The online racing simulator
#251 - Dru
A big thumbs up from Dru as well....

... love this patch, also I seem to be alot more competative in the ss now compared to X10 or whatever.
I'll join the club as a solid backmarker when I start playing again
Quote from Pablo.CZ :Count me in

Tristan, you forgot to mention Damage repair is now a selectable option, Pit stop damage repair takes twice as long and Engines are no longer repaired in pit stops - this adds much realism as well. The last one needs to be an option, I think. In endu races like 24h engine can be repaired. Never mind if it takes 10min, but devs should give us this option.

Damage repair being selectable annoys me a bit, as I'm convinced (without evidence at this stage I admit) it will encourage people to nurf other cars, knowing it won't slow their car down or cause them time in the pits. I, personally, wanted this option to wait until damage slowed the car by some amount (either dynamic drag, or radiator damage or some such). But yeah, if people like the patch overall then that includes this feature I guess.

Pitstop damage repair takes twice as long - good!

Engine repairs taking between 10 minutes and 5 hours would be a good thing too I suppose (as long as people can quit the repair option in the first minute so they don't have to sit through what is going to be a long stop in a 1 hour race!). And yo'd need a countdown really (so you can go and get a cup of tea safe in the knowledge the pitstop won't finish whilst you're not there)... Good suggestion - Suggest it officially (in it's own thread).
Uber Join!
ME ME ME !
The view restriction is a difficult one.

To mimic real-life you need a good field-of-view and a good sound setup so you can hear where the other car is. A lot of people can't do that.

I've had a little go in a single-seater as Tristan knows You are definitely aware of cars by your side in your peripheral vision and through the sound they make, more so than in patch X30 with a single monitor.

That said, I'm still joining
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Whel i love it 50% 50% the other fifty needs to get used to the cluachtthat overheats way to quik in my opinion especialy road cars

The 50% of people who have problems with the clutch overheating need to learn how shift properly.
I´m in!
The more realistic LFS is, the better it is.
This should also reduce the amount of true NoobS, and the racing gets better and better.:eclipseeh
Quote from geeman1 :The 50% of people who have problems with the clutch overheating need to learn how shift properly.

Please make a guide for each car for autoclutchers
I want a G25 to be in :eclipsee_:bannana_p
Quote from Californian :Please make a guide for each car for autoclutchers

Why? It is very self explaining function, don't cause clutch to slip in first place
Quote from tonyonparas :I´m in!
The more realistic LFS is, the better it is.
This should also reduce the amount of true NoobS, and the racing gets better and better.:eclipseeh

I agree with you
Quote from JTbo :Why? It is very self explaining function, don't cause clutch to slip in first place

Because I don't really know how to use it now because everyone is saying different things about shifting. Some cars have sequential but noone says which cars.

Do I shift the same way with every car or what?

Do I shift up by lifting the gas a little and pulling the shift up lever and down just like before pulling the shiftdown lever or how?

I use black momo and autoclutch because I don't have clutch pedal and I won't use some button as a clutch as that is pointless hustle, wears the fun and reality too.
Quote from Californian :which cars.

In setup screen it says what gearbox the car has, below the engine specs.

PS. If you are using the finnish translation: jaksottainen = sequential.
It tells you in the garage what each car has, under Info.

Bah, beaten by someone with a fly for an avatar...
Quote from geeman1 :In setup screen it says what gearbox the car has, below the engine specs.

PS. If you are using the finnish translation: jaksottainen = sequential.

No it really doesn't. It's not in the "Tietoa = Info" section or "Voimansiirto = Transmission or whatever it's named in eng version" section.

How about that shifting "issue"?

Do I just shift all cars the same way with autoclutch & momo?
Quote from Californian :No it really doesn't. It's not in the "Tietoa = Info" section or "Voimansiirto = Transmission or whatever it's named in eng version" section.

See attachment.
Attached images
vaihteisto.jpg
Quote from geeman1 :See attachment.

I have 2 versions, X10 and X30 and I looked the older one first but apparently that is only in the new version which I found that in. My fault

So now I do know which box those cars have but the 1m$ question is how do I change those gears?

Sequetial and H-pattern boxes are pretty different in real world but how do I change them with autoclutch and black momo?

Up: Lift throttle, shift up
Down: Just shift down?
There should be only one language of LFS, English, all others are impossible for me to understand, including Finnish.

Just drive like with sequential IRL, shift up = lift quite a bit, shift down = lift and when you start moving shifter you can make gently small blip, but timing is key, box need to be unloaded when shifting, engine braking and accelerating causes load to box.
Well yeah,

I tried a method that someone suggested and possibly found a bug (I tried this only with kb+mouse, will try with momo soon).
When I reach the rpm of shifting I press right padle (shift up) and lift the gas and the gear changes up but this doesn't always work and it doesn't always work while downshifting. I just have to hit A / X more than 3 times.

And engine braking should definitelly be less hard on the box.
idd more happy with it
Quote from Californian :Well yeah,

I tried a method that someone suggested and possibly found a bug (I tried this only with kb+mouse, will try with momo soon).
When I reach the rpm of shifting I press right padle (shift up) and lift the gas and the gear changes up but this doesn't always work and it doesn't always work while downshifting. I just have to hit A / X more than 3 times.

And engine braking should definitelly be less hard on the box.

Don't just hit A / X , keep it pressed
it's not really that hard.. practise!
I kept them pressed but it seems like you have to lift them between the gear changes like: A pressed, lift gas -> gear changes, lift A, press A, lift gas -> gear changes. I dunno but that seemed to be the case.

I drove 10 laps in FBM with momo and gears seemed to act pretty well. Downshifts can be done the old way, at least it didn't heat it up. Thar car has so much grip
wOOt! (Word of the year or something according to Webster...)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG