The online racing simulator
Yeah, KiD was there too
Quote from DeKo :okay scawen, just got a black screen when i shift-f4'd. I shift f4'd to go to inferno, then applied the profile again in ATT because it doesnst stick, shift f4'd again to go back to full screen and got just complete black, shift f4'd again and it just stays.

Ill go test this, see if its reproducable.

Okay tested again, cant seem to get it at all. This is the second time ive had this, first time was in W37 on FM server. Is there something i can run or something, which if it happens again, could help you in anyway? Although im really not sure that its an LFS problem, could just be ATT being bent

Also happened to me, also using ATT. I hadn't had any black screen problems since switching from Nvidia to ATI so it probably has something to do with
Quote from Scawen :Changes in TEST PATCH W37 :

FIX : Safer code when changing windowed to full screen

Couldn't reproduce it though so I can't be sure.
Quote from Leifde :Not sure if this has been posted before but I am not able to change gear after the race has finished and on the grid of the next race. This can be fixed by pitting though. I'm using a G25. The controller menu in LFS recognises the gear changes in both sequential and H-shifter mode but the car just doesn't change gear. It's not me being stupid and forgetting about manual clutch as I've tried with my clutch pedal pressed in (it's usually on auto clutch anyway)

Can anyone else reproduce this? I haven't had any problems.

The only related problem I had was when switching between old patch and new patch I lost my clutch pedal assignment and also the 720 degrees wheel turn.
Quote :Can anyone else reproduce this? I haven't had any problems.

The only related problem I had was when switching between old patch and new patch I lost my clutch pedal assignment and also the 720 degrees wheel turn.

had no problems too, did a few lx6 races on a full server with w38 yesterday
wheel: dfp with autoclutch and manual gears

edit: ok i was a bit fast i guess you don't want people to say it works fine ^^
sry got nothing to add just that: everything worked really well for me even if the server was fully packed
no lags no disconnects nothing cant wait for patch x and get some full grids again
Updated to Test Patch W39

It includes a connection queueing system.
Going to be another crazy test server this eve?
it shows W38 on main screen.
Hmm. Still says W38 in the main menu after patching to W39, but I guess that doesn't matter?

EDIT: Too slow..
Scawen, is there going to be a mass joining party like there was last night?
Quote from Scawen :It includes a connection queueing system.

Could you please give some more info about the queueing system? Does it only work for full servers? Asking because I just had the "a player is disconnecting" message when trying to connect.

Oh and for me it also says W38 in the main screen.
When you load up LFS text file still says W38.
Dont see any servers? At least that i can enter.
Sorry I made a mistake.

I'm re-uploading the files. Will post again when they are up.

Yes we need a mass joining party. Franky will host.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Dont see any servers? At least that i can enter.

Yep, and the name of the servers are "Host is LFS 0.5W34, 37, 38....... " and i can't join..
he is on now
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yep, and the name of the servers are "Host is LFS 0.5W34, 37, 38....... " and i can't join..

yes, because of multiplayer updates... wait for the servers to get updated
Im deffinatly haveing problems with FPS. When at full grid starting I go down to .5 or 1..sucks really bad..then i turn off my grafix down goes to 3.5 - 5.5 not much of an improvment..
then you have a crappy CPU?
Quote from Jakg :then you have a crappy CPU?

3.06 GHz
512 RAM (might be the prob)
ATI Radeon 200 Express Series (also the prob)
Quote from scoobyrbac :3.06 GHz

should cope fine, seems like you must have some crap runnign in the background
Quote from Jakg :should cope fine, seems like you must have some crap runnign in the background

No, just my server and msn..

my server's only using 800K
msn's using 31,984...maby thats why..
Quote from scoobyrbac :No, just my server and msn..

my server's only using 800K
msn's using 31,984...maby thats why..

Come on folks, MSN and other such gubbins are all stuff you should be shutting down when you play LFS or any online game.

We need every last drop of bandwidth and you need every bit of CPU time you can get.
Quote from scoobyrbac :3.06 GHz
512 RAM (might be the prob)
ATI Radeon 200 Express Series (also the prob)

3.06Ghz Pentium 4 with 533FSB? That is the Problem, the CPU sucks, that's all.

Your whole PC is crap, don't expect wonders...
Quote from RoaGod :3.06Ghz Pentium 4 with 533FSB? That is the Problem, the CPU sucks, that's all.

Your whole PC is crap, don't expect wonders...

It still should be fine for well more than 1-10 fps. Should he be expecting 60+fps with 20AI or 31 online, no.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG