The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :Yes that is one way.

But... maybe NZ HUN wants to have the wheel stoppers at the limit, so he adjusts it on the DFP itself, and also in the LFS screen to match? In which case the request is so that he only has to adjust it on the DFP, and not in LFS each time?

Is that right, NZ HUN ? I'm just trying to get a picture of how the problem is and what the fix would solve.

Yes, that's right. Thank you!
I think I've found a bug in the new test patch as I don't remember seeing it before I used any of the test patches.

When showing the pedal infobars a thin white line will be seen when the pedal is at 100 %. Would a fix for this be possible with a compatible update?

I've attached 2 screenshots showing the problem. Look at the lower right corner of the screen.
Attached images
screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
The thin white line is MEANT to be there, as you will know from reading the first posts in the test patch thread(s).
That is not a bug, it's a long requested feature, so that people know their pedals are functioning properly and giving them full power.
Okay, sorry about the post. I did read the first post. Twice. I still didn't see that line. Must have been blind.
Quote from DanneDA :Okay, sorry about the post. I did read the first post. Twice. I still didn't see that line. Must have been blind.

"Maximum value reached marker added to virtual pedals"
Quote from Blues :"Maximum value reached marker added to virtual pedals"

Saw that now...

And now a bug, I got when I was setting up the controls for U12: Got to the maximum lock of the ingame wheel before I used the full movement of the of my wheel. This was after calibrating the wheel. Haven't been able to reproduce this. Now it goes to maximum lock when the wheel does.
I think that's just a calibration quirk with the wheel drivers.
#59 - axus
Doesn't wheel turn compensation have that effect on some cars?
Quote from SamH :I'm trying to bind SHIFT+M to a button, to cycle through mirror modes. I'm sure it's just me being stupid. I'm very conscious about my inability to take on new scripting concepts, even though I have <proud> successfully got road and GTR cars automatically using the shifter, while S-S's using paddles (including the FOX :razz </proud>

I've added three new functions /press /shift and /ctrl

So for your case : in U13 you can simply set one of the Text Keys to "/shift m" then assign the text key to a button.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Is there any way to switch auto-clutch, throttle blip and throttle cut using scripting? I like to use a clutch pedal in road cars but not the faster single-seaters, but I don't have a fancy H shifter so it seems I can't use the two options in the Player menu to set this up. Am I missing something?

I've added :

/wheel_turn X (degrees)
/autoclutch X (0 or 1)
/gccut X (0-1)
/gcblip X (0-1)
Quote from Scawen :I've added :

/wheel_turn X (degrees)
/autoclutch X (0 or 1)
/gccut X (0-1)
/gcblip X (0-1)

You are a proper little charmer! Thanks Scawen.
Patch U13 is now out with various fixes and updates
I will now delete various posts which I have dealt with in U13 - you can see in the list of updates for U13. So if you wondered where your posts have gone, take a look at the moved posts thread.
With the /press command I get parameter invalid when I try to use a Fn (n=1-12 number) key, example: /press f9. Is this ok or it's a bug? I wanted to make a script to rotate from Temp - Suspension - Off and without being able to use the press command for Fn keys it's imposible.

I get the same message from /ctrl and /shift commands.

Quote from Honey :it is not only for keyboarders or mouse users, it's for everyone (see the "look right 27°" example), you should not have worries because setting a fixed partial throttle/brake will make impossible for you to compete for WR, since a WR holder must be a "trail-braking master" and even more, if someone wants to cheat, there are yet many automation tools that can automate directx inputs and thus it is already possible (and in a more effective way) to produce a mathematically perfect lap or just corner sequences and this not only for lfs but for anything.
the reason i requested for an implementation via script is because for such things to be implemented with GUI requires a lot of work by scawen whilst with scripts i think it will be much much less.

Yes you're right, i've got this paranoid idea because long time ago some friends tryed to code a script for a FPS game where you could get some advantages from your adversaries, I hope that if it is implemented that won't happen.
In patch U and previous patches until I remember, when I had to change FFB level (changing cars) and I used to do it as follows:
press ESC -> Options -> Controls -> Right Click with the mouse on the Force Strength slider -> entered nr. and then pressed ENTER twice: 1st time to store new FFB level and with the 2nd time all menus disappeared.
But now when I press ENTER for the 2nd time - nothing happens, I have to use the mouse again to press OK.

Patch U: I used mouse -> keyboard
Patch U12/13: I have to use mouse -> keyboard -> mouse again (which is slower and annoying)

PS: using "<" and ">" ("," and "." in Estonian layout) to change the FFB level by 5 units is useless, if I need to change by a certain amount that doesn't devide by 5.
PPS: I went directly from U to U12.
Quote from RiGun :With the /press command I get parameter invalid when I try to use a Fn (n=1-12 number) key, example: /press f9. Is this ok or it's a bug? I wanted to make a script to rotate from Temp - Suspension - Off and without being able to use the press command for Fn keys it's imposible.

That's planned. I only had 10 mins available to do that so I just did the keys that can be expressed with one character. I will be adding "named" keys as well like F1, F12, enter, space, etc.
Quote from Renku :In patch U and previous patches until I remember, when I had to change FFB level (changing cars) and I used to do it as follows:
press ESC -> Options -> Controls -> Right Click with the mouse on the Force Strength slider -> entered nr. and then pressed ENTER twice: 1st time to store new FFB level and with the 2nd time all menus disappeared.
But now when I press ENTER for the 2nd time - nothing happens, I have to use the mouse again to press OK.

I removed the ENTER key to exit from there because I found myself exiting the screen by mistake.

You don't need the mouse though, you can use the ESC key.

But I think there's a better solution for you - if you want every car to have different FF amount. Just add the line /ff=[number] into each of the CAR.lfs files you will find in the script folder.
Quote :FIX : Join button in garage did not save setup changes

As i didnt see anyone mention this, and i dont have LFS on this computer for me to check it myself (so pls dont flame me):
was the problem fixed for colour schemes as well? I'm pretty sure I had this issue yesterday. Spectate -> shift+s -> change colour (skin) -> join. I was still with the previously-chosen skin.
Can anyone check this?
First, thanks for putting in my suggestion about Enter key for race setup screen. But second, unfortunately there's problem with this too. The join function doesn't work unless you are first to join the grid, i.e. works only if large button on bottom right says "no drivers", otherwise Enter key sets "Ready" without joining grid first.

Also my idea was that Enter key should toggle "Ready", i.e. be equivalent to clicking that large button on bottom right corner, no matter what's written on it.

Thank you for attention. :-)
There's currently no "un-bind" syntax that I can find. Again, it would be handy in my current clutch pedal situation, because it initialises to 50%, which means I have to tread on it once to switch it off in my auto-clutch cars. Would probably be useful for other situations too.
Quote from Pasci :
I've read before, that the bug with the black screen while switching with Shift + F4 are fixed. Possible I missunderstanding this? My english is really bad! :-) But with the U12 I do have still this problem.

Scawen: Today I've tried U12 again and now U13. Both works now fine (switching between window and fullscren mode).
Yesterday I've really tried U12 and U many times with same effect (U12 with black screen).

I don't understand that. Sorry! So, I think, black screen problem is really fixed.
Just wondering if this maybe could be added because IMO, it would be a good thing. Unless it's already there and I have no idea how to do it, hehe. I know we can slow down replays down to 0.125x and all, but it would be good to slow it down to 0x. A kind of pause. Would be good for photoshooting.

EDIT: Thanks for the responses folks. It helped
Just press "p" to pause the Replay.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG