The online racing simulator
Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
ADDITIONAL INFO you may need if you are testing some of the features in the TEST Patch

FUNCTION NAMES FOR the /button AND /key COMMANDS :

"steer_left",
"steer_right",
"steer_fast",
"steer_slow",
"throttle",
"brake",
"shift_up",
"shift_down",
"clutch",
"handbrake",
"left_view",
"right_view",
"rear_view",
"horn",
"flash",
"reset",
"pit_speed",
"tc_disable",
"zoom_in",
"zoom_out",
"reverse",
"gear_1",
"gear_2",
"gear_3",
"gear_4",
"gear_5",
"gear_6",
"gear_7",
"ctrl_f1",
"ctrl_f2",
"ctrl_f3",
"ctrl_f4",
"ctrl_f5",
"ctrl_f6",
"ctrl_f7",
"ctrl_f8",
"ctrl_f9",
"ctrl_f10",
"ctrl_f11",
"ctrl_f12",

FUNCTION NAMES FOR the /axis AND /invert COMMANDS :

"steer",
"combined",
"throttle",
"brake",
"lookh",
"lookp",
"lookr",
"clutch",
"handbrake",
"shiftx",
"shifty",

PARAMETERS FOR the key commands (press / ctrl / shift) :

Letters A to Z
Numbers 0 to 9
F1 to F12
up, down, left, right
space, enter, esc, tab
less, more

NOTES / TIPS :

To unassign a button or axis from a function, you can assign -1 to that function.
Example 1 : /button -1 shift_up <- unassign the button that was assigned to shift up
Example 2 : /axis -1 clutch <- unassign the axis that was assigned to clutch

NEW AUTOCROSS FEATURE - Restricted areas and route control :

In "marshall" mode you can place Marshall areas and Route checkers.

Marshall areas are shown by a red circle. If a car enters one of them
in single player, it will receive a 1 minute penalty. In multiplayer
mode, the player will be forced to spectate.

Route checkers are shown by a green circle. Each route checker has a
route index number which is shown near the top right of the screen
when a route checker is selected. Cars must pass through these route
checkers in the correct order, or they will receive a penalty or be
forced to spectate. The route index is automatically generated in the
order the route checkers are created. You can manually edit the route
index by clicking on the route index button.
#2 - Lible
Cleanup : posts moved here after processing
Idea: script.txt in /docs folder helping to write scripts.
#3 - SamH
This is a little embarassing, but I now find that I don't *KNOW* where to find all the button numbers for the DFP. Some (a few) are numbered in the profiler, but others aren't. Is anyone up on this and can post linkage? If there isn't a definitive list, I could put together an image and build on it for future reference, if people can feed in knowledge/discoveries.
#4 - axus
Firstly, thanks for the patch.

Quote from SamH :This is a little embarassing, but I now find that I don't *KNOW* where to find all the button numbers for the DFP. Some (a few) are numbered in the profiler, but others aren't. Is anyone up on this and can post linkage? If there isn't a definitive list, I could put together an image and build on it for future reference, if people can feed in knowledge/discoveries.

LFS lists them as you bind them to an action. I'm currently looking at some DX input docs to see if I can write an app to make this easier.

Scawen, is nikimere's suggestion about the speedometer of RWD's being connected to front wheels etc. still being taken into consideration? There is no mention of it.
#5 - SamH
Quote from axus :LFS lists them as you bind them to an action.

You're absolutely right! Thanks for that!

The reason it wasn't obvious to me,I just realised, is that I still had the Logitech profiler running, and it was hijacking the buttons I was pressing, and directing them elsewhere. I killed the profiler, tried again and the POV UP button sprang to life as Button32.

Hint for anyone setting up your DFP, kill the profiler first
U12 / U13 clean-up thread : posts moved here after processing
Sorry I am not sure if this is the correct place to report bugs for test patches. I have a Sidewinder FF2 joystick, but LFS calls it a wheel. Not a show stopper, but had me a little confused at the start while I tried to find the option to combine throttle and break.
Suggestion: What if commands like /say, /run, etc. were assignable to buttons? I currently use the Logitech profiler to bind chat macros ("Sorry", and so on) to buttons on my wheel, but the above would allow me to do that within LFS itself.

I suppose it would introduce the possibility of scripting changes to live settings by simply hitting a button, which may or may not be desirable.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Suggestion: What if commands like /say, /run, etc. were assignable to buttons? I currently use the Logitech profiler to bind chat macros ("Sorry", and so on) to buttons on my wheel, but the above would allow me to do that within LFS itself.

Take a look at the new "Text Keys" section in Options... Controls
#9 - Nobo
There are a lot of chase view drivers out there! And their only request for future patches is the virtual mirror. So my request is the virtual mirror for chase view!!! Or if not, then delete it from tyre-view as well!!
Quote from Wordan :Sorry I am not sure if this is the correct place to report bugs for test patches. I have a Sidewinder FF2 joystick, but LFS calls it a wheel. Not a show stopper, but had me a little confused at the start while I tried to find the option to combine throttle and break.

That is strange. I suspect it's a bug in the driver software. Please can someone else tell me if their joystick or game pad is reported as a joystick or gamepad. Only one reply per controller type will do.
Quote from Scawen :That is strange. I suspect it's a bug in the driver software. Please can someone else tell me if their joystick or game pad is reported as a joystick or gamepad. Only one reply per controller type will do.

I use a crappy pad (so crap that the manufacturers were too ashamed to put their name on it, hey, it was a fiver from GAME and it works), and LFS is under the illusion that it is a wheel.
Quote from Scawen :
Internal mirror offset limit increased to 400 mm

Thanks!
feature request
Server info Legend somewhere within the server list window please?
#14 - SamH
Should we have a spin-off thread for scripting help?

I'm trying to bind SHIFT+M to a button, to cycle through mirror modes. I'm sure it's just me being stupid. I'm very conscious about my inability to take on new scripting concepts, even though I have <proud> successfully got road and GTR cars automatically using the shifter, while S-S's using paddles (including the FOX :razz </proud>

Help! Dumbass Inside.
Bug???
I found something. Maybe a bug, but i can't post it, because, the other thread was closed (for some reason )
I read it, and this too, but I didin't found my problem.

So, when you in spectate mode, go to garage, change something in the setup, and then click to join, the set isn't saved, just only the fuel amount.
But if you choose spectate, it saves the changes.

And of course thanks for the patch ! I like the new speedo, it works just like in the real life. (as far as i can remember, my cars speedo didnt measure in reverse )
Is it just me, or does LFS now try to access the internet as soon as it loads, instead of just when you try to go online? IIRC I read Scawen saying he hated programs that access the net for no reason, so, err, what's changed?
The 90degree min steering should be awesome! My xbox wheel dont fully lock so now it _should_ turn properly for me.

Nice one Scawen.
Quote from Bob Smith :Is it just me, or does LFS now try to access the internet as soon as it loads, instead of just when you try to go online? IIRC I read Scawen saying he hated programs that access the net for no reason, so, err, what's changed?

No.... nothing.
#19 - SamH
Okay, I can't seem to rumble the SHIFT for SHIFT+M, so I'm going to sneak in a quiet request for either [shift]keystroke[/shift] or perhaps a command "/mirror_mode real/virtual/off". Truth is, I only opt for the virtual mirror in the BF1, because I just can't see the wing mirrors and see the road ahead, so I can live happily as things are. Am I missing something, or is there a means to send keystrokes and stuff already?

I'm REALLY loving the scripting, Scawen. I have ideal FOVs set for all the cars I use, all embedded in their respective CAR.lfs files, and I'm like a pig in sh.. anghai
shouldnt the xrr fxr and fzr scripts default to sequential.lfs ? currently they rund road.lfs which i assume is the h-shifter script

and i hope someone writes an app that shows the numbers of a button if you press it to help with scripting

and following honeys idea ... id still like to have slow throttle and slow brake buttons like the slow steering button
Or maybe how it's in U11 and before but clicking on a track area (Blackwood, Aston, etc.) doesn't load any tracks.

EDIT: Clicking any number on Aston selects national. Bug?
#22 - axus
Suggestion:

The ability for more complex binds: /key A run script.lfs
I can see it coming in handy, especially if there are functions for buttons for F9-F12 and the things you can do in there
ie. "strategy_settings"
"pit_fuel_increment"
Thanks for the patch Scawen!

I have two suggestions.

The script system can be used for spamming if somebody makes a script like this:
/say SPAM1SPAM1SPAM1
/say SPAM2SPMA2SPAM2
/say SPAM3SPMA3SPAM3
/say ....

and then binds it to a button. IMHO this should be filtered somehow.

I cannot find a command (if there is one then sorry) to set wheel rotation, but I think it would be useful.
Is there any way to switch auto-clutch, throttle blip and throttle cut using scripting? I like to use a clutch pedal in road cars but not the faster single-seaters, but I don't have a fancy H shifter so it seems I can't use the two options in the Player menu to set this up. Am I missing something?
Quote from Scawen :TEST Patch U11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, it took me all day to fix the black screen bug.

So here's the fix, plus two more improvements :

1) Clutch now defaults to button
2) A small optimisation that may improve frame rate

(Source: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=159591#post159591)

I've read before, that the bug with the black screen while switching with Shift + F4 are fixed. Possible I missunderstanding this? My english is really bad! :-) But with the U12 I do have still this problem.

After the race starts I've switch from fullscreen to window. Closing some programs (LFS works still fine), then I'm switching back to fullscreen with Shift + F4... and now black screen. I could press ESC key and I hear the click sound of lfs, but nothing is shown.

I'm using: ATI X850 with Catalyst 6.4 (if this help).

The official lfs version (0.5U) works fine while switching between the modes.

Ask, if you need other hardware/software information, logs or something else.

The workaround (Thread U11) works.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG