The online racing simulator
Quote from Andreas Grauel :Gearshift debounced (can't shift twice within 50 ms)

does this has to be?
It really sucks when u need to shift down very quick...

I was one of the people who requested this feature.

But...
On fast down shifts in the FV8, it will skip some of my downshifts now. This is definitely new for U23, I have not tried 25 yet. I find it hard to beleive I am down shifting faster than 50ms. Is there any way to fine tune this because it should be a good feature.

Thanks again for all your work
With U25, feels quicker changing menus. (?)
Quote :On fast down shifts in the FV8, it will skip some of my downshifts now. This is definitely new for U23, I have not tried 25 yet. I find it hard to beleive I am down shifting faster than 50ms. Is there any way to fine tune this because it should be a good feature.

Have to say, i've been noticing some downshifting problems like this also, i was thinking it was the button in my wheel, but it could be this.
Changing down quickly from 6th through to 2nd as i have done for as long as i can remember i now go no further than 4th before i miss a gear.

I am having to change gears slower leaving a small wait from 4th to 3rd and 2nd which i did not do before.
The sound problem is solved now
But it's harder now to know when you're out of pit...
I'm not sure about the gear changing...
Quote from BlakjeKaas :But it's harder now to know when you're out of pit...

That's a positive thing, you won't often have anybody telling you that you just left the pits
makes LFs more realistic
oh uhm, just writing to moan about the new shifting limitation, its pretty unrealistic not being able to shift as fast as a human or the hydraulic system could if u just crash down the gears, im not using the new testpatch cause it simply ruins my style of brakin in front of a corner with a formula car. it would be very usefull if one could be able to adjust the "max shifts per 50ms" or something like that thank yo
You shift more than once every 50ms? Jeez, I think I shift down about every 200 to 300ms at least.
Quote from n1lyn :oh uhm, just writing to moan about the new shifting limitation, its pretty unrealistic not being able to shift as fast as a human or the hydraulic system could if u just crash down the gears, im not using the new testpatch cause it simply ruins my style of brakin in front of a corner with a formula car. it would be very usefull if one could be able to adjust the "max shifts per 50ms" or something like that thank yo

You can't be serious about this. I've been triing and even intentionally I just simply couldn't shift down as fast that the program would block it. Not even once. I stoped cause I was afraid of damaging my paddles.
I seem to be missing gearshifts too. FXR, Aston national, last hairpin i can't seem to get into 3rd quickly enough or to 2nd at all sometimes. This is a problem because i use quick downshifting to use engine braking. Now i sometimes go wide. I also find it hard to believe i shift twice in 5 hundreths of a second, but i don't know, could it be?

EDIT: Momo R, stick shifting.
Scawen has recently said that the Test Patch should be kept for U Test related issues.
I hope this lttle request is not to far off the need of keeping the Thread about bug reports/bug fixes... If it does please ignore.

The thing I would like to say is that I dont think it is right that all single seater cars dont work with a H Shifter since Version U11. My understanding is that the FXR is supposed to be driven with a H-type shifting technique with consistently clutching when changing Gears. I have driven a Formula Renault car in real life too and that is the way to shift Gears in these cars.

Although I'm not completely sure that there arent some leagues with these small Formula cars who do indeed F1 Paddle Shifting, as in LFS since U11. But I dont think that's the way the cars are supposed to be driven.
I know what the problem is
It seems like the 50ms timer is only started after the key is released again.

I made a small test application - if the timer is only using keydown events it was virtually impossible to get below 50ms. But that was not quite so if you just measure the time between the last keyup and the next keydown event. There I was frequently able to reach 30-40ms timings, explaining the missed shifts.
Multiple custom views per car[/QUOTE]

?????
Quote from George Kuyumji :Although I'm not completely sure that there arent some leagues with these small Formula cars who do indeed F1 Paddle Shifting, as in LFS since U11. But I dont think that's the way the cars are supposed to be driven.

I don't think any Formula Renault has a F1 style paddle shifter. But the information I was given, is that they use a sequential gearbox, controlled by a sequential gearstick. Could it have been an older model of Formula Renault that you drove? That's why the FOX.lfs script in the script folder, runs sequential.lfs - so people who have both paddles and a sequential shifter, can use two button assignment commands to make it work on their sequential shifter.

I'm still considering the option of having selectable gearbox for some cars (not all). But before that option exists, LFS must be designed for the majority of people, who do want LFS to automatically switch between H-shifter and sequential, without the need for script writing.
Quote from AndroidXP :It seems like the 50ms timer is only started after the key is released again.

Yes, you are right, and this occurred to me about an hour ago as well. I'll change it.
is there any reason, why the sound doesn't work, when you're outside of the game? i need the sound when looking something up in the internet to notice when someone joins the server/leaves or whatever. but sound works fine for me now.
i still get this message: "DI : FFDevice - DIERR_HANDLEEXISTS" when tabbing into lfs.
i also had a problem when hosting a server. i couldnt see my mate. he was using u25, too. another one was on the server without problems. i have to proove that, but had no time yet.
C'mon. Both were explained/talked about a few posts prior. The no sound on an unfocused window is a "feature" of DirectSound, there's nothing Scawen can do about it.

And on DIERR_HANDLEEXISTS, look here.
#969 - KTy
Quote from bLaCk VaMpIrE :is there any reason, why the sound doesn't work, when you're outside of the game?

Switching to DirectSound...
I just installed the patch and i open up lfs and get a error message I'm sure i installed it good.
...WHICH error message?
Not sure if this has been said before, i was playing lfs for about 4 hours and running in the background when doing some other stuff when i came back to lfs played some more, got bored minimize it with the windows key and started to look on the forum, went back to lfs and click on display list off games and lfs went into a black screen and windows pop a message with lfs has a had an error blah blah the normal crap to do with the message and it took some doing to get lfs to shutdown, but i tryed everything to reproduce the bug with no effect
i just installed U25 and cant seem to get onto master server at all???
Re-allowed through your firewall 180? (ive had to do that with either test patch), Pickard - Yes, been mentioned I believe earlier in this thread.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG