The online racing simulator
I guess the only thing that would help is trying to find out in which exact U test patch this lag problem started to show up.
I don't think I have all the test patches so I can't check, although if someone would post them I wouldn't mind doing it.

I have U7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19 were there any before that?

Edit:
It's U16. Of course there is still start lag with the earlier patches, but with U16 onwards the start lag is 10 times worse.
Quote from sinbad :Must admit, I've found the start lags worse recently, I'm also using the test patch.
Here's an example, try watching it from onboard with patch U and then with patch U19.

Thanks for the replay which made it easy to reproduce. I have fixed this bug in my version.

It's not really start lag, it's just that for one second, the other cars will not appear to move and are likely to vanish (due to a small mistake in some code I added around that time). It's not really lag, though it does look like it.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the replay which made it easy to reproduce. I have fixed this bug in my version

fancy doing the same to our versions?
Scawen prolly has like 400 real cars and NOS in his version... :P

J.B. You can change your FO8 script to instead of invoking /run paddle to run /run sequential or if you please, /run shifter
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
J.B. You can change your FO8 script to instead of invoking /run paddle to run /run sequential or if you please, /run shifter

Sure, I know. Just thought I'd mention it for the sake of accuracy.
Scripts are only suggestions, that is why they are customizable
Yes but there still is a reason why paddles are suggested for the BF1 and sequential for the FOX.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the replay which made it easy to reproduce. I have fixed this bug in my version.

It's not really start lag, it's just that for one second, the other cars will not appear to move and are likely to vanish (due to a small mistake in some code I added around that time). It's not really lag, though it does look like it.

Thankyou.
Quote from Scawen :
FIX : Reverse driving in hotlapping mode now invalidates HLVC

Is it possible to invalidate only the EXACT lap with reverse driving, but NOT the NEXT lap?
That will save the ability to warm up tyres freely, but cheater's hotlaps on 2-split tracks will be still impossible.
Why don't you just drive one lap and then the hotlap?
Quote from GeForz :Why don't you just drive one lap and then the hotlap?

Look at the XRT@BL1 WR replay. This kind of tyre warming is almost impossible with new HLVC system. So hotlapper have to overheat tyres and then drive slow lap to achieve appropriate temperature. This is only one example.

And, as it was told later, many of the current WR's are not valid hotlaps according to new system. But they are valid according to the system i offered.
AttaHorse, its still no good practice to simply drive the whole way backwards and then forwards again just to heat up your tyres. Try doing that on a regular racetrack, and you will earn a lifetime ban.

Simply drive one lap to warm up your tyres and one for the hotlap. and yes, you will need to adjust your setup for not overheating your tyres. But I think simply increasing your tyre pressure a bit is not this much to do.

Just my 2 cents.
serverlist filters
Great work with the patches I hope this is the right place to post.

Would be great if the "name" and "ping" ect filter buttons would reverse server order when clicked a 2nd time (ie a-z then 2nd clik z-a)

it would save alot of scroling

Thanks

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :Great work with the patches I hope this is the right place to post.

Would be great if the "name" and "ping" ect filter buttons would reverse server order when clicked a 2nd time (ie a-z then 2nd clik z-a)

With that little neat arrow (triangle) by the "Name", indicating ascending or descending sort, right? Even without that I love the sort feature, well done!
Quote from GeForz :Why don't you just drive one lap and then the hotlap?

Or tyres which have race temperature at the beginning of the hotlap
Or just start hotlapping and qualifying in the pits - the ONLY sensible way to do it.
I have to agree in this last one, Q always starts in the pits, not with all cars magically placed around the track.
I think it is a good idea to start qualifying from the pits
I agree, hotlapping and qualifying should start from the pits. It would be the first step in the direction to make the race setups/management look less arcadey.
I think that with the new marshalls, when pitting having them "be there" would be quite neat, even just for show, so all the pit boxes have marshalls there (user on/off for FPS maybe) then once pit-work is done, the pit guys put their arms up and the front guy "goes away".

Spitballing, but could turn out well, looked quite neat too just doing it with a layout.
Agree with the quali starting from the pits, but still can´t really see point doing it in hotlapping mode also, theres no need, just waste of time.
Quote from Jonesy_ :Agree with the quali starting from the pits, but still can´t really see point doing it in hotlapping mode also, theres no need, just waste of time.

I guess you dont show up magically in the middle of the track in real life when making hotlap.That would be the most obvious reason for that.

Is this a hotlaping game or simulator of real racing.Think about it a bit.
Sorry for another unsufual post here though.
Devil: You also don't magically pop up in a car. And the engine doesn't magically start. And the ignition doesn't magically come on. And the car doesn't magically appear in the pits. And you don't magically own several race-cars.

Actually, this is a game, you know?

[Edit] Oh, nearly forgot it:

Vain
I support the idea of starting qual from pits.

(but it needs modifying AI...)
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG