The online racing simulator
quali from the pits would be really great. But I can already see the wreckers who try to let nobody leave the pitlaneillepall
Quote from Vain :Devil: You also don't magically pop up in a car. And the engine doesn't magically start. And the ignition doesn't magically come on. And the car doesn't magically appear in the pits. And you don't magically own several race-cars.

Touche'

I would absolutely love it if we had to start our own cars before going on track. This is one thing that nK actually does right (though, they REALLY need hot keys in that damn game. Clicking on the screen is a pain). Combine that with a first person mode and you could even have Le Mans style starts!

I think that eventually we'll see sims evolve to the point that you can pull your car out of the trailer and into the pits. Your guys will go about their duties prepping the car, you can drive out and do your testing or qualifying. Later you'll have to drive out and get in the proper place on the grid. Eventually we'll probably get that level of immersion. For now, every little thing we can add helps. Starting in the pits with the engine off is a good start.
and u magically dont need to piss. and u magically have no intestinal problems. and magically u dont need deal with death. and magically you are inside a game, without having to deal with real life annoyances.
Quote from Vain :Devil: You also don't magically pop up in a car. And the engine doesn't magically start. And the ignition doesn't magically come on. And the car doesn't magically appear in the pits. And you don't magically own several race-cars.

Actually, this is a game, you know?

[Edit] Oh, nearly forgot it:

Vain

Sorry but you dont have to flame me.Seems you missing the point but if you like to arguing that way I am not joining this conversation.

Actually, this is a game, you know?

[Edit] Oh, nearly forgot it:

Vain

i agree!
hotlapping is a thing on its own and should start as it does now and maybe let us customize the starting temp of the tyres; qualify i agree that should behave as in real life, even thou i prefer the way it's now.

said that...please guys and gals (i include myself) don't use this thread to chat or discuss, this is the thread scawen uses to organize his work, it's easy to forget, but let's make an effort to remember...
Agree Honey.I am really not sure how I deserved such a comment from Vain.I was just toward as much realism as possible nothing else.

back to topic.
Scawen,
are you going to add the roll option also to the custom views?

Also in SHIFT+U mode there are 2 camera options.One which have max hight like 2.6m and the second one with 30m.ITs fun to use the second option especially for taking screenshots or videos but the minimal FOV is then very limitting.If it could go up to like 6 degree then it would be really more usefull.Hope you can understand me.I was not sure how to better describe it.
#582 - Don
i remember the lowest fov being 40, then 20 and then 12 ..and i guess 12 is really the minimum to go, below this value, there might appear some problems with textures IMHO. These appear already in 12 sometimes.

But i`d like to control the speed of the zoom keys..because "slow zoom in/out" isnt slow enough and "fast zoom in/out" isnt fast enough. Also zooming could be much nicer with some smoothing
Hmm...never saw something weird looking.Can you point me toward right direction what is getting corrupted exactly?
If its proved it realy cant go lower then its not problem for me.

Yeh the zooming function could be more precise.I would like to have the ability to map zoom function to wheel on my mouse in LFS.
When pressing 'n' to bring up the connections list, next to 'Connections' there could be the number of connections to the server, like 6/23. And it would also be nice to see the name of the server because I often forget it and it's not always written as the admin name.
Requests :
  • Pit Lane In/Out Event.
  • Break Press Event (If we don't have one).
  • Accel Press Event (If we don't have one).
  • Abblilty to use the BF1's F08's rear red light as a command.
Quote from Dygear :Requests :
  • Pit Lane In/Out Event.
  • Break Press Event (If we don't have one).
  • Accel Press Event (If we don't have one).
  • Abblilty to use the BF1's F08's rear red light as a command.

Do you mean to start out of pits for hotlaps and quali with the Pit lane IN/Out Event? In this case I would agree, yes that should be the way to do it (as discussed several posts above)

But I don't understand what Break Press Event and Accel Press Event means.
he means scripts triggered by these events
I agree to start Q in the pits too. But not HotLapping

+1
uh oh, i run LFS in either windowed or normal mode and i get "LFS.exe encountered an error

Would you like to send an error report?"

after a few mins
Quote from Jakg :uh oh, i run LFS in either windowed or normal mode and i get "LFS.exe encountered an error

Would you like to send an error report?"

after a few mins

Try extracting a fresh install to a different directory and see if it does the same thing. You may just have a corrupt file.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Try extracting a fresh install to a different directory and see if it does the same thing. You may just have a corrupt file.

damn it always used to work!
hmmmm, just replaced the .exe with a fresh U19 one and it did it again
My guess is that either your download is corrupted or something else is causing the problem (video driver, background task, etc). If you look in the Windows Event Viewer you should be able to get more information about the crash (Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer).

What changed between the time it was working and now? If you extract whatever test patch you were using previously (U18?) does it work or crash? If U18 works, then it could be a corrupt download or a valid bug.
Scawen,

Would it be possible in a compatible patch to add a delay for the next shift so that it wouldn't double shift? I am having major problems with this right now. I went from 2nd gear to 5th with 1 press of my shift button.

I'm out of money so I can't buy a new wheel... so it would be great if something like this could be implented...
Scawen,
would be there possible to be able to switch off/on certain parts of the HUD and not everything with SHIFT+F.

Also on screen display with exact amount of fuel would be very usefull instead of the gauge on the left.Maybe to add option like is digital/analog speedo.
+1
I am having more problems with this now with the U# patches than I used to with older versions. Now that could be because the wheel is getting worse, or LFS has become more sensitive to it. It's probably the wheel. Yet I know several other racers who have problems with this and it seems that a simple short sleep after each gear change would solve the problem. But what do I know?

My skips are pretty much always just one extra gear and mostly on gear up, not gear down.

Quote from DanneDA :Scawen,

Would it be possible in a compatible patch to add a delay for the next shift so that it wouldn't double shift? I am having major problems with this right now. I went from 2nd gear to 5th with 1 press of my shift button.

I'm out of money so I can't buy a new wheel... so it would be great if something like this could be implented...

"Please fix the bug with tires. Hibrids tires are more fast that normal tires in tarmac with GTI. Its is one absurd !!! Live for Speed is the only simulator that have this. I never see one race car with mud/normal tires having better performance in tarmac that one car with real tarmac tires."
Come again ?
So, you crawled out of your hole to make your first post and this is it?
Use normal text please, there's no need to do this. And you're not really in a position to demand anything being a demo user for at least a year and all. You're getting this stuff for free you prick.

edit: ah, spamming the same bullshit in other threads too. Are you mentally challenged?
I suspect a banana is coming to get you.
Quote from joen :So, you crawled out of your hole to make your first post and this is it?
Use normal text please, there's no need to do this. And you're not really in a position to demand anything being a demo user for at least a year and all. You're getting this stuff for free you prick.

edit: ah, spamming the same bullshit in other threads too. Are you mentally challenged?
I suspect a banana is coming to get you.

im not a monkey please edit your post because im not make a offense for you

good..I play the more than one year yes, and who ordered for this topic my illustrious friend, FÁBIO " whose was the first to turn 1:31:94 in the old patch was, and ever since he has this bug in the tire, that is ridiculous a tire for earth to walk more than a tire for asphalt.

which your time of XFG in BL?
I play at a long time.
whose my position this in 32°
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG