The online racing simulator
Thanks for the patch, just a small bug though (not sure if it's fixed in this version - haven't tried it) the 'stoppers' for the accelerator and brake bars aren't there in spectate mode. Its there for the clutch bar but not the other two.
#27 - ste_
Quote from Bob Smith :Is it just me, or does LFS now try to access the internet as soon as it loads, instead of just when you try to go online? IIRC I read Scawen saying he hated programs that access the net for no reason, so, err, what's changed?

Quote from Scawen :No.... nothing.

I see this too Bob. In previous patches, when I updated the files my firewall would indicate that the lfs.exe had changed and was trying to access the internet only when I looked for online games.

With the U12 patch however, as soon as I double-clicked the lfs.exe my firewall prompted me.

Sorry Scawen, but it appears something has changed in this respect!

edit: I use sygate personal firewall 5.6.2808 if it matters.
Quote from ste_ :I see this too Bob. In previous patches, when I updated the files my firewall would indicate that the lfs.exe had changed and was trying to access the internet only when I looked for online games.

With the U12 patch however, as soon as I double-clicked the lfs.exe my firewall prompted me.

Sorry Scawen, but something has changed in this respect!

Doesn't happen for me
#29 - SamH
Quote from Leifde :Thanks for the patch, just a small bug though (not sure if it's fixed in this version - haven't tried it) the 'stoppers' for the accelerator and brake bars aren't there in spectate mode. Its there for the clutch bar but not the other two.

I don't think you should be posting bugs about a test patch that's been and gone. Your post, and mine, I think should be removed. Download the new patch, test THAT, and post if the problem persists. Anything else is contrary to the new process insisted upon.
Quote from Scawen :Please can someone else tell me if their joystick or game pad is reported as a joystick or gamepad. Only one reply per controller type will do.

I have DFP and it is correctly reported as DFP with second line "Steering wheel", when I plug in my joystick I'm using as shifter, LFS reports text "2 controllers detected".
When I plug in _only_ my joystick, it is reported with its name and there is second line "Steering wheel".
Quote from Scawen :Please can someone else tell me if their joystick or game pad is reported as a joystick or gamepad. Only one reply per controller type will do.

Mine tells me its a Cyborg Force Rumble Pad, which it is, but underneath it says Steering Wheel, which it isnt, its a joypad.
Quote from Horci :I found something. Maybe a bug, but i can't post it, because, the other thread was closed (for some reason )
I read it, and this too, but I didin't found my problem.

So, when you in spectate mode, go to garage, change something in the setup, and then click to join, the set isn't saved, just only the fuel amount.
But if you choose spectate, it saves the changes.

And of course thanks for the patch ! I like the new speedo, it works just like in the real life. (as far as i can remember, my cars speedo didnt measure in reverse )

I've got the same problem.
Without my wheel plugged in, LFS picks up my Nostromo n52 Speedpad and reports it as "steering wheel". It's a keyboard, essentially (but does have a digital D-pad which appears to have two axes).
Add AI Error
I was starting up a Single Player game and when clicking on the "add AI player" LFS reports that A Race is in Progress (see screenshot).
Attached images
U12_AddAIError.JPG
Quote from Shotglass :shouldnt the xrr fxr and fzr scripts default to sequential.lfs ? currently they rund road.lfs which i assume is the h-shifter script

No decisions have yet been taken about which GTR cars will get a sequential shifter. And we won't discuss it here, it's already been discussed enough for us devs to make our minds up.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :The script system can be used for spamming if somebody makes a script like this:
/say SPAM1SPAM1SPAM1
/say SPAM2SPMA2SPAM2
/say SPAM3SPMA3SPAM3
/say ....

and then binds it to a button. IMHO this should be filtered somehow.

Have you actually tried that online or is that just a theory? I would be extremely surprised if that can bypass the existing spam prevention.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :I cannot find a command (if there is one then sorry) to set wheel rotation, but I think it would be useful.

Why? Wheel rotation is a fixed property of your wheel. I don't see any reason why it needs to be changed with a function.
Quote from Scawen :Have you actually tried that online or is that just a theory? I would be extremely surprised if that can bypass the existing spam prevention.
Why? Wheel rotation is a fixed property of your wheel. I don't see any reason why it needs to be changed with a function.

I've tried it online several times, and I can easily send 7 messages at the same time.
Sorry, I didn't mention that I have a DFP and I set the wheel rotation to correspond the car's wheel rotation, so that's why I would be happy If we could set it from script.
Thanks for the reports. I have found the bug in my code, where it set all controllers to "wheel", just after detecting the actual controller type. I'll add this as a known issue.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :I didn't mention that I have a DFP and I set the wheel rotation to correspond the car's wheel rotation, so that's why I would be happy If we could set it from script.

You can set it to 900º and LFS then adjusts it to each car wheel rotation
Quote from Eldanor :You can set it to 900º and LFS then adjusts it to each car wheel rotation

Yes that is one way.

But... maybe NZ HUN wants to have the wheel stoppers at the limit, so he adjusts it on the DFP itself, and also in the LFS screen to match? In which case the request is so that he only has to adjust it on the DFP, and not in LFS each time?

Is that right, NZ HUN ? I'm just trying to get a picture of how the problem is and what the fix would solve.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :I've tried it online several times, and I can easily send 7 messages at the same time.

Thanks. Indeed it bypasses the spam protection. I won't add this to known issues as I don't want to give this one extra publicity.
Quote from Horci :So, when you in spectate mode, go to garage, change something in the setup, and then click to join, the set isn't saved, just only the fuel amount.
But if you choose spectate, it saves the changes.

Thank you. Now fixed in my version. I've added it to the list of known issues.
Quote from Zero7 :I was starting up a Single Player game and when clicking on the "add AI player" LFS reports that A Race is in Progress (see screenshot).

Thanks but... do you know a way to reproduce the bug? I think it is rare (and not new) and if I don't know how to make it happen, I can't fix it. We need a way to make it happen every time, then I'll be able to fix it.
Quote from ste_ :I see this too Bob. In previous patches, when I updated the files my firewall would indicate that the lfs.exe had changed and was trying to access the internet only when I looked for online games.

Sorry Scawen, but it appears something has changed in this respect!

edit: I use sygate personal firewall 5.6.2808 if it matters.

I promise you, this is not an LFS issue. Every now and then this type of bug comes up and the user is always certain that LFS has changed in some way. Usually after a lot of investigation, the user finds the cause and it's absolutely nothing to do with LFS.

And yes, it's always "LFS has not done this before, it's only this patch so it must be LFS" etc, etc. I'm sorry but I don't know where the previous threads are on this subject.
Quote from Leifde :Thanks for the patch, just a small bug though (not sure if it's fixed in this version - haven't tried it) the 'stoppers' for the accelerator and brake bars aren't there in spectate mode. Its there for the clutch bar but not the other two.

OK, fixed in my version, and now added to the list of known U12 issues.
#46 - axus
This will probably be unjustifiably difficult to code for how much it will be used but if it is not, could we maybe have if statements in scripts combined with a few boolean variables, a few numeric variables and < and > operators...
scawen, do u add the function descriptions (posting 2) in the readme too, or maybe in the "docs" folder, when the patch is finished?
think this might be neccesary!
Bug (either just on my system, or no-one else has spotted it yet): All of the config buttons for Aston load as3.

EDIT: eep, Primoz spotted it above, sorry.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks but... do you know a way to reproduce the bug? I think it is rare (and not new) and if I don't know how to make it happen, I can't fix it. We need a way to make it happen every time, then I'll be able to fix it.

Yes, I was thinking this after posting and tried to reproduce it again without success. I'll keep trying and will post back if I find a way to reliably get the same result.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG