The online racing simulator
i have a unlock problem.. everytime i unlock it on vista its locked again on xp somehow and when i unlock it in xp.. its locked in vista again..

now all my unlocks are used for this month i just wonder why this happens? can 1 lfs not be unlocked to S2 on 2 oses at the same time?
Quote from trackah123 :can 1 lfs not be unlocked to S2 on 2 oses at the same time?

Yes, you'll have to install it twice.
ok you mean like for example 2 lfs gamefolders like "LFSXP" and "LFSVista"? that way it should work then i guess?
Exactly.
Is there some reason why Dust Lod never seems to save at 0.25??? Everytime I set it to 0.25, and then restart LFS, it is reset to 0.30. What for?
Another thing; I'm not quite sure because I more or less stumbled over it on accident, but it seems that the analog-smooth setting doesn't do anything anymore? In previous LFS versions I could immediately notice the difference, either erratic but precise, or smooth but lagging controller movements (on that steer position indicator). With patch U25 there seems to be absolutely no difference between 0.00 and 0.90.
Quote from danowat : sound is popping and cracking all over the place.
Might have to roll back to an earlier version

I'm still new to LfS, but have been playing games online for 11 years now. So I decided to test this patch too, and contribute to the community.

My sound is cracking as hell too, and my framerate is only half of what it used to be. Tried to watch some races, but it was too laggy, even on the Redline servers, which are usually OK for me. Ping was between 30 and 40 ms, but the cars were all over the place.
What's the easiest way to roll back? Just reinstall LfS?
just download the u patch and install it
tnx.. just did that.. but it didnt help.
Is my license code stored outside my LfS map? If I delete the whole folder, do I have to use a new unlock code?
yes, you do
What Jakg meant was to download the U patch (not U25) and install that over your LFS folder again. If that doesn't help and you have sound crackling in both U and U25, then the problem is on your side. Try newer sound and/or DirectX drivers.
U25 sounds so much better then any other patch for some reason. It sounds smoother and more real to me. Still room for improvement, but I know you devs are working on it.
so i went into windows firewall and checked if LFS.exe was allowed, and its all good. I still cannot connect to MASTER SERVER.

Anymore helP?
I installed patch U25 too. I was at plain U for all that time. :doh:

Congratulations, you have made some very good improvements there but I want more...

I dont want to ask any major stuff here as i think the suggestions section is for this job.

I think these ones are minor so they can implemented with not much work else... just ignore me.

1. The triangle icons in the small map are equilateral triangles. Very nice improvement from the old squares but its hard to determine the direction of the vehicle (in a spin or low speed turn). Is there a possibility to make the icons isosceles triangles or another shape so the direction of the nose of the car is recognizable even if the car not moving?

2. The setups rename button is very good do. Simplifies a very time consuming procedure from within LFS. But I would like to see a sort by name option too here. I dont change a setup's settings regulary so old ones (like the BL1 setup) always get hidden to the bottom and I really cannot locate them. But if you put a sort by name option there it will be very easy because I'll name them respectivelly BL1_biggie, BL2_biohazard, FE1_xxx etc... and you get the picture. Much more easier to locate a name this way. Now they are all messed up.

That's from me for the moment , keep up the good work
This is a place for bug reports regarding test patches. NOT for improvement suggestions of ANY kind.
Quote from AndroidXP :This is a place for bug reports regarding test patches. NOT for improvement suggestions of ANY kind.

Oops sorry for the spam then I'll post it in the right section
Quote from 180sx :so i went into windows firewall and checked if LFS.exe was allowed, and its all good. I still cannot connect to MASTER SERVER.

Delete the LFS entry in the Windows firewall and then reopen LFS and tell Windows to unblock it again. You should see it now works.
I had some problems with part of the circuit surface appearing grey in U25, but I was too stupid to get a pic illepall
yea got that to, when i enterd the track i could see my inside but the track was all gray and the whole surface too. when u look from outside its all good, gkinda like on the roof of that building from blackwood carpark when u look from inside. but then i left the server reconected and all was back to normal, didnt hapend again since (it was the first time i eneterd a server after installing the patch so...maybe that was it :P) donno
Clock/fps visible in shift+F mode
Clock/fps are visible in shift+F mode, wasn't in U24.
Dont know if this was posted yet but when watching replays I do
not get any sounds when replay is sped up or slowed down.

Quote from the_angry_angel :Delete the LFS entry in the Windows firewall and then reopen LFS and tell Windows to unblock it again. You should see it now works.

Thanks for that. I will try tonight appreciate the help
Quote from AndroidXP :What Jakg meant was to download the U patch (not U25) and install that over your LFS folder again. If that doesn't help and you have sound crackling in both U and U25, then the problem is on your side. Try newer sound and/or DirectX drivers.

the U patch... All I see on the downloadpage is "Full version" "patch P to U" and patch S to U"

Can I delete my current LfS folder without having to unlock it again? Where is the unlock registered? Then I can keep that file, and re-extract the full U version around it...
I didnt have cracling sound in U. It started after installing patch U25, and my framerate dropped by half..
You can just extract the full U installation over your current one. LFS should stay unlocked that way. (Sorry for OT)
OK, ill give that a try..
But if that doesnt work: can I delete the whole LfS map and re-extract the full U version, or will I have to use a new unlock? Being a rather new licensed player and not having used a new unlock it scares me a bit.. and I'm trying to avoid it
Quote from riffey4 :OK, ill give that a try..
But if that doesnt work: can I delete the whole LfS map and re-extract the full U version, or will I have to use a new unlock? Being a rather new licensed player and not having used a new unlock it scares me a bit.. and I'm trying to avoid it

by copying the contents of your /data/misc folder to another lfs install you can unlock as many copies of lfs as you want (on the pc you unlocked the copy with the source /data/misc folder)

and the contents of the patch s to u zip should be enough to get lfs back to u1
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG