The online racing simulator
atm they are like in 1/4 of the screen (when you said "moved to right" i thought they would be on the very right of screen), so ATM it doesnt really help so much...i`d prefer to have all the buttons on left like it used to be OR move all the buttons to the very right (also in ingame options, not only in ESCAPE menu)
Thanks for the patch! I love how LFS doesn't skimp on the usability and little features.

Seing as the interface is being altered (albiet slightly), is it possible to maybe replace the "Enter Message:" textbox by something under the current messages - ie. "say: " like in other games? That way you could continue writing a message over several straights when this is necessary and it won't be distracting during corners. Not really a huge problem but it would be nice.
Quote from Scawen :
Maybe I should just make all messages vanish, in the ESCAPE menu?

That would be a good idea in my opinion :P
Quote from xaotik :Hmm, the internal mirror in the XRG appears to be right smack in the middle of the windshield (at 75 degrees FOV) and with 0 vertical offset.

I think it is too low too. And there is no way to raise it higher.
I agree with don
Quote from Scawen :Maybe I should just make all messages vanish, in the ESCAPE menu?

This would be much better
Quote from Scawen :...

Thank you, I think thats a way better option. I can't find a good reason why anyone would read messages while in ESC mode. ESC mode in my opinion should be strickly for changing options.

Thanks
Great job on this patch btw.
Quote from Scawen :Maybe I should just make all messages vanish, in the ESCAPE menu?

I agree with that idea too - the escape menu should be just that, a menu to "escape" all that fuss.

Quote from m4vrick :Great job on this patch btw.

Yeah, forgot to say thanks for adding "Central text now visible in SHIFT+F mode" - it was one of my biggest pet peeves not being able to turn everything off in online races.
I can not really imagine why someone would just open the menu without doing an action (like leaving the server, or pitting or whatever). And I think most of us use the hotkeys anyway.

I would vote for the "make all messages vanish, in the ESCAPE menu" option.

Yes-yes! If you go to the escape menu then you actually do go there for the menu itself. You don't go to the escape menu to read messages.

P.S. The messages vs. menu thing always annoyed me. glad you've taken up to fix it.

EDIT: sry, didn't notice the standing ovation you already got for the "Maybe I should just make all messages vanish, in the ESCAPE menu?"
Quote from Scawen :

no, gecause you can guess some parts of the text behind. imho leave it as it was.
Quote from xaotik :Hmm, the internal mirror in the XRG appears to be right smack in the middle of the windshield (at 75 degrees FOV) and with 0 vertical offset.

Look at it from the outside, you'll see that it is less than a quarter of the way down.

It's just a 3d effect that seems to make it look lower than it is in a real car (the top of the windscreen is near you so it appears very large. You'll need to sit in a real car and shut one eye to try and remove your 3D vision (or even better, take a photo). You'll see that it is quite far down the window in that case as well. In my car, the bottom of the mirror is really just a few cm above my eye level. Also, it is about as far forward as the centre of the steering wheel. It is definitely not way back, as it was in the LFS road cars before this version.

I couldn't lift them any higher, they went through the window. It seemed to be the most realistic position I could get.
Quote from bLaCk VaMpIrE :no, gecause you can guess some parts of the text behind. imho leave it as it was.

I think that way you can't read the text and you can't read the menu buttons - it's meant to do both, but it doesn't do either...
Quote from Scawen :Look at it from the outside, you'll see that it is less than a quarter of the way down.

It's just a 3d effect that seems to make it look lower than it is in a real car (the top of the windscreen is near you so it appears very large. You'll need to sit in a real car and shut one eye to try and remove your 3D vision (or even better, take a photo). You'll see that it is quite far down the window in that case as well. In my car, the bottom of the mirror is really just a few cm above my eye level. Also, it is about as far forward as the centre of the steering wheel. It is definitely not way back, as it was in the LFS road cars before this version.

I couldn't lift them any higher, they went through the window. It seemed to be the most realistic position I could get.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Perhaps it's not matter of mirror position though.

Below I've attached two screenshots, both using the same FOV (75). In the custom view I placed the camera "in" the driver's helmet and it resembles more of what I see when sitting in a car in terms of the mirror position. In both pics the mirror has 0 X&Y offset. Anyhow, good thing for custom views, says I.
Attached images
LFS_COCKPIT.jpg
lfs_custom.jpg
Patch seems fine, although have the menu click sounds got louder recently or is it just me? Seem to deafen me now.

I would agree the internal mirrors were too high before, I often reduced their height a little, but they do seem a touch too low now. Perhaps just a question of familiarity.
Quote from Bob Smith :Patch seems fine, although have the menu click sounds got louder recently or is it just me? Seem to deafen me now.

You know what, I have noticed this, my volume settings (windows) seem to be all over the place since a recent patch, very odd......

Dan,
Scawen, thanks for leaving the central messages on (as option) in Shift-F mode. I like to be able to see my split times without being distracted by other stuff.
gearshift debounce at 20ms .. lol i was hoping my clutch would work faster using my shiftmacro on my logitech g15 keyboard .. faster shifts but it wasnt you gotta love dragracing.

scawen can you implement a clutch response slider in misc options? (lol joke)
If messages where hidden when in the ESCAPE menu, could they be kinda cached so that a driver in the escape menu wouldnt miss anything vital? I agree with the other stuff talked about here. And the "enter message" box could be smaller I guess we all know how to use it now right?
Coudn't the text go transparent (barely visible) while the escape menu is presented, now it just goes over it and like mentioned it's guite weird when the menu sort of bounces right and left out of the way...and doesn't actually help so much. Making the messages vanish would make it possible to miss important stuff. Another option (more compicated and would reguire even more work) would be making a chatbox which could be moved where you want and customized.
I've found little "Up button" bug.
Language - Czech
Attached images
sipka.JPG
is there a way to see gear debounce to a higher value than 120ms? maybe something like 300ms? because it is still shifting twice when i press it once
in polish language is the same bug
Quote from Gabkicks :is there a way to see gear debounce to a higher value than 120ms? maybe something like 300ms? because it is still shifting twice when i press it once

Probably not the place to discuss it but you'd do yourself good to check that there aren't open wires touching in the wheel-PC cable. If you open your wheel a few times, it might happen where the cable goes into the little "channel" out of the wheel. If you need more help you should start a thread.
new problem
hello,

okey , i go a bit back in the time.

after patch U is realy have i a problem with live for speed.
when i am in the game and presss shift + tab to do some other shit.
and when i open live for speed again i have a black screen.
after i have close and open it again a couple of times sometimes he do it again normal,

i hope u can understad what i mean and u have some selution for the problem. i am drive the MoE and lot of other event so i need to close the game with shift + tabs

reintjan

Much better solution
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG