The online racing simulator
Scawen, I just had this problem on the start grid on SO Sprint 1 where pressing the accelerator didn't do much - it felt like the brake was on when accelerating.

I got this during a U28 patch I believe as well, but it seems to be preceeded with a loss of control to the car i.e. steering input goes irratic and brake or accelerate seems to get stuck in the on position. I've attached a replay and program screenshots to show you. I'm using mouse input.

I thought it might have been something to do with CSR running in the background, so I killed that app, but the problem reappeared (I still run PitSpotter in the background).

If you want more info let me know. In the meantime, I'll try some older patches to see if the problem reoccurs.

edit: just noticed i was connected to U20 servers - Redline Racing and [SKH]Fairplay #2
edit2: just tried U28 on a spdoRacing (U20) with no problems. I'm wondering if it's a bandwidth issue on my part? Would a wireless connection affect response rates as LFS is running on my wireless laptop?
Attached images
Controls.JPG
Misc.JPG
View.JPG
Attached files
stuck at start.mpr - 240.5 KB - 183 views
steering erratic SO1.mpr - 154 KB - 243 views
steering failed.mpr - 197.4 KB - 211 views
SO1 no problem.mpr - 71.8 KB - 207 views
so i had the same problem when i tried to install U28.
I cannot connect to master server.
I have checked all firewalls and programs. nothing seems to work.
Any Ideas ???

Note: I can get on master server with u19 no problem
IMHO nothing changed in then netcode (compatibility)

Did u install U28 in a new folder? In this case, could be ur firewall.
Quote from 180sx :so i had the same problem when i tried to install U28.
I cannot connect to master server.
I have checked all firewalls and programs. nothing seems to work.
Any Ideas ???

Note: I can get on master server with u19 no problem

Must be your software firewall, preventing LFS connecting.

Look in the programs settings, perhaps delete all LFS entries so it asks you again if you would like LFS to connect to the internet. Please discuss that in the technical assistance section if necessary, to keep this thead clean - it is not a U30 change. And anyway you will probably find other threads on the same issue in that section.
Quote from Dibblah :I'm sure you already know this, but that's not quite the point of error reporting. Iff your application is signed (can't be self-signed, actually needs a trusted cert), you (as the application developer) can get much fuller detail than is provided on-screen to the user.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/isv/resources/wer/

Cheers,

Allan.

Thanks. I did not know that. The window says something like "We would like to tell Microsoft about this problem" - and from my point of view that has always been a crazy suggestion. I get a crash in my own program, and XP asks me to tell MS about it!

Anyway everyone, once again, if you get a crash, please click the blue "more info" button on the first window and the next one. Then Windows gives you the crash address (several zeros followed by 6 digits). That address (the 6 digits) can often tell me the line of code that caused the crash.

The crash window is NOT "the usual crap" or "LFS.exe blah blah". It is an opportunity to tell me where the bug is!
Quote from RiGun :I don't know how to reproduce it exaclty but i found a pattern, something to do with window mode, search for multiplayer servers and try to safeexit using the X windows button.

LFS caused an invalid page fault in
module <unknown> at 0000:1000171c.
Registers:
EAX=eb4d6f84 CS=0167 EIP=1000171c EFLGS=00010202
EBX=bff76a38 SS=016f ESP=03d9fda4 EBP=03d9fdec
ECX=ecf9ce90 DS=016f ESI=1000171c FS=29f7
EDX=00000100 ES=016f EDI=0280bca4 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:

Stack dump:
bff850cf 0000fffe 0280bca4 000000c0 bff76a38 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000001 81b63900 00000001 eb4d6f84 000001f4 03d9fbd4 03d9ffbc bffc0684

Thanks for this description. I don't think this is connected with the other one reported, but this makes some kind of sense and should be fixable.
I had a strange bug yesterday, I was racing with Leprekaun, pitted, then clicked join just as the race restarted, and the screen stayed blue, no matter what I did. The pit menus and all the other menus worked fine, it was just the race screen that did this.

DK
Upgraded to U30, when I press shift+F to remove all hud - the split times, and warnings like stop-go penalty are still on, that would make movie making tougher...
That's no bug. Read the threads in this section. There's an additional option to show or remove the messages and flags when SHIFT+F.
a sound bug.
when watching a replay in heli view (just tested with AI) and ur car is behind the AI cars, theres no sound. when the field moves forward the sound comes.
no, its not just low volume theres completely no sound (turned my speakers up ^^)
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :a sound bug.
when watching a replay in heli view (just tested with AI) and ur car is behind the AI cars, theres no sound. when the field moves forward the sound comes.
no, its not just low volume theres completely no sound (turned my speakers up ^^)

I had that and reported in an earlier patch, but it was seemingly fixed a few patches back.. U21 & 22 were problematic for me, everything later is perfect.
Another lockup and hard reboot Attached is the relevent piece of Dr. Watson (i.e. todays bit) Maybe it's of use. I copied this a soon as I rebooted
Quote from Doorman / DrWatson.txt :App: C:\Games\netkar\nkp\nks.exe

Wrong log ?
this happend online on the "end race" screen using testpatch u30

dont know if it helps
Attached images
error.jpg
Sorry for not starting watson, done that now....
I got a crash using U30. We pressed end race and just as that happen I pressed F1, then LFS crashed

Edit: forgot to say I was online
Attached images
LFS_CRASH.JPG
Quote from filur :Wrong log ?

S'all I got. This was not a Windows crash so therefore no crash report.
Edit: Reading it again I see what you mean. I played NKP earlier in the day with no problems. Hey ho. Ignore this babbling.
Quote from Doorman :S'all I got. This was not a Windows crash so therefore no crash report.

Im thinking overheating PC here.
Quote from ebola :Im thinking overheating PC here.

Ya got me going there for a minute. No, it's not overheating.
I think I found the way to reproduce DI : FFDevice - DIERR_HANDLEEXISTS.

Start LFS, and while its starting, before main menu/title screen appears, switch task / click on other window (gotta be done quick enough with quick start), error message appears when you switch back to LFS, or you can see it appear while LFS loads while its not in focus. Easier to be done when LFS starts windowed, but behaves the same when it starts in fullscreen too (alt+tab during initial loading).

I don't know if this helps, I just reproduced it many times during starts. I don't remember if it was happening later during normal use for me.
Misko - a well known "bug". It happens just about every time you make the LFS window inactive and then make it active again.
Quote from Bob Smith :Misko - a well known "bug". It happens just about every time you make the LFS window inactive and then make it active again.

Not really. I think it depends on your computer. On mine it is quite hard to reproduce. I can do it by nesrulz's method - continual rapid ALT+TAB keypresses usually taking around 10 presses - and Misko's method sounds quite likely as well. But it definitely doesn't happen on my computer usually just when clicking on LFS window or restoring it.

Anyway thanks for the reminder, I'll see if it can somehow not try to initialise the driver if the handle already exists (whatever that means).
Quote from Scawen :I'll see if it can somehow not try to initialise the driver if the handle already exists (whatever that means).

well doh !! Just ask the guy who coded it

(just a joke, sry if I offended you)
Quote from PLAYLIFE :(just a joke, sry if I offended you)

No offense, it's a Microsoft error message anyway, not mine.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG