The online racing simulator
The unreleased VW Scirocco was shown using 900º (without driver arms). Eric would have to redo the animations to implement it in the public game.
Yes this is good, but what to do people who use T500RS and 1080 degrees. In menu something like this (option) would be very good, for people who use 900 and + degrees of rotation. For example like AC.

+1 on drifting tracks and more steering lock!
LFS is still the best drifting sim out there!
Hi,
I think you should add it to Steam, in this way it would get more popular and more people would see it.
Quote from Malka_LT :Hi,
I think you should add it to Steam, in this way it would get more popular and more people would see it.

There is already a thread about it, and most of the community think that it's a bad idea.
This game really should follow other game examples like CarX and allow setup changes during driving without entering or exiting PIT! Also mouse view like GTA would be cool addon.
Quote from edzhjus :This game really should follow other game examples like CarX and allow setup changes during driving without entering or exiting PIT!...

F11 key is allowing some changes : ARB and brake balance ... but for race cars (FBM should have something that can be changed). Other options are not the ones you can change while driving Wink , so yes obviously pit stop required (F12 key) !
Quote from Malka_LT :Hi,

I'm sceptical about your idea to put LFS on steam...
I don't know if it was already mentionned before, but it could be fun to have a more advanced sound modifier option(shift+A to open this menu)! I really love how it work but can we check it a little bit...
-Bring independent bump and rebound adjustments to the XRG. I mostly drift and like to change the wheels, which is only possible for the XRG (of cars that are worth trying to drift with, at least).

-I'm sure it's been said before. Better tire heat/grip management. For drifting, but for road racing too. Maybe it's from using a 235 degree Logitech MOMO piece of crap wheel. I always seem to overheat tires any way I drive them.

-I've read this somewhere before, but how about a dedicated drift car? It would be a perfect opportunity to create the first modular vehicle with variable suspension points, types, increased lock adjustment, tire and wheel size customization, engine power/curves/cylinders/weights/flywheel weights/rev ranges/aspiration. Maybe a simpler system like a few engine choices, KA24, 2JZ, 350, all turbo'ed, with boost adjustment to suit different tracks. Make a section of the website for the drift car(s). Release the game with all kinds of tuning options on the drift cars, track, scrub radius, wheel weight, included tire physics tweaks. Let people test the cars on their own time and find setups that work. Let them post chassis setups and let other people rate them. Try them yourselves, find what works best. Pick the best and introduce regulated competitions. Even a short mountain road with little vegetation or detail would be appreciated, 10 turns. Sections of Fern Bay, South City, Kyoto Ring. A good points system judging angle, lead front tire angle relative to car angle (when the lead tire is tracking straight the driver is more doing a burnout than sliding the car sideways, sort of USA big power vs JDM slippy slidey, JDM being the original and prettiest IMO) speed, smoothness of car CG through x and y space, proximity to lead car.
And maybe force 50% ackerman or higher. I'm tired of every time seeing people with -1000% parallel steer which on a real car just makes for slow transitions and mad tire wear.
The hardest part would be marketing said additions in a simple, sensible fashion. The standard LFS demo could include one drift car with capable standard but limited tuning to encourage purchase of a D1 license that stands alone with the basic demo, with a couple of mountain tracks and full drift car(s) and tuning options, plus S1 cars and tracks, for 24 pounds. Buyers of the D1 license would pay as much as buyers of S2 LFS, and would be encouraged to pay another 12 for the large, flowing corners of Kyoto, Aston and Westhill. Bringing the total price for the best drift simulation on the market to $54. If someone will pay $300 for a wheel that I can't quite afford yet, that sounds like a deal to me.

That's a lot for two plates when drifting isn't your primary interest in the game like it is mine. Please bring independent bump and rebound tuning to the XRG. I've been bouncing badly into the first hard left of South City Sprint 1 for too long and my need for badly made custom rims stands. Progressive rate dampers would be very welcome as well. Smile

-Custom color preset save/copy/paste
It's possible to increase again the objects limit on the AUX please?
Like 2500 obj or more Smile
I want make a big drift map with 3 or 4 layouts Smile
This has already been suggested but just think.

Imagine driving this in LFS:

This is heaven for racers and drifters. This is what we need after tyre physics. You dont have to create the whole map if you don't want to, just give us the track editor. The thing why people stop playing LFS is because its the same cars and same tracks all the time, but with track editor, there is alvays something new and exciting. Imagine what we could create!

Proper rally tracks.

Highway.

And MUCH more. Just think about it.
Quote from GreenWorm :You dont have to create the whole map if you don't want to, just give us the track editor. The thing why people stop playing LFS is because its the same cars and same tracks all the time, but with track editor, there is alvays something new and exciting. Imagine what we could create!

The official statement on The Editor by developers says (from faq:

Quote :
Can I make my own cars/tracks for LFS?

No - Live for Speed is still in development therefore there are no car or track editors available at this time. Also it's not yet possible to import other 3d formats into the game. However we will probably release the editors at some point in the future when most of the LFS development is finished.

So, we would have to wait until most of LFS development finished.

Oftenly among other things Scawen says that he has to do some things on The Editor which Eric uses to work with tracks, so it doesn't look like we are any close to it.

As of me, they could focus on just releasing the editor and nothing less for S3, and that would be enough.
Quote from GreenWorm :... just give us the track editor. The thing why people stop playing LFS is because its the same cars and same tracks all the time, but with track editor, there is alvays something new and exciting. Imagine what we could create!

Prove it.

There's a simple way to create tracks and that's to use the Autocross editor and place them in the air, above the existing tracks. Admittedly it will only be uniformly plain concrete slabs as ground, but you can lay these these out in any configuration you want. Using ramps, you can even do some basic undulations. And there's a choice of walls.

Show us your imagined or real tracks.

The finished layout won't be lifelike at all due to no textures on ground, walls, no proper track / road side objects, but at the very least, it can give you (and us) an idea of how an (especially imagined) track will 'flow'.

Maybe you're one of these people that think using the Autocross editor is too hard? If so, you think a proper track editor is going to be easy? Maybe we'll get lucky, and it will be like making tracks for TrackMania - bit like making slot car layouts. You just bolt different bits of track together, add some trees, bushes, fences, posts, etc, and voila! You're finished.

Before I played LFS, I'd never used the AutoX editor. And no one gave me instructions. I just started picking and placing objects and turned them, and, where applicable, chose different colours. Then concrete objects came along, and I learned a little more using more choices. When a proper track editor comes along, anyone that wants to try it will have to learn that. And put some effort into it.

Or do you mean, when you say "Imagine what we could create!", you actually mean not you, but someone else?
I know how to use AutoX editor and i know it's different than track editor. When i say "we" i mean the whole community. I agree i can't create crazy mountain pass yet because i've never used track editor. LFS has lots of people who can. rFactor is full of user made tracks. With track editor it would probably be possible to import tracks from games like Forza and rFactor.
Quote from GreenWorm :With track editor it would probably be possible to import tracks from games like Forza and rFactor.

At best, this is highly unethical - at worst, highly illegal and potentially very expensive. I can't see the LFS devs wanting to expose themselves to any potential legal embroilment over something that a member of the community has (innocently or otherwise) distributed through their website...
Right, so that makes all CD, DVD, Bluray writers and photo copiers also illegal?

No.
You've missed the point - I'm not saying that the track editor is illegal. It's the distribution of the end product that's the problem, and as you see from the number of videos and screenshots on this very site with vob mods in them, people don't always stick to the rules of what you can and can't post here.
Well.. No. I don't agree. Skins project can also be stopped because it can contain copyrighted material right? I mean where does it end if you think like oh people -might- going to do this, or going to do that. Problem of the people. Utorrent creators are also not held responsible whats happening with their program. Also, in other games where custom mapping is pretty normal I never heard of copyright infringements, I don't believe such a problem exists. Lots of tracks got converted from Rfactor to AC for example.

But, its always possible to implement the same system as the skins system of course. Bandwidth is not really an issue anymore nowadays as far as I know.
Quote from AC Forum - About tracks/models conversions and illegal content :Converting cars, tracks and other copyrighted content from other software without the permission of the author is strictly prohibited and subject to infraction.

I was watching AC fairly intently when it first started, and while there were many conversions from rFactor, but these were always done with permission from the original creators. Those that weren't saw their authors permabanned without warning and their content stripped from the forum. There was even a conversion of Blackwood, but once again, this was only done with explicit permission from the LFS devs. Requests for conversions of other LFS tracks were flatly refused.

The thing to do would be to ask Scawen what the outcome would be if LFS circuits started to appear in other games. I'm thinking it would not be favourable.
Yes, so the principle is working. There are no problems \o/
I'm not sure this suggestion would get most approval but I would love to have a specific pit-box when pitting. It feels a bit weird to just stop anywhere in the pit-lane as long as we're on a yellow square. Perhaps a lollipop man could stand in front of our box to avoid confusion, with an animation of the board lifting up once the pit-stop is completed.

added: It would also be nice having some offline stats available on LFSworld. Races won offline is irrelevant but some infos like the driving distance would be a nice addition, like the offline stats being written in parenthesis aside the online ones. I believe that being able to compile the offline data would allow much more PBs to be uploaded to LFSworld.

Another neat feature would be a way to see our own stats and stats of others people we're up against while in the game (perhaps another tab in the menu called online stats?), all presented on a board but I'm aware that's a bit far-fetched. I suggested the last one because I'm pretty sure there are a lot of casual users out there not even aware of LFSworld, or just not caring enough to open their browser, log-in and so on so LFS might as well give some basic statistics in-game. I know we can access some of them with the commands in the chat, but let's face it, it's not very user-friendly and it only shows one stats at the time while in the chat window.

LFSworld is a pretty cool feature of LFS and I'm sure it would be nice to find a way to "link" it closer to the game to make the whole thing feel more connected to each other.
Please fix hot tires
Not sure if this has been said before in the past years but....

Stint-count option?

Say for a race that only uses 90% of fuel for a certain car, putting it "pit stop required" for 1 stop (2 stints) isn't enough 'fun' in terms of strategy. So, you have an option to change it accordingly as long as the number of stints does not exceed lap count, making the race much more interesting (both online and offline).

Suggested improvements log [READ before making a new thread]
(872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG