a good step to be taking, I don't see who that makes anything better for. I think a good clear view to the side is a healthy thing to have in LFS, and I would gladly accept some "unrealism" to maintain that in all cars, even "invisibilifying" a part of the car!, simply because it would make the racing better.

Are you in teh Club?

They could make radar display that shows where other car is too

Must say that I have no real opinion about view thing, I don't use it much so it is not away from me, but don't know should it be away from others, I know that it is bit hard to see 90 degrees to side IRL in racing seat, belts and other safety nonsense coming your way, so based on that restriction is perhaps good thing.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :Okay :

1. There is still 90 degree view, press the 45 degree view of one direction, then press the other view button.

2. You can still bind for behind view.

1. Yes... as I, um, stated in my post that you quoted

2. No thanks, I never used it anyway.

People seem amazed that I even lower my seat in the FBM (-0.020) to make it seem a bit more real. And I can still see fine. Loving it and SO6 (for now - I'm sure I'll get bored of it in a few years).

Also, loving the clutch now I'm more used to it. Can't seem to melt it now, without trying, starts are easy (too easy - the cars should stall a lot more!!!!), gear changes a piece of monkey diddle, and it's 95% second nature to hit the clutch in an accident, keep the engine running, and pop it down a couple of gears ready to carry on. My three-point turns need work though

It's not fault or bugless, but I can't believe how much more I enjoy LFS with this patch (and I didn't exactly dislike it before!!!). Scawen is going to have a hard time beating this one in the near future (I put bets on Y32 though!!!)
Quote from tristancliffe :
People seem amazed that I even lower my seat in the FBM (-0.020) to make it seem a bit more real. And I can still see fine. Loving it and SO6 (for now - I'm sure I'll get bored of it in a few years).

Who says there is hard to see? This is one of issues that has really got me by surprise as I felt it not different from other single seater cars but people are individuals indeed
I think it was Dru on the Redline server just now (sorry Dru if it wasn't).
Quote from tristancliffe :I think it was Dru on the Redline server just now (sorry Dru if it wasn't).

It was not that kind who and question mark

You say stalling should be easier, I might agree, but do you think stalling should be less easy on different situation like starting from uphill in manner you would do with mother in your car?
Of course it is not very important as this is racing sim, but I guess it is part of realism that engines act realistic manner at low rpm low throttle situations too?
Hey guys sorry to kind of ask questions on this thread but seems its popular so..

about clutches and other stuff can i still use auto gears?

Is it still compatible with keyboard?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Hey guys sorry to kind of ask questions on this thread but seems its popular so..

There is auto gears option, but I heard it can warm up your clutch if not careful. You can bind keys to be throttle etc. so you can drive with keyboard too, however that is quite lot harder now, I believe.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Hey guys sorry to kind of ask questions on this thread but seems its popular so..

Yes.
I`m in
I'm in too. :]
count me in
ok im in, although driving with keys is hard enough without people making it harder

not tried the new patch yet just hope blackwood hasn't suffered too much as a few people don't like it at the moment im getting 52:89's around blackwood in the bf1 (at my limit really) so not looking too forward, but hey sometimes change can be good.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :ok im in, although driving with keys is hard enough without people making it harder

not tried the new patch yet just hope blackwood hasn't suffered too much as a few people don't like it at the moment im getting 52:89's around blackwood in the bf1 (at my limit really) so not looking too forward, but hey sometimes change can be good.

I think there is bit similarity to pre S1 blackwood, it is again bit more challenging some way, but easier in other hand, I think it is more technical now perhaps?
It's more technical, lost the flow that the old X10 BL1 had imo.
One small step for Scavier, one giant leap for community.
Do real life GTR cars have sequential gears? If so then there should be no requirement to lift your foot from the accelerator as the computer does it for you.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG