The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :I have reproduced this and fixed it in my version (and added to known issues).

If you need the command, /spec does work though. But... that doesn't work if you are connected to a dedicated host. Anyway it's all fixed in the next update.

very nice hope you have some fun on autox beside your dev stuff with victor
Quote from 510N3D :very nice hope you have some fun on autox beside your dev stuff with victor

Maybe they are just building "tracks" like this one.
Attached images
s2f_ed.jpg
Uh... how did you do that? Is that a mod?

Edit : OK I just noticed the name... it is a mod then.
Kegetys has many interesting screenies in his junk folder
-
(Lible) DELETED by Lible
So that's how devs put objects on tracks... Or do they do tracks like that? Wouldn't mind getting a mod like that from "underground" .
hmm, i don't get car sounds nomore, just music playing,
off-topic: (maybe for the "junk-folder") lol

what about this one? Nothing is impossible
Attached images
weeee.jpg
digital pedals...
hope i'm posting in the right place now

as work is being done to the controls system/saving, i thought i would make a request for improvement in digital control of accelerator, brake and clutch:
would be great to have three separate sections of "control rate" for these pedals. even better - each of those "sections" having two values: "rise rate" and "fall rate" (such thing is well implemented in RBR for example which let me drive competitively even with kb there)
if that can be done, it'd make mousers' (me being one of them) life a lot easier as taptaptaping mouse buttons for entire race doesn't help to be smooth and consistent

Good to know that LFS is improving all the time and tnx for your work ScaViEr
MarioX : I won't be working on mouse and keyboard support. They are just there for people to be able to try LFS before they get equipped. We have worked on them a lot in the past and I will definitely not be adding options, button control rates and that kind of thing now. I have a massive list of things to do that are much more important than that. You really need to buy a suitable controller if you have a problem with digital pedals. That is of course what an analogue controller is for - to solve the problem that a keyboard and mouse are not suitable for controlling a game and specially a simulator. Obviously a force feedback wheel is the way to go but if there isn't space at your desk then you need an analogue gamepad.
Another thing would be using some sort of controller software, that can simulate keypresses. You could assign some keys on your keyboard that simulate a keypress X times in a second. Im not sure if its possible to bind this alias to a keyboard or mouse button, though (I guess only wheel buttons).
If you have a more advanced mouse, you could take a look at it's driver settings / utilities as well.

Or take a look at the LFS script system (Im not sure if it's possible to change the trottle, though.)
Quote from Dredd :hmm, i don't get car sounds nomore, just music playing,

Are you using Windows Vista?

That is a known problem with Windows Vista Beta. At the moment, it is basically impossible to use LFS with Windows Vista and there is no workaround, other than having very lagged sound (one third of a second before hearing any sound - increase "Sound Lag" in Misc Options). This is not a bug in LFS. It appears to be a severe problem with Windows Vista, that effectively rules out the possibility of live sound generation.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=168815#post168815
scawen is it possible for next patch to add a command (for script clientside) to reset network connection (serverside and maybe even clientside) to get rid of the "invisible car" problem? on some servers this is too frequent...
thanks.
Quote from Honey :scawen is it possible for next patch to add a command (for script clientside) to reset network connection (serverside and maybe even clientside) to get rid of the "invisible car" problem? on some servers this is too frequent...
thanks.

I highly doubt that will be network compatible or that it will solve your problems... if so many people run LFS and say it has the best net code and don't experience this you should look into it being a problem on your side/your ISP's side.

Or are you refering to cars becoming invisible and showing "LAG 3.85s" or something like that? That's most certainly not fixable because that is, oddly enough, because of lag. Try requesting TCP/IP packets for position updates (its shift+something - you'll find it down the right hand side in options -> controls).
As for the sound, Scawen, can you add Z co-ordinate to calculation of engine's doppler effect? Because now it sounds abnormal: you fly in Shift+U 30 metres above the ground, but the sound is like you are at the same level with cars passign by.
good one detail :up: :up:
Quote from axus :I highly doubt that will be network compatible or that it will solve your problems... if so many people run LFS and say it has the best net code and don't experience this you should look into it being a problem on your side/your ISP's side.

Or are you refering to cars becoming invisible and showing "LAG 3.85s" or something like that? That's most certainly not fixable because that is, oddly enough, because of lag. Try requesting TCP/IP packets for position updates (its shift+something - you'll find it down the right hand side in options -> controls).

lfs has a very good net code or "the best" as you prefer...but this does not mean it is flawless, i do not want to go again into this discussion, because i go very upset when people do not want to hear, if you prefer "it's my problem"...btw mine or not i simply asked a feature request that will solve this problem despite of where it resides...the feautere i requested will solve the problem since disconnecting from a server and reconnecting fixes it...for a smart guy this is quite enough to understand it is an lfs bug and not an isp bug, btw whether it's lfs or any isp, such feature will make lfs more robust and that will avoid childish people like me who have a crappy isp, to blame lfs for anything.
btw the shift + ??? didn't worked.
this bug is more common that you may think, it's only that people don't figure out, i found out that some chat fights about "you wrecker!!! etc." were actually because one guy was "invisible", till now i haven't succeed to convince people to report it as bug (only one did), but i know that one day it will be admitted as lfs bug, or it will be magically fixed...

sorry if i was too rude, you didn't deserved this, but i didn't expect/want to make a discussin in this thread, only a request...it's just that whenever i posted a problem (only 2 times i think), people came out saying "oh, it's only you...no problem here! it must be your pc!", you know...people that act as they know everything (especially about you) and you know nothing...that's why i do not want to start a discussion, i already said what i wanted in the past and for me once it's enough for people who do want to hear.
apologies for my attitude
If I may make a hopefully small, compatible request, would it be possible to have a private server option to control access with a whitelist instead of a password? Basically a text file of LFS account names that the server checks before allowing someone to join. It could make league management smoother as well as preventing password leaks.
Hi,

I know since patch U13(?) it's now possible to watch spr or mpr replay files by just clicking them directly from the browser. Well there are threads of the kind 'was it my fault or his...' or similar ones where it could be handy to watch a certain replay several times over and over again, in different views for instance.

Is there a key defined for the replay to restart without having to end LFS everytime you want to look at the replay again?

thanks for the improvement patches btw! :up:
Quote from rediske :Hi,

I know since patch U13(?) it's now possible to watch spr or mpr replay files by just clicking them directly from the browser. Well there are threads of the kind 'was it my fault or his...' or similar ones where it could be handy to watch a certain replay several times over and over again, in different views for instance.

Is there a key defined for the replay to restart without having to end LFS everytime you want to look at the replay again?

thanks for the improvement patches btw! :up:

Shift+R does that I believe.
loop has already been requested.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :loop has already been requested.

could you please point me to that discussion?
thanks!
aaahhh... thanks for replying so quickly! :grouphug:
Car Selection Menu woes
Looked through all the posts i could and found no reference to this 'bug'

Since Patch U14, I find if I want to have a full field of AI cars clothed in my custom skin for the BF1 ONLY (offline) racing, the first 4 cars will not accept my custom skin but use one of the other skins I have available instead.

To summarise the procedure, I have AI set to use player colours and Settings.

I go to the main selection screen (makes no diff what track I try) select track I wish to use and then go to garage select BF1 (BMW Sauber) car and then select my custon skin to use, this appears on car in garage successfully.

I then try to add this car/colour combo to race grid but always first four cars assume colours different to selected combination in garage.

Always the same first four cars are affected, no matter what order i shuffle them, that is numbers 1 to 4 in the list, the other eight display fine etc. It makes no difference if this is done after racing other cars or if it is the first selection when starting LFS. It ONLY happens with this car all others accept my custom skins ok and add all cars clothed in that skin

To explain with greater clarity I have used fraps to record the process as a video.

Scawen, if you need this video, it is available here 4 mb rar file
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG