The online racing simulator
Someone was talking about LFS randomly minimizing it self. It happened to me today while I was some setup tweaks online. This was the first time I ran LFS for like 2-3 hours in a row. I minimized it self several times in a couple of minutes. When I exited and started the game again it didn't happen any more.
Quote from dev :Someone was talking about LFS randomly minimizing it self. It happened to me today while I was some setup tweaks online. This was the first time I ran LFS for like 2-3 hours in a row. I minimized it self several times in a couple of minutes. When I exited and started the game again it didn't happen any more.

maybe spyware?
that happened to a friend, and fixed that using a anti spy tool.
Happens to me, and I have a completely fresh install along with anti-spyware.
Quote from XsX! :maybe spyware?
that happened to a friend, and fixed that using a anti spy tool.

No spyware or anything like that Daily scans...
I've tested my new VPP-Professional-Wheel and noticed, that there are no Forcefeedback-Effects on Curbs or outside the track.

I tested it with FOX on FE Black and Blackwood, using tastpatch U30 on Win XP Pro SP2 (all drivers and Updates are latest).

In the next hours I will test it with other Patches, Cars and tracks...
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D : "problem" solved
Quote from Gender_Bender :I've tested my new VPP-Professional-Wheel and noticed, that there are no Forcefeedback-Effects on Curbs or outside the track.

I tested it with FOX on FE Black and Blackwood, using tastpatch U30 on Win XP Pro SP2 (all drivers and Updates are latest).

In the next hours I will test it with other Patches, Cars and tracks...

I've tested a bit more and noticed following things:

- If I drove slowly over the curbs, I had some very weak FF-Effects on the Curbs.
- If I crash into a whall, I had no FF-Effects.
- Randomly LfS crashes on start up and I have to do a completly system-resett.
- Same Problems under patch U original and U30 on different track / car / setup combinations.
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe : Too off topic for this forum regarding kerb FFB
Replay OOS bug
Here is a little bug:

1. Start a single player game
2. Play a little (or more, it doesn't matter)
3. Save the replay with button "2"
4. While watching the replay (without exiting to main menu) press Shift-G until you change the shift mode from manual (sequential/shifter) to auto or auto to manual

The result: replay goes OOS instantly.

You can't do this when you open it from the main menu. This bug only occurs when you watch it immediately and LFS let you change shift mode during the replay.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :Here is a little bug:

1. Start a single player game
2. Play a little (or more, it doesn't matter)
3. Save the replay with button "2"
4. While watching the replay (without exiting to main menu) press Shift-G until you change the shift mode from manual (sequential/shifter) to auto or auto to manual

The result: replay goes OOS instantly.

You can't do this when you open it from the main menu. This bug only occurs when you watch it immediately and LFS let you change shift mode during the replay.

Confirmed
Not sure if this is a bug or feature, but it's certainly test patch related (wasn't like this a few test patches ago, started happening after I upgraded to U30):
If I windowize (shift+f4) lfs and the lfs window looses focus, the lfs sound gets muted.

Very annoying, I like to be able to hear when someone joins a host (or just have the sound of roaring GTR's in the background ) while I'm for example reading my mail.

Edit: Uhm yeah. Thought I had read every post in this section before posting this, but the problem was explained by Scawen in page 30 in the "Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing"-thread. Sorry 'bout my bad research...
Quote from nikka :Not sure if this is a bug or feature, but it's certainly test patch related...

Yes, it's a known side effect of using DirectSound instead of waveOut, and has been mentioned multiple times in this thread already (maybe the posts got moved?). This behaviour will not change, as using DirectSound is essential for correct sound output in Windows Vista
Hi!
I get graphical corruption in the real mirrors after ALT+TAB when they should be black (no or virtual mirrors enabled).

I have a Radeon X800 and Cat 6.10 drivers.
Quote from SladiVadi :Hi!
I get graphical corruption in the real mirrors after ALT+TAB when they should be black (no or virtual mirrors enabled).

OK, some questions :

1) Is that with Patch U30?
2) Does it happen every time?
3) I guess this is only in full screen mode = any other info?

I have not been able to reproduce that. I guess this might be one of those things where ALT+TAB just behaves differently on different computers. LFS is supposed to (and does) redraw them plain black the next time it draws the screen just after receiving messages about LFS regaining focus, etc.
Quote from SladiVadi :Hi!

this happens on most pcs when you alt tab in a view where the mirrors are supposed to be black
the only solution i know is to either not use alt tab or to change the view once and then back again

Quote from Scawen :I have not been able to reproduce that. I guess this might be one of those things where ALT+TAB just behaves differently on different computers. LFS is supposed to (and does) redraw them plain black the next time it draws the screen just after receiving messages about LFS regaining focus, etc.

how do you actually turn them pitch black ?
the mirrors are the only textured surface in lfs that has this problem so there must be something different about the way theyre drawn
Real mirrors get corrupted when alt+tabbing here as well. I did it a few times in a row, happened every time. No other way to get them corrupted, it seems. However, I then opened catalyst control center to check stuff out, closed it and wasn't able to reproduce it any longer. I had rebooted earlier so the drivers should have been all loaded etc.

LFS U30
RADEON 9800 PRO
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6631
Quote from Scawen :
FIX : System messages still audible with messages blocked

sorry, but the messages are still audible
Quote from three_jump :sorry, but the messages are still audible

Please can you give an exact description of the bug.
sorry, now with proper information

while driving block messages and you'll still hear the message sounds when somebody is joining the race etc.
About 2 minutes ago lfs crashed on me after looking for some servers and after it finished searching i click back to the online option for multi single etc etc and lfs crashed i hope the screeny can help you in anyway
Attached images
lfs crash TP30.jpg
Quote from three_jump :sorry, now with proper information

while driving block messages and you'll still hear the message sounds when somebody is joining the race etc.

OK, but are they visible as well? If so then they are supposed to be audible.

System messages are supposed to be visible and audible if you just press the minus key, which only blocks other people's messages. If you press SHIFT-minus then that blocks system messages as well.

The bug I fixed was that in some cases, messages were invisible but still audible. If that is still happening then that is a bug.
I was always "annoyed" that when you block messages you still get the sound from the pitting, joining messages (which I thought was the FIX you meant), but as you wrote

Quote from Scawen :If you press SHIFT-minus then that blocks system messages as well.

I think that LFS already had the thing I wanted. It's one of those options which aren't easy to find or documentated (Keys.pdf) and you only find by accident.

Never knew that this option existed... will try this tonight
Is it possible to block only system messages and to show only chat text ?
Quote from Scawen :OK, some questions :

1) Is that with Patch U30?
2) Does it happen every time?
3) I guess this is only in full screen mode = any other info?

I have not been able to reproduce that. I guess this might be one of those things where ALT+TAB just behaves differently on different computers. LFS is supposed to (and does) redraw them plain black the next time it draws the screen just after receiving messages about LFS regaining focus, etc.

It's U30.
When I tried it happened every time. Today after a reboot, it happens about two times out of ten.
Yes, that happens in fullscreen mode.
Oh well, it easily fixable ingame.
Not 100% sure this is a new bug but haven't noticed it before:

If you assign the left and right arrow keys to steering in mouse/keyboard mode, these arrow keys no longer work in the live settings menus when using wheel/joystick.

I'm also quite sure that at one point they actually did work so maybe there is another step involved to make the keys stop working.
Quote from J.B. :Not 100% sure this is a new bug but haven't noticed it before:

If you assign the left and right arrow keys to steering in mouse/keyboard mode, these arrow keys no longer work in the live settings menus when using wheel/joystick.

I'm also quite sure that at one point they actually did work so maybe there is another step involved to make the keys stop working.

They don;t because they're already assigned, you need to hold down ctrl I think I read somewhere.
Quote from Davo :They don;t because they're already assigned, you need to hold down ctrl I think I read somewhere.

They should still work when I'm using a wheel.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG