The online racing simulator
C'mon Kid, seriously
Being that this is Test Patch U15 and not Big-Ass Killa Wikkid Patch V , little "random flower"-type things such as clock changes are to be expected - and btw noone's forcing you to use any of the new features.

Major Things like AI improvement can, imho, wait until the next major patch, and for all I know they're being addressed - doesn't stop the guys from throwing in other stuff they think people might appreciate Have fun wherever you go to recharge :up:
Quote from KiDCoDEa :all the best for the next weeks, im gonna recharge my batteries somewhere else.

I get like this too, sometimes over work projects and things that command my attention for a loooooong time

See ya in a few weeks.. enjoy.. feel good.. use sun cream!
Quote from Burnzoire :show some support for crying out loud.

The irony is striking so hard it hurts.
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers! Here is a new Test Patch U15!
Restricted areas and route checkers added to autocross

Finally!!!
Thank you Scawen! I've been waiting for this for a long long long while

I would like to repost my suggestion of being able to navigate through the F9-10-11-12 menus using mouse for wheel users.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :this sim is losing focus. this sim needs a vision, not cluttering temporary screens with clocks in several formats ffs.

visions need to be respected and shared. all i see lately is random flowers. not preety.

what makes utc more important than the ai pitting is what makes lfs small and not grand.

all the best for the next weeks, im gonna recharge my batteries somewhere else.

Well... adding a clock took 5 minutes. You should not compare that with working on the AI which will take several weeks. Part of the AI improvements can go in a compatible patch, but not, by the way, the pitting, which will require new track updates as well.

This is an international sim and main people are involved in league racing and they must be organised using a time format that is consistent between countries, and that is why I agreed to the small request to display the UTC time on the game setup screen.
Quote from Andreas Grauel :Just one thing!
For what do we need a better AI? It just takes Scawen time to improve the Physics and isnt it an online game? I'd appreciate it if the AI would be done on the last step before S2 Full if it is really needed cause most people wont need it.

sorry but how you can speak for most people? There is a demand for better AI and from what i understand AI is being left for one the last thing to be done so i dont see the problem.

I have to send out a big thanks to Scawen and Victor for the autox improvements. Hopefully we will see more autox around.
Quote from Andreas Grauel :Just one thing!
For what do we need a better AI? It just takes Scawen time to improve the Physics and isnt it an online game? I'd appreciate it if the AI would be done on the last step before S2 Full if it is really needed cause most people wont need it.

Because IF you're going to have an offline mode in a multiplayer it should be as good as possible or people will get the wrong impression of the game. Make it as good as possible or don't make it at all. We can't just keep pushing the AI further down the schedule, because it's been completely unchanged since S1 if I'm correct.

A better AI would be able to give better training to newbies (for instance the overtaking lessons). If the AI would be a lot better I would use them to practice new combo's before jumping online. Right now that's just not of any use because of the AI's behaviour. Also, I could see more possibilities for the AI in the future. Maybe they could act as pacecars for instance.

So yes, it is needed.
Quote from Andreas Grauel :I only said put it at the end of the list for the S2 Full Release.
I didnt say to left it out at all just be cool guys

Do you honestly think that S2 Final is that far away? Most things feel very close to complete right now and I'd be very surprised if the Beta period is long - LFS is quite bug-free.
Guys this is not the place to discuss the timing or merits of the improvements of AI drivers, or your guesses at when S2 will be completed. This is a test patch thread to report issues with the test patch, and that's all. The more you discuss off topic, the more time I have to spend cleaning up the thread.
vista
Still waiting fix for a sound lag[Windows Vista]. It's not quite good to play with 0.35sec sound lag...
Hi Prits. We have established that the fix for that must come from Microsoft. It is a very bad bug in Vista and you should report it as a problem to Microsoft.

There is a small test program in this post, which proves that it's a Vista bug and not a LFS bug :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=168934#post168934

The explanation is in the readme in that zip file, and the test exe. In your report to Microsoft, you should give them the link to that zip file, or attach that zip file to your bug report submission.
Still waiting microsoft to respond to the bug report and to fix it.

You are using a beta (not finished/released/incomplete/buggy (well more than a normal windows os)) operating system, which itshelf has a bug. You're barking at the wrong tree.

ed. oops too slow... =)
This isnt really a bug but something a little annoying. I dont use the quick start feature as i do a bit of offline autox but when i want to play online i use LFS Manager to connect straight to a server when LFS starts. However LFS will load a track when it starts then if the server has a different track it will have to load that instead. So im asking if LFS sees that it is going to join a server when it starts could it switch into quick start temporarily? Or even query the server for the track its using and load that at startup?

Im probably just nit picking but those 30 seconds saved could be vital!
eh
oops, looks like i got owned
Ok, well lets hope for a better future and maybe comes a sound patch/update for a Vista.

Ok thanks for an information.
About Vista : I have written to a contact at Microsoft. He's not in the right department but he may be able to put me in contact with the right people. I'll let you know if we make any progress. You are right to make customer reports about the issue, and also I must try from the developer direction as well.
As the "known issues" part in your original post is still empty, I'll repost these:
  1. With patch U15, the server list only displays U15 hosts (alteast it was like this yesterday evening)
  2. The input of the German decimal point ',' is not interpreted as such anymore (in the right-click value entry dialogs). IF you have bound this behaviour to a certain language setting, please make it global again as I think any German translation of an English software is ridiculous and thus I only use English settings wherever possible Or you could also simply read the decimal point settings from windows.
1) No it doesn't - it's fine. Sometimes I forget to add a new patch to the master server, and that was the case for about half an hour yesterday.

2) That is already reported in this thread, so don't worry, no need to report it again. The reason I continually clean up the thread, is because I am using it as a reference, and re-reading it before each patch, doing what I can until I just need a break and need to release the patch. All comments that already exist on this thread, do not need to be said a second time, unless there is more info to be added.
Quote from AndroidXP :As the "known issues" part in your original post is still empty, I'll repost these:
  1. With patch U15, the server list only displays U15 hosts (alteast it was like this yesterday evening)
  2. The input of the German decimal point ',' is not interpreted as such anymore (in the right-click value entry dialogs). IF you have bound this behaviour to a certain language setting, please make it global again as I think any German translation of an English software is ridiculous and thus I only use English settings wherever possible Or you could also simply read the decimal point settings from windows.

Do you guys dont get, that Scawen nealy everytime forgets to update the master server?
He updated it yesterday so you will see all compatible versions now
LOL - he's right!
Thanks Scawen!

To my shame I just noticed you answered point #1 already before that. I'll just blame it on the "view new posts" feature :ashamed:

As i thought you didn't reply to the first point before, I assumed you overlooked it or something, so I just wanted to be sure it doesn't go unnoticed. Also point #2 was reported before U15 was released, and as U15 didn't contain the fix, the same thought process as above applied here too, hence the double report
scawen
Sorry for OT, but Scawen: "Hi Prits. We have established" - looks like you need to go outside and rest your eyes
Hahaha you are right!

I am taking it a bit easier for a few days, just gotta do another function someone's waiting for...
Quote from Scawen :Hahaha you are right!

I am taking it a bit easier for a few days, just gotta do another function someone's waiting for...

how about something like per car force feedback setting

example: Fwd with 15 %
Rwd 7 to 10 %
BF1 20%
every car i have diferent setting, i am tired that i must change it every time i change car

:-) sorry for engrish :-)
You can already do that with the new script system. Please read the first post thoroughly
Yes Magorik.

You can add a line ff=80 (or whatever number) into the CAR.lfs scripts in the data\scripts folder.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG