The online racing simulator
Very good!

Black screen bug is gone for me, doesn't even appear when holding Shift-F4 down. Besides that, it seems to be even faster than before, and the slight sound crackling I got before also disappeared.

A different thing that would probably have been important during the investigation is wether the screen resolution in LFS is the same as the desktop one, but as you've fixed it already that's of no relevace anymore

E: DIERR_HANDLEEXISTS still appears for me when using Alt-Tab, but as I never use that anyway that's completely irrelevant.
Quote from Scawen :OK...
a) Removed text "LEFT pit lane" and "ENTERED pit lane"
b) FIX : Black screen bug when changing between full screen and windowed

a) Erm... Why? This always helped me recognizing when I was able to push the pedal to the metal again after a pit stop (well... maybe precisely because of this help )

b) Great work, Can not do the bug in any way now.
Works fine so far. :up:

The new temporary messages for FF and FOV changes are nice, but they are only visible with the frame rate display enabled. Is it possible to show them at the top left as well when the FPS counter is disabled?

Edit (same here):
Quote from AndroidXP :DIERR_HANDLEEXISTS still appears for me when using Alt-Tab, but as I never use that anyway that's completely irrelevant.

I still have "DIERR_HANDLEEXISTS" message...

This happen when i minimize/maximize window (in the taskbar)...and with Alt + Tab...
Dierr_handleexists
OK... thanks.

I confirm I can still get this message if I use ALT+TAB.

So, no need to report the DIERR_HANDLEEXISTS message any more.
I have a problem with this patch (U24):
I am able to reliably reproduce a Crash To Desktop when joining a host, after the 'drivers in race' thing finishes counting, regardless of window mode. I can't join any host, it just keeps crashing.

Crash address: 0x000000000045bb93
^ Ooops. Seems like I have the same
Attached images
u24error.jpg
I still hear slight sound crackling when i watching replays...
This is happen till U23.
On install i can run a single player game but if i goto any multiplayer server the game does its normal loading but just before getting onto the server it hangs and then fails.

The Error Signiture is
AppName: lfs.exe AppVer. 0.0.0.0 ModName: lfs.exe
ModVer. 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0005bb93

I have downloaded the patch twice and tried both downloads, they are the same.

If i put back U23 it is OK

P4 3.4 1.00gb ram
Quote :User messages no longer obscure the frame rate display

But now it obscures the minimap even more. And those who want an always visible fps display can move it to the right. I much prefer the old system.

Thanks for the patch though.
Tried to load mpr and lfs crashed every time, spr worked (U24).
I'm unable to join any hosts on U24 either. Same error as everyone else.
U24, LFS crashed just after joining U20 server. It counted all the players in the server, then I saw the LFS backround for a 0.5 seconds, after that all went black, did not hear any sound and after 2-3 seconds got the M$ Windows error report message.
Sorry about the U24 crash. U25 should be ok.

I've removed the crash report posts to avoid confusion.
-
(Ger Roady) DELETED by Ger Roady
When the new Patch U is out will all the things done in the test patches be in the Real Patch.

Also another pointless question. What happens when we get to Patch Z.
Funny, I can plays MPRs fine, single player is fine, but I get this when trying to go online:

(edit: yes, this was U24, U25 was released as I took the screeny...)
Attached images
ohnoes.JPG
No problems, insofar
Quote from nutty boy :When the new Patch U is out will all the things done in the test patches be in the Real Patch.

if they work, yes. And the "new patch U" will be V
Quote from nutty boy :When the new Patch U is out will all the things done in the test patches be in the Real Patch.

Also another pointless question. What happens when we get to Patch Z.

Yep, they'll all be in patch V.

Z? who knows. Either 0.5AA or 0.6A. Is it really important?
U25 works fine
Perfect, everything is brilliant here
U25 works fine, thanks
I still managed to black screen it.

What I did (all purely by accident):
* Was running LFS in full screen
* Using mouse as control, accidently clicked on desktop on second monitor when trying to apply power, gave the desktop focus, LFS minimises itself
* disabled second monitor to prevent this happening again
* restored LFS to fullscreen, stuck in black screen - switching to windowed mode did not help

Not an every day occurence, but thought I'd mention it.
Sorry for bringing this over from the locked thread, I just need to have the last word.

Quote from Scawen :I can't see how they would have used the sound in the old version anyway, because it was played at half speed but at the same frequency (not like slowing down an analogue recording).

It worked quite well using Goldwave's Fast Fourier Transform (for anyone interested: go through the menus effect/time warp/200%/FFT). Example here.
U25 - I can still hear crackling - the same cracklink as when moving sound lag slider in options (WXP SP2, PCI sound card, everything OK in U20, DSound test OK with write ahead 0.01s)

Sounds remain in buffer after race - for example if I win and quickly end race, I can hear applause after next race start.

When you are in removing texts, imo there are more to remove, for example "AI1 finished ..." - I can see this in results table.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG