The online racing simulator
Quote from Breizh :Could there be an option to have the Shift-U following-camera slave to the car's (changing) heading, so we can emulate in-car cams fixed to the rollcage for example?

How would that be different from a normal "custom view" ?

Options... View... Custom -> draw style "external" then move the position where you want it.
#427 - Don
Quote from kiss me :hi,

when i'm on the autocross track, i dont have a little map
what did i do wrong? i have the map on other tracks but not on autocross
olso, wich prolly will never happen can u make the fxo with a no roof option like with lx4/6?

ty

i think you should read the rules of posting into this section.

the autocross map was removed because it was just rectangle/square.

Quote from breizh :
Could there be an option to have the Shift-U following-camera slave to the car's (changing) heading, so we can emulate in-car cams fixed to the rollcage for example?

im not sure i understood what you exactly mean, but if you mean custom onboard cameras, you can do them:
change to "wheels view", esc->option->view and there you can move the camera using sliders.
The new pit messages (damage to...) isn't translated to dutch. It says damage to (in english) and then it continues the text in dutch. You probably know this, but just so you don't miss it or something. Sorry if you already knew, or it's like this in any other language.
Quote from sgt.flippy :The new pit messages (damage to...) isn't translated to dutch. It says damage to (in english) and then it continues the text in dutch. You probably know this, but just so you don't miss it or something. Sorry if you already knew, or it's like this in any other language.

I have sent a notification email to the translation guys. So I guess most translations will be done for U19. There are about 76 new strings added since U.
Yes, but there's only one of those
I'm asking if you'd mind adding more of em.. I use the custom view to race, and those extra camera slots in the PressV-cycle would work like they do in other games.

edit: I checked and as I remembered, only Custom view can be edited. If you could add one or more other editable view(s), it'd be cool as I think more than a few would use it.
I understand if it's not feasible or not a priority at the moment, but keep it inmind, I think it's worth adding.
Breizh : Please read the first post before posting :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=162693#post162693

If you scroll down to the bottom, there is a section called "Already noted requests". I would be much happier if you don't repeat any requests that have already been made, I am trying very hard to *reduce* the post count on these test patch threads, so it can be kept readable.

This is not a thread for requests. In fact it is a thread to comment on issues / problems with the test patches.
@ Developer

I realy like this test patch update u are doing. Thanks
IMHO, when selecting REV track config, config name should be highlighted too.

EDIT
I Miss the thread, can be moved into track menu spin-off.
/admin=pass returns "unknown command"

This issue also in U15-17, haven't tried it in lower versions. If this command has changed or been disabled it needs to be reflected in the readme.

Can someone please try to reproduce this error?
Does it on my U18 too.
Done some cleaning up.

- Moved many posts that have been dealt with to the cleanup thread.
- Moved off topic requests to the off topic requests thread.

This is NOT a general LFS requests forum section!
This forum section is ONLY for reporting problems with the latest test patch!
A small one
Just a small one, nothing serious LFS sets 3 laps to 8 lane dragstrip, and you can drive it. It happens when you change to it from other config, only works at the first time you choose the track. Just trying to clear it some more. Exit LFS with BLGP for example, start again and select the 8 lane drag, voila, you have 3 laps selected. Is it the new track selection which causes this, or is this a old one?
Quote from Gunn :/admin=pass returns "unknown command"

This issue also in U15-17, haven't tried it in lower versions. If this command has changed or been disabled it needs to be reflected in the readme.

It hasn't changed or been disabled. It never existed. It's always been only a command line option, not a text command for use while running.

It's easy to add, but I don't know if there might be a problem with this - allowing admins to change the admin password? Could there be a reason why it hasn't been implemented? Better consider that before I add this powerful command.
Quote from Scawen :It hasn't changed or been disabled. It never existed. It's always been only a command line option, not a text command for use while running.

It's easy to add, but I don't know if there might be a problem with this - allowing admins to change the admin password? Could there be a reason why it hasn't been implemented? Better consider that before I add this powerful command.

Ok, np. I've used it often (pass changes with text box) so I when I found it not working I reported it here.
Quote from Gunn :Ok, np. I've used it often (pass changes with text box) so I when I found it not working I reported it here.

Well there was always a /pass command for the text box, but apparently not the /admin (unless I've somehow neatly deleted a block of code without noticing).

I don't mind adding a /admin command (workwise, it would take approximately 2 minutes) but I just need to know if it's really needed or wanted. It would mean that one "admin" can basically take over a host and shut out all other admins and the owner. Of course, admins should be trusted so that shouldn't happen.

But if admins are trusted, why would you need to change an admin password? Only if the admin password got leaked, I suppose? In that case, if we had a "change admin password" function, an unauthorised person who got the admin password could then take over the host and shut out all the real admins!

So that's why I have my doubts about implementing it and I guess that's why it was never there in the first place...
If you change the admin password by command line while on a server, wouldn't you be automatically locking yourself out of any further admin commands? Since the admin pass is then different from the one you used to enter the host, "nothing good shall come of this".
I don't think it is a big deal honestly and probably not worth implementing for the few times it would be useful. I was in the midst of attempting to change the admin pass to an older one on the assumption that some mates didn't know the new one yet and therefore couldn't join the server. Not a big need for it day to day. I pulled the command out of my memory (knowing that the /pass=pass command worked this way) and when I got the unknown command error I thought it might be an issue, but as it turns out it wasn't and isn't. Sorry for holding up the traffic.
A /lang=english command should be useful, so that an admin can change the server language setting
Well there is a way to change it, just exit from the host and edit cfg.txt - there is a line "Lang Deutsch" or whatever - change it to English. I can't really see why people would really need to change a dedicated host's language frequently? And there are very few cases when a host talks to the guest in its native language. Gone are the days when nearly every host you were on would keep saying "Falsche richtung".
Quote from Scawen :
FIX : Reverse driving in hotlapping mode now invalidates HLVC

It seems that this is a minor or small fix, but it is in fact not. I think if you leave this fix in the patch, you will need to make Patch V an incompatible one.

Why? Because many of the hotlappers, especially people using cars (MRT, ...) which tyres do not heat up quick enough, drive the whole lap backwards and forward again to heat up their tyres before the actual hotlap. They could have this advantage with all patches up to U16, while the people that did download the newest patch have a disadvantage in hotlap mode. An example for this is Bawbag's WR on SO1 MRT. With patches up to U16, the WR is actually a WR, but with my U18 LFS the WR is displayed as invalid. So if you use older patches, you could in fact upload valid HLs using this bug or even these "exploited HLs" (hitting the finish line, driving back to the last Checkpoint and driving to the finish line again).

So IMHO you will have to delete all the HLs when making patch V available or patch V must be an incompatible one.
Quote from Scawen :Well there is a way to change it, just exit from the host and edit cfg.txt - there is a line "Lang Deutsch" or whatever - change it to English. I can't really see why people would really need to change a dedicated host's language frequently? And there are very few cases when a host talks to the guest in its native language. Gone are the days when nearly every host you were on would keep saying "Falsche richtung".

hehe yes I know you can change it using the config of course, but I noticed the dSRC server are in french because they bought them from a company in france. So I thought it might be nice to change it
Only interesting if you don't have complete access to all the server files of course.
Quote from ORION :...but I noticed the dSRC server are in french...

If you could tell me what it said to you in French, that would be good, because it's really a bug if a server talks to you in French. I must have missed some error message from the proper translation system.
Quote from St4Lk3R :It seems that this is a minor or small fix, but it is in fact not. I think if you leave this fix in the patch, you will need to make Patch V an incompatible one.

Why? Because many of the hotlappers, especially people using cars (MRT, ...) which tyres do not heat up quick enough, drive the whole lap backwards and forward again to heat up their tyres before the actual hotlap. They could have this advantage with all patches up to U16, while the people that did download the newest patch have a disadvantage in hotlap mode. An example for this is Bawbag's WR on SO1 MRT. With patches up to U16, the WR is actually a WR, but with my U18 LFS the WR is displayed as invalid. So if you use older patches, you could in fact upload valid HLs using this bug or even these "exploited HLs" (hitting the finish line, driving back to the last Checkpoint and driving to the finish line again).

So IMHO you will have to delete all the HLs when making patch V available or patch V must be an incompatible one.

well as long as dustin is on it were ok , sorry, joke! anyway, it is fixed and yes, it is still possible, but iirc were getting a new incompatible patch in a month (dont quote me on this!)
Quote from Not quoting Jakg :iirc were getting a new incompatible patch in a month (dont quote me on this!)

news to me
Quote from ORION :hehe yes I know you can change it using the config of course, but I noticed the dSRC server are in french because they bought them from a company in france. So I thought it might be nice to change it
Only interesting if you don't have complete access to all the server files of course.

We don't see the messages in french though, it shows in English. The only time we see it in french is through spectator.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG