The online racing simulator
Quote from franky500 :the Redline racing uses a chinese character for the actual R at the beginning.

^1^JÉÏ^0edline ^1^JÉÏ^0acing ^3S2

^1^JÉÏ^0edline ^1^JÉÏ^0acing

There the 2 redline racings i host but when they tried to have it as the same name LFS Would not allow it and one would never show. So simply added the S2. no extra spaces or anything. strange

Hi. I'm just repeating myself in case you missed my post. The S2 host's name is too long, by two characters, and that's why the characters "S2" are missing, and there is a trailing space, so causing the bug Wabs reported.

All you need to do to fix it (and this will allow the join program to work) is remove the ^J in the middle of the string. Leave the first ^J, that's ok. the second one is not needed because you are already in the Japanese code page, for the first word.
Quote from Scawen :Yes, this is for a reset function I've coded but can't include yet because it's incompatible. In the next incompatible version, the host can select /canreset=no [that is the default setting] or /canreset=yes. If resetting is allowed then it is basically an arcade option (literally, this is for people who want to run LFS in an arcade or at a show, and don't want first time users stuck in the sand at every corner before they learn where the brake pedal is). It also fixes damage and takes the user out of a sand trap or long grass. This can cause intersecting car issues so I've coded up that safety system.

So... yes, that message means you have pressed reset and the game will not allow you to because you will hit another car / your position would cause a yellow flag for someone else, etc...

coOL...
so i can prepare my tools for that hehe
What does this line in Commands.txt mean?
/reducehalf X :speed in m/s for half of reduction

Defines at which speed in m/s the steer reduction set up with /speedreduce works at 50%. This setting is only used for keyboard steering, where you need less quick steering at higher speeds.

Example:
/speedrecude 0.8 (80%)
/reducehalf 30

This would result in a 40% steering sensitivity reduction at the speed of 108km/h respectively 70mph.
/names :toggle display between player and user names

I've tried to make a host and see it working, but have seen nothing. What is it?
Quote from detail :

I've tried to make a host and see it working, but have seen nothing. What is it?

Maybe LFS shows either the usernames or LFS names as default based on this option...? (as you can see the LFS name by pressing shift+ctrl now and the username is the default atm.)
Ok, here is commands_estonian, are you going to do a text for all these functions (you're second post) or are you going to put these too in commands, when official patch is released?
Attached files
Commands_eesti.txt - 12.9 KB - 349 views
Quote from detail :

It's really for dedicated hosts, because by default it has a list of player names, but you can use the /names command to see a list of connected user names instead.
Quote from Lible :Ok, here is commands_estonian, are you going to do a text for all these functions (you're second post) or are you going to put these too in commands, when official patch is released?

Good question. I guess they should be in the commands file, because they are parameters for commands. I'll add that to my notes, and I will make a note in the list of patch updates when I release it.
Quote from St4Lk3R :Hi frokki,

It was fixed, so you now C A N in fact use the comma as decimal point again!

Crazy frokki strikes again! illepall
Honestly, I seem to have serious problems with reading and understanding (i think it's mostly with english )
NOTE : I've done a little cleaning up :

- Moved track selection requests to the correct spinoff thread. Yes I am working on the track select screen.
- Moved off topic requests unrelated to this test patch (indicators, etc) to off topic requests thread.
- Moved some posts we've dealt with to the cleanup thread.
I found a stupid mistake: In the marshall mode point left actually points right and point right actually points left. Not a hard thing to fix.
actually the marshall IS pointing in the direction it says. just use the marshals point of view and not yours
Maybe there could be a simple switch in LFS that detects the viewing point and then the marshals are placed accordingly (ie. pointing at the right direction)? (haven't tried the U16 so this may be complete bs from me
edit: this post already exists...
-------------------
is it possible to include different kind of sortings at the server-list page?
so user can actually sort not only by ping, but by name, track, players e.g.?

thx
--------------------
I'm not sure if this is only happening with the U test patches, but it thinks that BL1R is rallycross (I.E. "Warning: Road tyres on rallycross track"). This happens every time.
Quote from Scawen :Hi. I'm just repeating myself in case you missed my post. The S2 host's name is too long, by two characters, and that's why the characters "S2" are missing, and there is a trailing space, so causing the bug Wabs reported.

All you need to do to fix it (and this will allow the join program to work) is remove the ^J in the middle of the string. Leave the first ^J, that's ok. the second one is not needed because you are already in the Japanese code page, for the first word.

Cheers. ill do that and restart that server ASAP.. just been a bit busy last few days to actually read too much of the forums.
Scawen your work on autocross it be very appreciate, great job
Your router checkpoint is a great adding.
Any possibiliies in future we can pit to change tyres and refueling on autocross ?
Autocross is more used by drifters and they need changes often theyr tyres .
Actualy dues no possibility to change tyres we can race only short layouts races like 5/6 laps...its more fun if we can races more longer with pit requiered.
Please Scawen
Considering the new autocross structure wouldnt have time or space for pitting, I wouldnt see that as an option, I just hope now that the Autocross feature is more prominant in the game we'll get some better layouts, or even some base ones from the devs...
Quote from Wordan :It is difficult to tell who's car you are spectating when the race is over. Sometimes the name would turn yellow in the results list, and sometimes it doesn't. It would be nice to add the drivers name somewhere so it's a bit more consistant, don't know where though

There should be a small white triangle beside the name of the driver you are viewing.
Done some more cleaning up. Some things I've dealt with in my version, so removed the posts now. And the updated translated documents, I've got those so deleted those posts.
Quote from gwendoline :Scawen your work on autocross it be very appreciate, great job
Your router checkpoint is a great adding.
Any possibiliies in future we can pit to change tyres and refueling on autocross ?
Autocross is more used by drifters and they need changes often theyr tyres .
Actualy dues no possibility to change tyres we can race only short layouts races like 5/6 laps...its more fun if we can races more longer with pit requiered.
Please Scawen

maybe there could be some drift tyres with a harder compound so that they are not usable in normal racing but keep working for longer. i'm sure that would make the drifters happy.
Quote from Scawen :There should be a small white triangle beside the name of the driver you are viewing.

Reread Wordan's post.

He means an indicator which car you are viewing when the results list is on screen. Names without colours get green when viewing the corresponding car, but if you are watching at someone with a coloured name you don't know who you are lookin at (remember, result list on screen).
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG