The online racing simulator
Quote from detail :I hate camera rolling, especially in motion. If a picture is poor when straight, rolling adds nothing.

I couldn't disagree with you more.
Attached images
LFS-2006-07-29-00-39-25-42.jpg
Roll feauture? LFS is one step closer to being a screenshot generator!
Quote from wheel4hummer :Roll feauture? LFS is one step closer to being a screenshot generator!

LMAO! Shhh! It's good for LFS.. it makes it easier to communicate the drama and motion of a race that otherwise is really difficult to achieve with a deadpan camera.
Quote from detail :I hate camera rolling, especially in motion. If a picture is poor when straight, rolling adds nothing.

adds nothing, but looks good!
Best developer ever!
Wow! Thank's Scawen. You are the best!

PS.: I post the brazilian docs in Language packs.
woot!! well done scawen! love the patch!!
Quote from Matrixi :...but would it be possible to have a button that locks a shift+u camera in to a car? I mean you go in to shift+u, move the camera (freelook) somewhere on the track, click a button which makes the camera focus on the closest car for example?...

There is a "Follow car" button down at the bottom left of the screen in SHIFT+U mode.
Quote from duke_toaster :I can only think of one thing. The reverse whilst hotlapping only takes effect when top speed (in reverse) is reached. Is this a bug or a feature? Either way, it stops another exploit.

It comes on if you go back five path nodes (about one second of driving if you were at racing speed). This allows slight rolling back off the start line without invalidating your hotlap.
Quote from Scawen :There is a "Follow car" button down at the bottom left of the screen in SHIFT+U mode.

i think he means making shift u behave like a tv cam ... fixed position fllowing the movements of one car
Quote from duke_toaster :I'm not sure if this is only happening with the U test patches, but it thinks that BL1R is rallycross (I.E. "Warning: Road tyres on rallycross track"). This happens every time.

It doesn't happen to me. Does anyone else know how to reproduce that bug?
That's why I like this game. Constant development all the time. Scawen reads what the users want and (if it is possible) implement it. I can't see this mentality in other games. Nice job....
#412 - Don
Quote from Scawen :
It doesn't happen to me. Does anyone else know how to reproduce that bug?

i think it happends only in HOTLAP mode...iirc it happends also on WE1R
Quote from Don :i think it happends only in HOTLAP mode...iirc it happends also on WE1R

I still don't get it, even in hotlapping mode, and if i choose a road car or a race car.
outgauge still shows fuel (momoleds saying other cars are low when i view them)
#416 - Don
Quote from Scawen :I still don't get it, even in hotlapping mode, and if i choose a road car or a race car.

hmm now i get it even in SINGLE PLAYER - i choose Westhill reversed, go to garage, choose any car (with road tyres) and when i click ok, it says "warning - road tyres on rallycross track"
Quote from Jakg :outgauge still shows fuel (momoleds saying other cars are low when i view them)

...yup, while watching other cars, outgauge.fuel is reporting their amount of fuel (take a look at red pointer). Outgauge .display1 is '' as it should be, but Outgauge.fuel isn't 0. If someone is using an outgauge tool, he has an advantage.

I really like the new track selection screen and the improved server list. Really nice work! Thx!

Ciao
Veiti
Attached images
Zwischenablage4.jpg
Quote from Veiti :...yup, while watching other cars, outgauge.fuel is reporting their amount of fuel (take a look at red pointer). Outgauge .display1 is '' as it should be. Is someone is using an outgauge tool, he has an advantage.

OMG! wha is that from? i want the program sooo badly!
Quote from Scawen :It happens if you are out of memory on the card. It would come up when you try to draw a shadow, having not drawn one for a while.

If you are using excessively large skies (e.g. 4096x4096 provide by Don - then that is probably the cause. You should never use a sky larger than 2048x2048, even if your graphics card has a lot of memory). The skies do not use compressed textures.

Nah this is just a fresh copy of LFS + U17. I'll try some graphics card options or something.
Quote from Scawen :There is a "Follow car" button down at the bottom left of the screen in SHIFT+U mode.

Yup I know, I explained badly. I meant I don't want the camera to follow the car itself, just to track it like a stationary TV-camera that can be positioned manually.
Quote from Don :hmm now i get it even in SINGLE PLAYER - i choose Westhill reversed, go to garage, choose any car (with road tyres) and when i click ok, it says "warning - road tyres on rallycross track"

OK... I think I have the answer. More than 30% of your racing line rubber is on the dirt!

If that's true, then it should be fixed if you delete the file WE1R.trs

And duke_toaster, you will need to delete BL1R.trs

Let me know if that fixes the problem. I don't know how it would have got like that - maybe you use AI drivers a lot and they spent a lot of time off the road, so putting the "track rubber" centre onto the grass / dirt / gravel instead of the road.
#422 - Don
Quote from Scawen :OK... I think I have the answer. More than 30% of your racing line rubber is on the dirt!
If that's true, then it should be fixed if you delete the file WE1R.trs

yeah that fixed it. guess i should try driving on tarmac more

oh and btw, i like the Matrixi`s suggestion about SHIFT U cam "tracking" the closest car (like you have follow car * YES/NO, there could be track car * YES/NO
hi,

when i'm on the autocross track, i dont have a little map
what did i do wrong? i have the map on other tracks but not on autocross
olso, wich prolly will never happen can u make the fxo with a no roof option like with lx4/6?

ty
Could there be an option to have the Shift-U following-camera slave to the car's (changing) heading, so we can emulate in-car cams fixed to the rollcage for example?
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG