The online racing simulator
Quote from nesrulz :He, first time in LFS (no before U23) i see this (black screen).
This happen when i go from window mod in full screen mod (SHIFT + F4).
U23 here...

Happend to me as i was connecting to the sccc server

edit : i was able to get in window mode with shift f4 , and than to close lfs
Quote from Jakg :no offence - irl i don't know any gearbox that can shift in 0.05 of a second, afaik F1 gearbox's do it in .2 of a second, you are complaining because LFS won't do it 4 times quicker!

I agree the limit in LFS still allows inhuman gear changes.

I have not tried it, but i think i can get 4 times faster gear changes than you... just use all your four digits and roll them on the paddle, each finger pulling it once, in quick succession.

will make more sense to those who have played guitar fingerstyle
Quote from Bob Smith :I had no echo until I went on track, since then I've had it everywhere. Ending the race cures it. Also I do get a little crackling now and then when exiting the pits, or when playing with the sound lag setting.

Yes, I got this echoes too and I remember going into the menus on the track once...

Quote from Bob Smith :Edit: I got a big "not recording" message out of the blue too, never seen text in that font either, is this U23 related?

That's when you pitted in a SP-game... LfS tells you that it doesn't record the data for a replay, thus you wouldn't be able to save one...
U23 works perfect in vista RC2 .. 0.05 soundlag setting without problems also good framerate.. no sound and graphics or online issues at all

id say U23 is 100% vista compatible

sometimes i have ups and downs in fps but then again its not lfs related.. vista rc2 (ultimate edition) has alot of services and processes/tasks running in background that takes up unneccesary cpu and harddisk activity.i already disabled alot of services/processes/tasks etc
i think i can call this a bug
On the start of a race when replay is being recorded, it shows fps when i telepit in/out it no longer records. This blocked my fps counter, but when i moved fps to another corner the "Not Recording" went in its place.

FPS/NOT RECORDING clash?
Adjustable gearshift debounce
Quote :Gearshift debounced (can't shift twice within 50 ms)

Sometimes when I pull the lever to change up it doesn't instantly repeat the key but when I'm releasing it goes ka-click again.

Would it be possible to have the value minimum at 50ms but adjustable to higher value by user?
Quote from george_tsiros :I agree the limit in LFS still allows inhuman gear changes.

I have not tried it, but i think i can get 4 times faster gear changes than you... just use all your four digits and roll them on the paddle, each finger pulling it once, in quick succession.

will make more sense to those who have played guitar fingerstyle

nah, i personally can't get my fingers to do it (it's like my fngers lock :S)
I also have sometimes Blackscreens, after SHIFT + F4.
All you guys reporting black screens. Thanks for the reports, but unfortunately you are confusing me, because you aren't specifying which versions this is in.

Did you always get them, in version U, or is it only in the test patches? Or did you never get it in a test patch before, and it's 100% new in U23? Please specify.
My blackscreen problem came when I first tried joining a server after installing U23
Black screen bug : special thread
OK...

Thanks for the black screen bug reports on this thread but they were getting a bit confusing, so I have made a special thread for them. It's one we definitely need to fix. Your responses on the other thread may help to gather some clues to the cause of the problem.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=14140

I will delete the black screen reports from this thread now, because the ones on the new thread will be more informative.
I have problem with sound... I get echo and a crackeling sound when the car is on the trrack... I have tried to change the sound lag setting. The sound is best at 0.15, but its stil not good

I have xpsp2 and I use sandberg usb headphones..
#913 - KTy
USB headphones ?
If you can, stay away from USB for fast streaming/audio/video/...
Quote from bluejudas :I have problem with sound... I get echo and a crackeling sound when the car is on the trrack... I have tried to change the sound lag setting. The sound is best at 0.15, but its stil not good

Never mind... When I restarted LFS the sound was ok
The sound is not as "clean" as testpatch 19 but now its more than ok for me
U23 works fine,but when I play I always get this message:" DI : FFDevice - DIERR_HANDLEEXISTS ". What does that mean?

But anyways,thx for the patch!!!

Greetings, BlasteR

P.S. I'm using a Driving Force Pro on Windows XP Professional SP2!
Quote from Brainblaster666 :U23 works fine,but when I play I always get this message:" DI : FFDevice - DIERR_HANDLEEXISTS ". What does that mean?

That has been mentioned a few times and I've responded to it. We don't have the answer yet though.

Please could you be more specific about it? You said, "when I play I always get this message". But what do you really mean? When you first run LFS, or is it when you change from windowed to full screen? Or just randomly when you aren't doing anything? If you could explain exactly how to get this message, that would be very helpful.
i just got DI : FFDevice - DIERR_HANDLEEXISTS (yes in dat language) after a alt-tab returning to lfs.

ps: no need for answers like "use shift f4".
connection list invisible but clickable when race starts!
recently ive noticed a liitle bug - when race starts and at moment is displayed list of connections (players names), "invisible" icons (ban, kick, ss...) become clickable (with invisible mouse pointer!) - important for mouse players like me... unwanted votes etc. when clicking lmb (throttle) when race starts.
Quote from bluejudas :I have problem with sound... I get echo and a crackeling sound when the car is on the trrack... I have tried to change the sound lag setting. The sound is best at 0.15, but its stil not good

From time to time I get crackling while driving too, It comes several times per lap.
But I had it only 4 times if I started LFS. But if it comes, I noticed it the full race.
I couldn´t reproduced it yet.
I just gave U23 a quick try and there was still some crackleing when viewing from TV cam with lot's of cars in view right after the start.

Quote from Scawen :About the sound disappearing when you go to different replay speeds :

That is intentional. The sound is now generated at 100 Hz, in fact it generates a new block of 441 samples, after every physics update. It's not possible to do this at different replay speeds. It would need a varying buffer size and a lot of programming to get around this.

One problem with this is that many people record videos with fraps using half-speed to get smoother videos and will now no longer be able to record sound. But if it's a lot of work I guess it's not worth changing anything.
Quote from J.B. :I just gave U23 a quick try and there was still some crackleing when viewing from TV cam with lot's of cars in view right after the start.

I can confirm that, but it´s not what I mean.
The crsckling I mean is much louder and in every cam I guess, but I try to get it now
Quote from J.B. :One problem with this is that many people record videos with fraps using half-speed to get smoother videos and will now no longer be able to record sound. But if it's a lot of work I guess it's not worth changing anything.

I can't see how they would have used the sound in the old version anyway, because it was played at half speed but at the same frequency (not like slowing down an analogue recording).
Most videos dont use the lfs sound anyway
#924 - Don
Quote from Scawen :I can't see how they would have used the sound in the old version anyway, because it was played at half speed but at the same frequency (not like slowing down an analogue recording).

well ive done this once - captured lfs with sound @ 0.5x replay speed - to get the sound sounding correctly, it was quite a difficult process - had to run it thru few filters and at the end it sounded ALMOST like lfs, but not EXACTLY the same. So it kinda was possible back then...but as i said, i used it just once
TEST Patch U24 (now U25)
OK...

The black screen bug needed investigation, and with your help I learned how to reproduce the bug.
This led to a solution, so I decided to quickly do a Test Patch U24.

EDIT : U24 had a guaranteed crash on joining any hosts, so now updated to U25.

Changes :

User messages no longer obscure the frame rate display
Not recording message is now only displayed for 8 seconds
FOV adjustment keys (5/6) now show the FOV in a temporary message
Engine sound off throttle is slightly louder than it was
Removed text "LEFT pit lane" and "ENTERED pit lane"

FIX : Echo on interface sounds
FIX : DIERR_HANDLEEXISTS message (maybe fixed)
FIX : Clickable buttons in connection list at start of race
FIX : Black screen bug when changing between full screen and windowed

NOTE : Translatable text updated

TEST PATCH U25 :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_U25_TEST.zip

DEDICATED HOST U25 (for hosting only) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_U25.zip
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG