The online racing simulator
Quote from SiL-X :Hmm... I have this ctd now in every race!
Sometimes at start, sometimes in race... After a second or 5mins...

I does this Memtest an he find 2 Errors. Dunno what i can do!
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9998

Hi Scawen,Victor,
sorry for this not reply related to this topic but I am just trying to help.

Sil-X...please read my reply in your main thread your created for your problem.
U14. Open Kyoto Ring Long, bright clear in single player mode. Start a training session, then end race and exit from LFS. Then start LFS again. The weather will change to cloudy.
Quote from Stone Temple Pilots :Hello people!

I want just noticed that when you got more than 5 or 6 nicknames in Players menu, the selection of players is mistaken for some reason. Could somebody confirm this bug?
Also I´m having problems with shift+u mode when race restart, this already was posted by sparkyDave and happened with me too.

Beyond the scripts, this patch is very good in handling of keyboard, i think that keyboard sample frequency was increased.

Somebody knows about if some script can be enable when pits or go to garage?

Congratulations Scawen
Regards

I'm pretty sure that it didn't change anything with keyboard, the only thing that may have affected you was resetting controller options .
Maybe Scawen changed one of the default values for button control rate, steer rate, or whatever. You should tweak them manually though, as they are very important
how about an option to change tyre types when you pit before the race(in garage menus) like you can do with fuel?
Attached images
example.jpg
Quote : Start new game with no track selected goes to select track

If you click on Multiplayer -> Start new game with no track selected, it goes to the track screen. After selecting the track it goes back and you have to click the Start new game button again.

It would be good if it went straight into the Start new game screen, similar to the way it just loads the game in Single player.

Thanks,
Kommiene.
as NESrules already said, /spectate username doesnt work anymore. /spec username also doesnt help

also i would like to see:
a option to disable restart/trackchange votes during qualify
a option to disable restart/trackchange votes during race

a longer time for qualify than 60 mins (for example 24 hours)
- could require:
lfs kicks out slowest laps out of the timelist
lfs kicks times out of players which have been disconnected since xx minutes (variable)
Quote from RasKK :as NESrules already said, /spectate username doesnt work anymore. /spec username also doesnt help

also i would like to see:
a option to disable restart/trackchange votes during qualify
a option to disable restart/trackchange votes during race

a longer time for qualify than 60 mins (for example 24 hours)
- could require:
lfs kicks out slowest laps out of the timelist
lfs kicks times out of players which have been disconnected since xx minutes (variable)

Not multiplayer compatible, so this is not the place for it.
*deleted*
Quote from Turb0 :how about an option to change tyre types when you pit before the race(in garage menus) like you can do with fuel?

In multiplayer games, you can change your tyre type before you pit with the F12 menu. Scroll up and down with the arrow keys and select type with left and right.
have a new problem, whenever i run LFS (since U14) i get this, but only when i run it full screen, well, it was shut down in full scree last time, so whenever i run it i get it, is therea command to ALWAYS run it in windowed mode?

PS - excuse the "ghetto" screenies, i didnt know how else to do it!
Attached images
101_2052.JPG
101_2053.JPG
Quote from Jakg :have a new problem, whenever i run LFS (since U14) i get this, but only when i run it full screen, well, it was shut down in full scree last time, so whenever i run it i get it, is therea command to ALWAYS run it in windowed mode?

hmmm... ran a q replay by accident and it worked in full screen, then windowed it, ill run it again in a min!
Quote from Jakg :have a new problem, whenever i run LFS (since U14) i get this, but only when i run it full screen, well, it was shut down in full scree last time, so whenever i run it i get it, is therea command to ALWAYS run it in windowed mode?

That looks like messed up refresh rate :S but as I don't know anything about LCD monitors I don't really know if that is possible

The only thing I think you could try is to use another resolution and see if it still happens.
Just making sure you know how to make LFS start in a window :

Edit the cfg.txt and change "Start Windowed" to 1.
Quote from RiGun :That looks like messed up refresh rate :S but as I don't know anything about LCD monitors I don't really know if that is possible

The only thing I think you could try is to use another resolution and see if it still happens.

nope, i havent changed anything except the patch, and thanks scawen!
I hope it hasn't been posted already, but:

The right-click-value-entry doesn't work with German comma values anymore. For example entering 4.5 at the gear ratio works, but entering 4,5 results in a value of 4.0. I know it worked before, so it must be something introduced by the test patches
Quote from AndroidXP :I hope it hasn't been posted already, but:

The right-click-value-entry doesn't work with German comma values anymore. For example entering 4.5 at the gear ratio works, but entering 4,5 results in a value of 4.0. I know it worked before, so it must be something introduced by the test patches

Wanted to post this so many times, but after I quitted LFS I forgot about it.

So, yes, I've got this problem, too.
yepp just like nesrulz /spectate (or /spec (for script only?)) wont work anymore somehow which is pretty bad for those who left the desktop and after race started again i need to kick them instead of simple spec em.

+FIX : FO8 / BF1 new virtual dash could appear at the wrong time

still appears after quick driver-changing (with tab ) even with arms & wheel enabled.
Options>Views>Custom (?)
1. I can't understand what 3g_ct_first First person controller means. ???

2. Also it has been strange for me to see a translation string 3g_car_tn_x (Car's steering wheel turns %.0f° (lock to lock)) while there is already 3g_whe_turn (Wheel turn %.0f° :).

3. What does 3g_set_sh_x (Settings for %s) mean?

4. There are settings for the external view (top and trackside camera), for the in-head and the in-car view, but for the chasecam it's not written that it is external view. Fix?
Quote from detail :1. I can't understand what 3g_ct_first First person controller means. ???

2. Also it has been strange for me to see a translation string 3g_car_tn_x (Car's steering wheel turns %.0f° (lock to lock)) while there is already 3g_whe_turn (Wheel turn %.0f° :).

3. What does 3g_set_sh_x (Settings for %s) mean?

4. There are settings for the external view (top and trackside camera), for the in-head and the in-car view, but for the chasecam it's not written that it is external view. Fix?

1) It's a controller for a first person shooter. I don't really know what it means but anyway, DirectX tells the program that.

2) "Wheel turn X" is the setting for your desktop steering wheel. but "Car's steering wheel turns X" is some information displayed to you in the Garage screen in the Steering section. It is information about the simulated car - not a setting.

3) Settings for X refers the auto clutch settings for "Sequential" or "Shifter" and you can see it in the player options.

4) I don't know what you mean about that. So called chase cam is hardly supported in LFS. Some people want me to improve it but I can't understand why anyone would ever drive in that view. It's only there to watch the forces.
Quote from Stone Temple Pilots :I want just noticed that when you got more than 5 or 6 nicknames in Players menu, the selection of players is mistaken for some reason. Could somebody confirm this bug?

Thanks. Yes, I can confirm that if you used the scroll bar then the wrong player is selected. And I've now fixed that in my version.
U15?
Attached images
u15.jpg
Quote from ldriver :U15?

Scawen and Victor are developers. They have things and test them before we do.
Quote from nesrulz :/spectate don't work.

I have reproduced this and fixed it in my version (and added to known issues).

If you need the command, /spec does work though. But... that doesn't work if you are connected to a dedicated host. Anyway it's all fixed in the next update.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG