The online racing simulator
I've just skimmed this thread, so not 100% sure if it's been mentioned or if it's normal, but Test patch U20 gave me OOS errors for replays made with U10.
Quote from Micha :It would be good, to read on what track you're racing. People always ask what track this is.
Maybe if you press "n" to see all the conections there should be a small tag with the trackname.

Yey! Sometimes i was joining some server and forgot to look what track was there and i had to ask people who was racing there. So this feauture would be very useful.
Quote from Micha :I dont know if it was mentioned before, so please forgive me.

It would be good, to read on what track you're racing. People always ask what track this is.
Maybe if you press "n" to see all the conections there should be a small tag with the trackname.

Micha

Quote from Scawen :Again may I request NO more requests here!

2. Press F8. It will tell you the track short code.
Quote from BigDave2967 :Not sure if its been mentioned, I just pressed reply without reading all of the posts.

This is against the forum rules and we take it very seriously.

If a few more people do this, or post unrelated requests, I will close the test patch thread again.
Quote from Scawen :
If a few more people do this, or post unrelated requests, I will close the test patch thread again.

if a few more ppl do it, why not just, ban for a period of time or warn those people. we shouldnt all lose because of a few. especially because of the few that dont RTFThread.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :if a few more ppl do it, why not just, ban for a period of time or warn those people. we shouldnt all lose because of a few. especially because of the few that dont RTFThread.

I agree with you
Quote from Scawen :This is against the forum rules and we take it very seriously.

Apologies to that, it won't happen again.
ok it seems that the problems are getting worse and worse
i finally got lfs running and i'm seeing pink tryes (rims showing thou the tryes)
and now i'm typing here while on my other pc its recording it all down with notepad
something weird is happening and i've never had this before and its only started doing this since i installed the new patch

plz plz help coz its scaring the poop outta me

i didnt know where to ask this question so very sorry if its in the wrong section
tried a clean install of u20?
i've tried u20, reverting back to main lfs install and various other things
its spooky me out

EDIT ; i have 3 pc's and now one has got a boot disk fail + i've added a screenie of the trye problem i'm getting
Attached images
Image1.jpg
Quote from Psymonhilly :i've tried u20, reverting back to main lfs install and various other things
its spooky me out

EDIT ; i have 3 pc's and now one has got a boot disk fail + i've added a screenie of the trye problem i'm getting

I have something similar to that, but it is on the sidewalls. Basically it seems the new sidewall name textures will make the tire look like it is sliced if you look at it from the side. You can see through the tire kind of like what you see there. Just looks 'paper thin'.
maybe it has something to do with the z-buffer.
if its not set to 24bits, try it with that again. if it is already, i dont have a clue, because i dont have this problem.
Scawen,

I went on the [D-R-T] Racing 1 server yesterday and several times the server crashed or dropped several people on it. I think I was in maybe 3-4 races that the server crashed (all of them I had a good chance to win) and was dropped from the server. It seemed like it couldn't handle a full server.
I have been on that server quite a lot lately and this is the first time I've seen in it do this. So you might want to check out the server stability in U20.
Also noted that the server was "laggy" in responses (votes, pit in, join, spectate etc.), and sometimes not noted at all.
Quote from DanneDA :I went on the [D-R-T] Racing 1 server yesterday and several times the server crashed or dropped several people on it. I think I was in maybe 3-4 races that the server crashed (all of them I had a good chance to win) and was dropped from the server. It seemed like it couldn't handle a full server.
I have been on that server quite a lot lately and this is the first time I've seen in it do this. So you might want to check out the server stability in U20.

If you told me that all U20 servers were laggy compared with previous versions then I'd look at it as an LFS problem. But you've only told me that one server is laggy. So it's nearly 100% certain that there is a problem with that server, and very unlikely to be a new LFS problem, specially seeing as the network code hasn't changed in any way.
Thanks for your answer. I couldn't find anything in this thread about it, so that's why I made some margin for correction to my posting. I haven't noticed this problem myself by the way. I know I've read it a while ago, but I wasn't sure it still is a bug. Now we all know it for sure. Thanks again and a great thank you for everything you put into this great game.
Upgraded from U19 to U20 and ran it for the first time, and tried to change a setup by dragging a slider (gear ratio or something). It didn't work, neither did any other slider. Also right-clicking on them didn't work, only the arrows. As I remembered another bug (ctrl-shift) that was solved by going into multiplayer and back, I did the same thing, and the sliders worked again..
Don't know if this was a patch-specifig bug or something, but thought I should report it.
I've been looking at this thread on and off but haven't noticed this problem before (don't shoot me if it's a repeat!):

On Friday morning (in Aus) I tried joining a friend's private server for a league we race in, only I was getting an odd error saying I needed patch U (there was a number also, but I didn't screenshot it).

At the time I figured the host must have the new test patch 20 installed and it had compatibility issues, so I quickly installed it and I was able to connect perfectly ok. Now I was previously using test patch 19, and the server and most of the people in it were not using any test patches at all. I'd never had a problem like this before, even with test patch 19, so I'm at a loss as to why this happened. I know it's not a TP20 problem, as it seems to work now, but it does seem a bit of a worry and you might want to know about it for future patches...

so in brief - patch 19 had a (once off) incorrect version error when joining a standard S2U server, patch 20 fixed the problem.

Anyone else have this problem before?
Quote from Burnzoire :...

im not exactly sure on this as i havent been around for the last 2 weeks but from what ive gathered there was a cheat enabling you to go very fast in 18 and 19 which was fixed in 20 and the exploitable versions got blocked
Quote from Shotglass :im not exactly sure on this as i havent been around for the last 2 weeks but from what ive gathered there was a cheat enabling you to go very fast in 18 and 19 which was fixed in 20 and the exploitable versions got blocked

ah that makes sense, thanks shotglass
Instead of filling up the Test Patch thread:
If this has been a problem since patch U for everyone, why not start a thread in the Technical Assistance forum listing all the specs of machines that have the problem (windows ver, GPU, driver versions) and then maybe a pattern will emerge...? Especially since patch U was an official one.

All this repeating generalities ("I have a problem maybe since", "maybe there is a problem with", "perhaps this new patch maybe just might possibly cause a problem") is making it very hard for people to follow this thread and see what has been mentioned and what hasn't been mentioned in relevance to the Test Patch, let alone Scawen.

There is no easy way to debug random user notions and hunches - there has to be a predictable way to reproduce an error and there must be a specific error/problem, otherwise it's just (frustrating) guesswork.
i agree

dont post problems that happened on test patches as well as official U patch
just post problems that only happened on test patches and not on the U patch. and describe how to reproduce it so other people can confirm it is really a testpatch problem
Quote from trackah123 :dont post problems that happened on test patches

Quote from trackah123 : just post problems that only happened on test patches

Eughhh??? :doh:

Well I think we have a large U-patch 'epidemic' here. If Scawen doesn't mind, we might need to have a seperate thread regarding low framerates and poor performance. This mostly applies to U, because I have only had poor performance in U from the beginning. And a test-patch would be a step forward to fix this. So I am sure it is in the right place if multiple people come and report problems with it
Quote from Tweaker :Eughhh??? :doh:

Actually - it makes sense if you quote the whole thing:

Quote :dont post problems that happened on test patches as well as official U patch

just post problems that only happened on test patches and not on the U patch

Which is my point as well - if the problems have been around since the official patch U, why isn't there a thread documenting this in the bugs forum or tech assistance forum? Or why wasn't it mentioned when the previous test patch was being developed which led to patch U?

The official patch was released in April, it's August now and Scawen's well in to patch U20...

The proper way to report an issue should always have either a definite way to reproduce or point out a certain combination of factors (specific drivers, system settings, system specs etc) that makes it happen otherwise it's pointless to just mention what it feels like. There has to be one sort of a pattern or another in order to find a bug.

( this message isn't personally directed to you Tweaker )
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG