The online racing simulator
Quote from Jakg :could you make outgauge report as 100% fuel? whenever i watch another car my steering wheel starts flashing (Momoleds telling me they are low on fuel, and Becky Rose's new app keeps giving a verbal message of "Out of fuel"

I'd say any add-on program should read zero as a special case and keep quiet at that point. It's a good idea to warn you when you are running low, but when you are actually at zero you probably know it already, I guess, so you don't need flashing lights or warning messages?
Quote from balee :Problem #1:
Selecting Single Player menu -> default config is Aston North instead of Blackwood GP.

That would be the case if you had Aston North selected when you last exited from LFS.

Quote from balee :Problem #2:
Selected another track -> than clicked on Aston again -> default config is National.

That is intentional. National is Aston's default config.
Hehe, you are right Scawen! Sorry then...
Quote from Scawen :I'd say any add-on program should read zero as a special case and keep quiet at that point. It's a good idea to warn you when you are running low, but when you are actually at zero you probably know it already, I guess, so you don't need flashing lights or warning messages?

i see your point, but if you cant...

Ok, im wrong, its up to the mod makers!
lol scawen got you with the out of fuel there jack

unless it takes someone special to say your out of gas instead of your car spuddering and comming to a stop lol
Quote from XCNuse :lol scawen got you with the out of fuel there jack

unless it takes someone special to say your out of gas instead of your car spuddering and comming to a stop lol

well when im watching someone it is a little annoying to have my momo flash to tell me there outta fuel, but he's right, it is the mod-makers fault
i find it odd though that when your watching someone else that outgauge or.. insim whatever is saying that there is no gas, rather than.. unknown or something
I have a problem with the roll setting in free cam mode. The slider will not budge when i use the mouse. When I use ctrl+Left/right, it just rotates slightly to one side and snaps back.

EDIT: Patch U18 BTW
afaik its not supposed to as you have to hide the menu to do it, although im not completely sure if i understand it
#510 - Don
i think if you make: PLACE OBJECTS = NO, then you can move the slider with mouse
Yes. That's already been discussed on this thread (but apparently I moved those posts somewhere else). The roll function isn't supposed to work if you have "Place Objects" switched on, because the objects wouldn't be placed where the mouse is.

Obviously this is not clear in the menu - and that is the problem.
Quote from XCNuse :i find it odd though that when your watching someone else that outgauge or.. insim whatever is saying that there is no gas, rather than.. unknown or something

But it should not be a big problem for the coders of these nice tools to check, if you are watching other cars or your own car. For instance they could check if LFS reports an empty string for outgauge.display2 (in this case this is not your own car). Anyway, it is for sure an improvement, that outgauge does not send the right fuel data of other drivers!

Scawen, thx for that fix.

Ciao
Veit

BTW, my own little outgauge tool needed to be updated too...
#513 - Don
Quote from Scawen :Yes. That's already been discussed on this thread (but apparently I moved those posts somewhere else). The roll function isn't supposed to work if you have "Place Objects" switched on, because the objects wouldn't be placed where the mouse is.

Obviously this is not clear in the menu - and that is the problem.

well the first solution was quite nice - the ROLL function was hidden untill you did PLACE OBJECTS = NO

but then there would be people shouting "omg where is the roll function i cant see it anywhere"
You can simply gray it out in such case.
Is there a reason why LFS always switch back from fullscreen to windowmode while browsing serverlist? Is there a way to deactivate this?
It's a little bit annoying on 3 screens (matrox th2g - 3840x1024). Fullscreenmode is perfect to view, all information on center screen except for serverlist. Window for serverlist is stretched over all 3 screens
Quote from -Willi- :Is there a reason why LFS always switch back from fullscreen to windowmode while browsing serverlist? Is there a way to deactivate this?
It's a little bit annoying on 3 screens (matrox th2g - 3840x1024). Fullscreenmode is perfect to view, all information on center screen except for serverlist. Window for serverlist is stretched over all 3 screens

switching the option windowed mode off before clicking display server list should do...
Yes, but it is annoying that it resets to windowed mode on after every patch.
Quote from Bob Smith :Yes, but it is annoying that it resets to windowed mode on after every patch.

i play in windowed mode anway, so it doesnt affect me, but +1 anyway
Quote from Bob Smith :Yes, but it is annoying that it resets to windowed mode on after every patch.

Still it's better than the alternative (if you have a crappy software firewall that keeps record of hashes of the programs accessing internet) locking up the computer.
Quote from csurdongulos :switching the option windowed mode off before clicking display server list should do...

Thx - didn't expected this option on that screen :doh:
I fear there are some more "hidden options" for me to find ...
start lag
im not sure if this has been notised already but is the start lag increased since test patches? or is it just me. And if it is caused by test patches then could it be fixed in future. i find it irritating when you have no time to react if the guy infront of you desides not to move when lights go green.
Quote from hannu :im not sure if this has been notised already but is the start lag increased since test patches? or is it just me. And if it is caused by test patches then could it be fixed in future. i find it irritating when you have no time to react if the guy infront of you desides not to move when lights go green.

Hopefully we'll get non-locked starts soon. Once that happens there should be no start lag.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Hopefully we'll get non-locked starts soon. Once that happens there should be no start lag.

Does that mean everyone starts whenever they want and if they drive off before the lights go green they get a penalty? I think it would be nice like that... a bit of extra adrenaline to make the start just right, no?
Quote from K.David :Does that mean everyone starts whenever they want and if they drive off before the lights go green they get a penalty? I think it would be nice like that... a bit of extra adrenaline to make the start just right, no?

:lovies3d:
Quote from K.David :Does that mean everyone starts whenever they want and if they drive off before the lights go green they get a penalty? I think it would be nice like that... a bit of extra adrenaline to make the start just right, no?

That's the idea. It's been requested many times and we know it's possible. Kegetys even made a mod that allowed it to work (though it was never released). I don't know if this is a priority for Scawen, but I sure hope it is. It should fix the start lag in addition to being a great feature in it's own right.

However; this feature would probably have to be done after the clutch model is fixed (my own personal #1 request).
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG