The online racing simulator
Flo : He means you can click the setting again so no setting is selected. Not that "none" is selected.

Playlife : That is intentional. When no setting is selected, it means "not specified" so the look setting copies the main setting.
Quote from ksa_land :It seems that the cracklings often appear when e.g. in cockpit view the other cars sound appears or disappears (when you and the other car are side by side --> watch 3rd video)

Note: I know issuses with sound cracklings where posted before and you don't want posts about things you already know. But I didn't read a post about cracklings in U30. So I hope my posts are ok.

Thanks. I am still working on sound and I will investigate what happens when a nearby car sound goes into and out of range. And I will listen closely for any more crackles that I can find.
i get crackling also with U30 normally i don't notice it
but if there are lots of cars near me it starts not
extreme but a gentle continuous crackling...

car sound is on 8 if i remember right and echo/wind is at 1.5
i tried to raise the sound lag from .10 to .15 but that didn't really help

soundcard is a SB live audio
As i said before in the thread, people with audigys can't really expect lfs to cure their card when not even creative can. its been a well known issue for years. Thats not to say that these cant be 2 separate issues. Just that reports from audigys should be taken with a huge grain of salt.
http://www.google.pt/search?q= ... cial&client=firefox-a
I got these two crashes with 0.5U30:

9f108
9f222

Are they suspicious (hardware)? I thought my computer was stable.
Attached images
lfs-crash-0.5u30-0009f222.png
well i just installed patch 30 raced then hlaf way through it thought i was in the pits then i got pit messages saying stop and go ect and i was not in the pits.
when i have the view of just the wheels i set the mirror in the center of the screen (is it virtual?). BUT, sometimes i like to use the view behind the car "depending on the car" but the mirror is not there anymore so i cant see who is coming up behind me. and breathe
Quote :well i just installed patch 30 raced then hlaf way through it thought i was in the pits then i got pit messages saying stop and go ect and i was not in the pits.

I believe I announced on server chat why you got those penalties. Please have more respect for cars around you, try not to use so many of them instead of brakes and have respect for cars next to you on the track. You where awarded several penalties for poor driving. This was not a bug in the program code.
Dunno if it is a patch related problem, but we yesterday played on lan, and one guy always turned into a "lag", meaning he couldn't see us moving and vice versa.
After pressing Shift+F8 (yay, i remembered network debug) there was a steady stream of the message "TcpErTime - [number]" (or something similar, I don't remeber the exact text) and the number was steadily increasing (only on his PC).
If that problem isn't patch-related, feel free to move it to "bugs", I just thought it could be a patch thingy, because I never experienced it before.
Versions used: Server U30, clients U30 (didn't work with U29 either)
I think the soundcrackling in U30 comes if one conect to the server or join the race! But maybe im wrong!

Asus A7N8X-Rev2Delux (Soundstorm on board, 5.1 in XP-Config and Medusa)

PS: I made a Momo-Profile with shift+W on my wheel
I got a black screen after exiting normally today. I joined 2 servers as admin, set them up, alt tabbed in and out a couple of times, exited, then I had a mouse cursor, and could do things but couldn't see them - I had to run a command window and make it full screen before I was able to see anything beyond the mouse.
Quote from GrandlHuber :I think the soundcrackling in U30 comes if one conect to the server or join the race! But maybe im wrong!

I also hear crackling, but I don't think it has anything to do with connecting or joining. It also occurs when racing against AI, and is most noticeable in lap 1, in the run up to T1. (In other words, when there are many cars nearby.)

I don't remember hearing crackling in patch U.
Quote from Blowtus :I got a black screen after exiting normally today. I joined 2 servers as admin, set them up, alt tabbed in and out a couple of times, exited, then I had a mouse cursor, and could do things but couldn't see them - I had to run a command window and make it full screen before I was able to see anything beyond the mouse.

Don't use Alt-Tab but Shift-F4 instead...?
Alt-Tab seems to do evil things, Scawen is preaching that since quite a while now.
Quote from AndroidXP :Don't use Alt-Tab but Shift-F4 instead...

Like thats a solution for everything If Alt+Tab is implemented then it should work properly. It also needs to be fixed in time
Well, you don't "implement" Alt-Tab. It's just there, if you want it or not. Apparently using Alt-Tab doesn't send any useful messages to LFS, so Scawen said he has problems doing anything about it, as he doesn't know when an Alt-Tab happened. Or something like that
the ability to alt-tab is worth the occasional blank screen to me Only happened a few times recently, so naturally I suspect something in the test patches.
Quote from Blowtus :I got a black screen after exiting normally today. I joined 2 servers as admin, set them up, alt tabbed in and out a couple of times, exited, then I had a mouse cursor, and could do things but couldn't see them - I had to run a command window and make it full screen before I was able to see anything beyond the mouse.

I had this happening while running a Java application in the background.
After I updated recently to the latest JRE it stopped happening so I put it down to a problematic JRE installation on my end and thus never reported it as a "bug". As I recall I had this happening even before the recent test patches.

To get my desktop back when that was happening I'd either lock the workstation and unlock (win+Space) or just ctrl-alt-del and then Cancel (the latter is quicker to do).
anyone here raced u30 with g25 on vista?
with everything same driverwise and configuration as in xp, under vista, u30 only produces a very simplified ff. almost like centering spring only. no holes, bumps etc.
rc2 with latest logitech driver for g25.
i have no idea if its lfs fault or the logitech driver...
There's a good chance LFS isn't producing ANY forces and you just feel the logitech driver induced centering spring. Or does the "center" of the centering spring change during driving? Maybe you need to set spring effects to a higher value?
Blackwood Rev "Left Pit Lane" bug
*Not a bug*

Missing "Left Pit Lane" text on Blackwood Rev after upgrade to U30.
I have tested this on a new installation too before upgrade it works fine and when i upgrade to U30 it's gone again...
Quote from almightyscawen :Changes from U20 to U25 :

[....]

Removed text "LEFT pit lane" and "ENTERED pit lane"

Uhum.
Shift-F4 not working
just a minor inconvenience: Whenever i just installed a new patch and start it for the first time, zone alarm recognizes the altered program and comes up with a pop-up. Unfortunately when i forget to minimize the LFS window before selecting hotlapping, lfs stops and i cant get to the ZA window, no shift f4, no alt tab, no clicking on desktop (on the second monitor). The only way to move forward is to send the pc to standy and switch on again....

Dont know if it was that way with previous versions.

Apart from that, cheers for the u30 version. it seems to me that i have much better fps than with u28 on my ageing system
Well, zonealarm should only make something pop up if you click something in the Multiplayer screen (or if you watch a replay and it wants to download skins). Not in hotlapping.

Also, the new patches are supposed to automatically go into a window the first time you connect to the internet (they set "window while connecting" ON for this reason).

Anyway, when the zonealarm window pops up, there is nothing LFS can do about it, that window has stopped LFS from running until you answer zonealarm. Anyway, maybe you can use ALT+TAB to get to the zonealarm window?
Quote from herki :Dunno if it is a patch related problem, but we yesterday played on lan, and one guy always turned into a "lag", meaning he couldn't see us moving and vice versa.
After pressing Shift+F8 (yay, i remembered network debug) there was a steady stream of the message "TcpErTime - [number]" (or something similar, I don't remeber the exact text) and the number was steadily increasing (only on his PC).
If that problem isn't patch-related, feel free to move it to "bugs", I just thought it could be a patch thingy, because I never experienced it before.
Versions used: Server U30, clients U30 (didn't work with U29 either)

That sounds like the person who got the lag problem has an extremely serious timer problem, that is more than the LFS timer correction can deal with. That means, more than 5 ms per second (i.e. bad - one second every 3 minutes or 7 minutes a day).

You could prove this by running your computer and his in single player mode, restart race at the samne time then watch the "total" time. One of them will gradually drift ahead in time compared with the other.
Quote from ellis_dee :j...lfs stops and i cant get to the ZA window, no shift f4, no alt tab, no clicking on desktop (on the second monitor). The only way to move forward is to send the pc to standy and switch on again....

If all else fails, try ALT + F4.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG