The online racing simulator
up.. lol i haven't touched it

i actually opened it the other day and looked at it, and almost made a render of some car for it (cant remember which car that was, maybe it was the TT)

dunno i need to get into simple city designs so i can have some places to actually render the cars..
i probably wont go back to that one, seeing that it is so low poly, it would just look horrible up close unless i redo the whole thing, so i figure i'll just use it as a base, and model building by building and just make it have similar features

and yes i realize how crappy that quickrender of the boxster is lol, i didn't notice it looked so horrible after it was saved until i posted it so..

that and i realized this morning how far off all the details are great.. gonna take pictures of the real thing tomorrow morning though
Hey man i love the look of the porsche, its soooo smooth. Whats the polycount on it?

I also do modelling, i use zmodeller2 (full version) When i have the time, ill post up some of my stuff.
lol just dont put it here, i have no idea what hte polycount; it is meshsmoothed.. and i know its alot

look below

its been cleaned up on the front bumper section but.. thats hte jist of the mesh

a good portion of it is going to be doubled soon though once i get some pictures from my friend's boxster tomorrow morning
which.. actually that just changed so i guess i'll just put them here:

(cleanliness shot)
[QUOTE=XCNuse;256423]nope.. lol you know i've never used a tutorial (or atleast never used a tutorial with something directly)

lol,... yeah right. no comment

and u know the boxter isnt perfect. at least not up to sektor's standarts.
i think the lights aint right. Maybe the blueprint wasnt correct, u should double chek...
[quote=DoriKiN;258962][quote=XCNuse;256423]nope.. lol you know i've never used a tutorial (or atleast never used a tutorial with something directly)

lol,... yeah right. no comment

and u know the boxter isnt perfect. at least not up to sektor's standarts.
i think the lights aint right. Maybe the blueprint wasnt correct, u should double chek...[/quote]
Dude, are you joking? This is one of the best models ive ever seen lol!
I would be happy if people would actually recognize what I was making

Nice job on the boxster, one of my favourite cars. I have a scale model of it and I always loved it. Only weird thing is the steering locking thingy (the scale model has it, wonder if the real car has it too )
YES! omg it does lol bobby was telling me about the steering lock this morning when i was taking pictures.. kinda sucked cause its been raining all day and it was wet so.. i hope there aren't large rain drops showing on the pictures :S

wonder how many i took.. i know i got a TON of the headlights and all of the seams lol

52.. hahahaha @ 40 mb .. yes they're high quality im not messing around lol
these are 2288 x 1712 pictures (kinda a strange resolution i'd say..)
i know you guys only like to see the renders so:
Looking really sweet XC!
latest
god i hate modeling porsche headlights.. if you ever get the choice.. say no!
bleh.. im holding myself off the headlights forever now, i've smoothed them out as much as i can and at this rate i'm just wasting my time on them
(these are older renders, the headlights aren't as smooth as they are currently)

gotta love doing the headlights!
anyone interested in an update?

smaller pictures but.. you can deal with it lol

Hey, what's the poly count so far?
nice work so far.

Perhaps you should increase the gaps between the parts a bit. Especially at the front bumper. Also the gaps at the doors seems a bit small (could be the angle). The part below the door could also need some improvement, but you probably know that already.
http://colt98.co.funpic.de/improvment%20suggestions.jpg

Could you post some wireframes please. Perhaps a few close shots from the holes in the bumper and the doorframe. I would like to see how you work there because i also work on a car right now and would like to get some reference.

Keep up the good work. I´m looking forward to the the final version.

MfG Colt
everything unsmoothed and with symmetries on, its 79,591
(but there are still many things that i haven't shown yet)

that is the polycount of only 1 wheel, tire, and tread too so.. the poly count on all of that unsmoothed is 48,461.... LOL!

with the meshsmooth all on, its 604,910 (once again, thats only one wheel)
the wheel.. blah blah, same thing alone with smoothing on is 248,272

thanks colt; i'll get some pictures soon
here are some large actual clays, and 2 shots of the wire
(dont mind the little problem on the taillight the crack there; have tons of work to do on it)

Looks wicked Keep going!
Jesus man that looks brilliant!

I need to re-start a porker (lost my GT3 in a format )
Oh man, she's hot!
precisely 1 year ago to this very minute, i was truely enticed by the 3d world; it became apparent as i was modeling a skyline R34 that this is what i wanted to do

at the time i was impressed with my own skills, which was only a year ago when i was rendered this at this very same time, but a whole year ago:

since then, i've discovered more, met more people, found more help, discovered i can do what i never even dreamed of (well.. besides my render skills; they still suck)
but anyways, a year has passed; and this is my new era of modeling:

here are the other updates:
http://i15.photobucket.com/alb ... he%20Boxster/eaecb813.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/alb ... %20Boxster/eaecb813-1.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/alb ... %20Boxster/eaecb813-2.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/alb ... %20Boxster/eaecb813-4.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/alb ... he%20Boxster/54ddf93f.jpg
well looks the same lol :P
I dunno, im a noob at that modelizing thingies^^
Quote from XCNuse :up.. lol i haven't touched it.......

.....dunno i need to get into simple city designs so i can have some places to actually render the cars..

I've recently made a really simple city scene, but it's still a WIP (the bumps are unfinished/****ed up , no roofs, etc), if you want it, I can post it here. Here's a preview.
Attached images
citywip2.jpg
lol
i suggest from the start you model everything rather than depend on textures; you'll discover it comes out a billion times better in the end (thats why i get upset when people tell me to use textures on the rear lights on the boxster)

anyways, yall might not see to much work output from me for a while, one of my dogs just died so :weeping:
at first it didn't seem to much when it happened.. i dont want to talk about it right now, but.. this one is for you Hazie
Attached images
haziemasktest2d.jpg

A.Nuse's thread of 3d things
(530 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG