The online racing simulator
names over cars.
Yes, just press N.
Commands.txt updated
1) Added the function names for /button and /key commands.

2) Added the function names for /axis and /invert commands.

3) Added the parameters for the key commands (press / ctrl / shift).

4) Removed section "Host settings commands" and merged its contents (/vote /select /cars) into "Commands with a parameter - any time".

[ EDIT : removed the Commands.txt attachment - now supplied in the test patches ]
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :names over cars.

Quote from Scawen :Yes, just press N.

increased distance at which the names are still visible would be nice
Update U17
New track selection screen :
- Allows track browsing before load
- Configs and weather are translatable

New path draw for game setup screen and in game
Roll function added to SHIFT+U free camera mode
TV camera, CTRL + arrow keys change zoom and roll
When first run, LFS defaults to desktop screen resolution
Updated Commands.txt document (parameters for new functions)

FIX : Reverse driving in hotlapping mode now invalidates HLVC
FIX : Mandatory pit stop is now not allowed to be on final lap
FIX : A player in pits could be forced to spectate at end of race

NOTE : Translatable text updated

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9869
WOW! Love the track selection screen. So much better than just numbers, thanks for that. The other changes are noticable too, appreciated. Thanks.
I love the new track selection screen, good improvement in looks and usability
Nice to see you took the ideas of users into account
Track selection screen is very very nice.
I love U17, thank you Scawen.

One thing about the cameras tho, the new roll function is great and gives a new kick for movie making, but would it be possible to have a button that locks a shift+u camera in to a car? I mean you go in to shift+u, move the camera (freelook) somewhere on the track, click a button which makes the camera focus on the closest car for example? So that it would act like an trackside TV-camera which you can position yourself. While the shift+u camera would be tracking the car, you'd have the zoom and roll controls available manually.

It would make movie making a lot easier and nicer because you wouldn't have to try to follow the car manually with your mouse and it's often too jerky to be done properly.

*Edit
And a big WOW at the new track selection screen.
The camera roll is BLISS!! THANKyou!! OMG OMG OMG etc!!

The track selection is excellent too. Very smart indeed, and a heck of a lot faster to negotiate, with loads of information right there on the screen. Great stuff!

I hate to lunge in with another request on the heels of such a ruddy good patch.. it's one I've made before, but I don't know if it's ever got noticed:-

When right-clicking and panning, in Shift+U mode, the pan is limited by the cursor (invisible) hitting the edge of the screen. I use a trackball for Shift+U stuff, and it would really be useful if the right-click pan was detatched from the mouse, so that a full 360+ sweep was possible. At the moment, at 1280x960, I can do about 230 degrees before I have to lift off right-click, spin the invisible cursor to the other side of the screen, and go again. It'd really help for tracking action, if it were possible.

Thanks again for a rocking update!
nice patch.

but i need a back to default button for the zoom and roll thing.
/me LOVES the track selection screen!
I can only think of one thing. The reverse whilst hotlapping only takes effect when top speed (in reverse) is reached. Is this a bug or a feature? Either way, it stops another exploit.
This is a really stupid question and i am probably doing something wrong but how can i roll the camera? When i am in Shift+U mode i can see the Roll slider but i cant move it.?
Edit: If i use CTRL + <- or -> it works but only up to +/- 1°.
Quote from Highsider9 :This is a really stupid question and i am probably doing something wrong but how can i roll the camera? When i am in Shift+U mode i can see the Roll slider but i cant move it.?
Edit: If i use CTRL + <- or -> it works but only up to +/- 1°.

Press spacebar.
#366 - Don
i love the roll function but dont like the track selection screen

found a "bugs" -
- at KYOTO the weathers "Cloudy afternoon" and "Cloudy morning" have flipped lighting - so the AFTERNOON weather has morning lighting and MORNING weather has afternoon lighting

- the roll slider in SHIFT U doesnt work. If you use CTRL+ arrow keys it rolls only by +/- 2° (but if you press spacebar it works)

- when you have the keys/sliders hidden and roll the cam, press spacebar to display the keys/sliders and the roll gets reset to 0.
omg, wasnt sure if that roll was what the name suggested but it made me grind very wide
Quote from Don :- when you have the keys/sliders hidden and roll the cam, press spacebar to display the keys/sliders and the roll gets reset to 0.

It only gets reset to 0 if you have "place objects" switched on. Tell me if I'm wrong but that's the intention.
Quote from Scawen :New path draw for game setup screen and in game

what exactly does that mean ?

Quote from Scawen :It only gets reset to 0 if you have "place objects" switched on. Tell me if I'm wrong but that's the intention.

ah so that why it doesnt work ... i dont quite see the logic in it but not that it really matters

btw i love that you can pan the camera up horizontally now in shift u with the view that goes up to 40m
"FIX : Mandatory pit stop is now not allowed to be on final lap"
"FIX : A player in pits could be forced to spectate at end of race"

Great :-D
Quote from Shotglass :what exactly does that mean ?

Probably the track layout drawing, for the new setup screen and .. in game?

There were new .pth-files, too!
Hmm well how about adding independent center reduction for each axis?
or at least for brake and throttle.. it would be very nice feature to have although most people haven't even thought about it
A prob with the new track screen & finnish lang:

See attachment, the first weather option should be:
Täysin pilvinen Iltapäivä
(3g_wth_over Overcast (Täysin pilvinen) + 3g_dt_after Afternoon (Iltapäivä)

But it actually is:
Täysin pilvinen IltapäivValoisa Aamu
3g_wth_over Overcast (Täysin pilvine) + 3g_dt_after Afternoon (Iltapäivä) + 3g_wth_clea Clear (Valoisa) + 3g_dt_morni Morning (Aamu)

If I shorten 3g_wth_over Overcast 2 chars to Täysin pilvin (that's incorrect) the string changes to the correctish
Täysin pilvin Iltapäivä
3g_wth_over Overcast (Täysin pilvinen) + 3g_dt_after Afternoon (Iltapäivä)

Something fishy going on there....
Here's the latest lang file http://www.liveforspeed.net/lf ... amp;which=&lang=Suomi
Attached images
lfs-track-screen-prob.jpg
Quote from marcione :nice patch.

but i need a back to default button for the zoom and roll thing.

I assume you are talking about the zoom and roll in the TV cameras (not SHIFT+U mode).

If you press both arrow keys (up+down OR left+right) while holding CTRL, it returns to default position.
Quote from Krane :...
See attachment, the first weather option should be:
Täysin pilvinen Iltapäivä
(3g_wth_over Overcast (Täysin pilvinen) + 3g_dt_after Afternoon (Iltapäivä)

But it actually is:
Täysin pilvinen IltapäivValoisa Aamu...

Looks like I didn't allow enough buffer space for the combined text strings. I recommend you just add the correct strings, as they should be, and the next exe I upload will display them properly.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG