The online racing simulator
Quote from isamoretto :

im dont a monkey please edit your post because im not make a offense for you

good..I play the more than one year yes, and who ordered for this topic my illustrious friend, FÁBIO " whose was the first to turn 1:31:94 in the old patch was, and ever since he has this bug in the tire, that is ridiculous a tire for earth to walk more than a tire for asphalt.

which your time of XFG in BL?
I play at a long time.
whose my position this in 32°

how interesting.
so you just decide to just complain about something you haven't even paid for in 7 topics posting the same message? you're so smart!

I'm not saying you're a monkey, the banana is a reference to a BANana, get it?
And no I'm not going to edit my post. I'm not going to say anything anymore to further pollute this topic and leave it up to the moderators to clean up the mess you left on the forum.

Quote :
I removed mine...now arrange yours

and I only spoke..for us to really see this bug, that still has in the patch T

You don't have to repeat your comment in 7 threads using supersized blue text for someone to notice your complaint. In fact, even when using normal text ONE time is enough.
This is a thread about test patches. Your comments do not belong in this thread. Changes to tyres make patches incompatible, so they will NOT be in a test patch.
In fact, it doesn't belong in the other 6 threads you posted in either. How on earth would you think it belongs in a thread about controllers or clocks and time format?
Quote from joen :how interesting.
so you just decide to just complain about something you haven't even paid for in 7 topics posting the same message? you're so smart!

I'm not saying you're a monkey, the banana is a reference to a BANana, get it?
And no I'm not going to edit my post. I'm not going to say anything anymore to further pollute this topic and leave it up to the moderators to clean up the mess you left on the forum.

I removed mine...now arrange yours

and I only spoke..for us to really see this bug, that still has in the patch T
ok. excuse...I will repair my mistakes....
don't only call me noob
I can have the license demo, but I know how to play
Quote from Hallen :+1
I am having more problems with this now with the U# patches than I used to with older versions. Now that could be because the wheel is getting worse, or LFS has become more sensitive to it. It's probably the wheel. Yet I know several other racers who have problems with this and it seems that a simple short sleep after each gear change would solve the problem. But what do I know?

My skips are pretty much always just one extra gear and mostly on gear up, not gear down.

I haven't had any problems in any of the test patches, but my wheel is reasonably new. I have a feeling you guys that are having a problem with this are doing so because of hardware that's getting old and worn out.

Scawen is a nice guy, but I don't think it's reasonable to ask him to code a fix for a hardware problem (assuming that's what it is). Can this be worked around using the script system, perhaps? That would save him some coding, yet still fix your issue.
Quote from isamoretto :"Please fix the bug with tires. Hibrids tires are more fast that normal tires in tarmac with GTI. Its is one absurd !!! Live for Speed is the only simulator that have this. I never see one race car with mud/normal tires having better performance in tarmac that one car with real tarmac tires."

It's not a bug. Road super are road tyres, for a road car. They can last many thousands of miles of driving at high speeds.

The hybrids are racing tyres for rallycross cars, designed to have great grip on mud or road, and last for just a few races. It's not surprising that a racing tyre has more grip than a tyre for road cars.
True, but I also think a hybrid tire would have more grooves/blocks than a performance "road super" or normal tire. It is just the fact that you are using a dirt/rally tire for normal road racing, and in most cases just to exploit the use of them on the rears of FWD cars. That is what puts people off about this.

Even if it isn't a bug, there has got to be some way to return to norm with using the usual road tires. Sorry if OT.
I've just spent half an hour removing two pages of general off topic discussions and unrelated suggestions which have little to do with this test patch. This thread is NOT a request for suggestions, and it is not a thread to have conversations about off-topic suggestions. We have a whole forum section for that.

Improvement suggestions forum : http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8

This thread is to report problems with the test patch. I am now spending at least half an hour every day cleaning up this thread, and I don't really have that much time spare. So I will now close this thread, until the next test patch is released.

Thank you everyone who made relevant comments about test patch U19. I have enough to go on now, and that's why it's ok to close this thread until U20 is released.
U20 pre-test (exe only)
Hello. Because of the online cheat, which we now know how to fix, I have prepared a test patch U20 a bit earlier than expected. The plan is to release this today (and fix the online cheating at the same time) but while I get all the files and cheat protection ready, I thought it would be a good idea to let some of you pre-test U20, just in case there is a serious bug.

[ EDIT : removed some text and the exe to avoid confusion, as U20 is now the current test patch ]

- Improved replay selection screen, added delete, rename and info
- FIX : 1 second delay at start of race before remote cars moved
- Keys Y/N (yes/no) now work on the replay skins download screen
- Added 4 more characters to the 3g_ob_xxxxx translation strings
- Added 4 more characters to the 3g_x_mile_x and similar strings
#609 - Don
looks good
havent notice any bug
Same here ,no problemo
I have tried getting weird things to happen, but fortunately I was unsuccessful No problem found.
Thanks so much for the improved replay screen!
Scawen:
Looks like I'm the first to encounter a small problem. I was racing on the D-R-T server I passed several others (I belive) but the thing is I passed LAG messages not cars. I've attached the replay of this race, it happend on the end of the 5th lap and a minute into the 6th lap... or maybe not, mpr file is too large, I'm uploading it to my site right now... file coming soon.

--

Start "lag" is gone... great work! (Though I did have an accident in the start, wasn't paying attention to the cars was looking for the "lag").

--

And 1 more thing, last night after I finished a race and went to windowed mode to browse the web to wait for the race to restart. While I was getting ready to enter the game again the LFS window turned black, I still had sound and all controls left, tried to go to full screen, problem still there. Went back to windowed mode and still black screen. I had to exit the game by pressing the Window exit button.
I do not know if this is related to anything in LFS or the test patches (U19 in this case), could as well be a problem with my computer, or simply another bug in Windows, just wanted to let you know that there could be some kind of problem when going from window to full screen while doing. other things with the computer.

--

Ok, the upload is ready, it's a little over 3 MB, contains the entire race, the laps are end of 5th and begining of 6th.
Replay

Just a NOTE: I don't know if the replay can show the problem or not, but I should have passed a few other cars during this time, well, something was wrong then I drove anyway.

(Oh and sorry for my crappy driving, my wheel don't agree with me how to drive fast. I am looking for a new wheel)

--

Now when I have seen the replay myself, I can see a problem, when I got to turn 1 (180 turn), I passed a lag-marker while driving, in the replay this didn't happen. In the replay you can see that someone crashes into the tires at the harpin, I did NOT, see any of this while driving myself, no one was infront of me. Wierdest thing I've ever seen.
Everything seems to work.

Maybe the "OK" button could say "Play" (replay screen) :hide:
It's not a programmatical bug, but it's a bit of a design bug (always subjective), there's a lot of screen real estate between the most recent replay (the one I reckon we're most likely to go looking for) and the Okay button. It would make more sense, to me, to have the Okay (or Play) button top right rather than bottom left, OR the ability to double-click on a replay's name to start it.

I've poked and prodded and can't find any program bugs/odd behaviours
Thanks for the comments!

DanneDA : I really think that strange lag thing will not be anything to do with the new patch. It's probably just coincidence. Of course I would change my mind about that if you said that happens every time (or often) with U20 and never with any other patch... Anyway I will be looking into vanishing cars some more in future. I hope other people have tested online and it seems ok?

SamH : I agree the replay screen could be improved. It's now a case of putting it up just as it is right now, as we believe we can stop the cheat. The only versions that will be valid are S, T, U, U19 and U20. U19 has that start line bug so that's why U20 is important. There are also a lot of fixes and compatible requests already noted that are still planned for the test patches, but couldn't make it in time for U20.
U20 Dedi
no problems here
Great, been waiting for replay renaming and deleting quite a while, seems to work alright.
No issues here so far. (non-dedi)
lapped online with u20 just fine.
Tested a bit online, works fine, no problems; goodbye lag at the start-grid!!!
Thanks again for the testing! :up:

I have now changed the first post to make U20 the current test patch.
And the updated cheat protection has now been implemented.

Test patches up to U18 are no longer compatible.
S, T, U, U19, U20 are all compatible and cheat protected.

Again may I request NO more requests here!
I've got a long list of compatible updates to do for U21, etc.
Please only report problems or very on-topic information on this thread.

Thanks!
Hi.

Is this right...

I had U19 from the last update, now some 350+ servers pop up with the wrong version of LFS on there.. Your last post says U19 is compatable, tell me what other information to provide and ill provide it.

id post screenshots, but its only repeating the things here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=11603

Im somewhat confused, but thanks in advance.
k any cheaters around that could test this thing?

thanks Scawen i hope this one works as it should
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG