The online racing simulator
Quote from e2mustang :care to explain? all i can record is supported games,and ac is not in it

It does indeed work.
I recored a vid with issues I have with it.
ye but how does it work what do i need to do? cant find anything in google
do the settings via geforce experience and then there's a hotkey u press in-game and start recording. (at least it was that way last time I used it)
funniest thing just happened,now i can record in AC as well. before it only worked in bf4
Quote from sinbad :Input lag came back, I've turned everything bar AA off, FPS is at 130 or so in the pits and still input lag. I even fired up LFS just to confirm it wasn't in my head.

I'm becoming increasingly "meh" about AC. Shiny and full of lofty ambitions, but as software it's not up to much, imo.

What input lag? I couldn't have drove that Group A like that if there was input lag. Maybe the stupid "FF dampening" in the setup? Which they swear it doesn't do anything if it's already at 0% in the Menu, but i swear it does something, i put it to 0% in the setup as well..

Can't believe some people here, we practically have "S4" on our hands, opened to modding.. with official Spa coming out, official Nordschleife, Trento Bondone.. and dozzens of high quality tracks people will do. It's like a sim-heaven.
I could even be well sattisfied with just hotlapping..

Grumpiness to the max eh..
On reading what you all reported on, the general consensuss is that you need to lower the settings since the update, is that right?

I am now going to/have time to full test, so not looking forward to it

Fordie
Quote from Boris Lozac :What input lag? I couldn't have drove that Group A like that if there was input lag. Maybe the stupid "FF dampening" in the setup? Which they swear it doesn't do anything if it's already at 0% in the Menu, but i swear it does something, i put it to 0% in the setup as well..

Can't believe some people here, we practically have "S4" on our hands, opened to modding.. with official Spa coming out, official Nordschleife, Trento Bondone.. and dozzens of high quality tracks people will do. It's like a sim-heaven.
I could even be well sattisfied with just hotlapping..

Grumpiness to the max eh..

The strange thing about the input lag in ac is that it almost feels like an on off switch. If you have it it is annoying because it directly reduces your ability to control the car at the limit. But once it goes away you can instantly get into zone and feel the physics all the way down to the tire deformation level. Some people are immune to input lag and it is not strange to see people driving with vsync, 30fps with all possible eye candy on using tvs which have half a second input lag and claim they don't have any input lag.

Wouldn't call ac sim racing heaven though. The online still needs a lot of work and as far as pure driving goes there is still historix mod for rfactor (plus trillions of tracks) that at least for me is still the perfection of sim racing. And I won't even mention how much better the cobra is in historix mod...
Since when was rFactor a decent simulation?
Quote from e2mustang :funniest thing just happened,now i can record in AC as well. before it only worked in bf4

if u alt-tab AC and than u come back, game is in window-mode ...you must alt+enter to put it in full mode again.

shadowplay doesnt work in window mode.

cheers
never played any game in windowed mode but i got it now. now i need to record some footage
Quote from Hyperactive :The strange thing about the input lag in ac is that it almost feels like an on off switch. If you have it it is annoying because it directly reduces your ability to control the car at the limit. But once it goes away you can instantly get into zone and feel the physics all the way down to the tire deformation level. Some people are immune to input lag and it is not strange to see people driving with vsync, 30fps with all possible eye candy on using tvs which have half a second input lag and claim they don't have any input lag.

Wouldn't call ac sim racing heaven though. The online still needs a lot of work and as far as pure driving goes there is still historix mod for rfactor (plus trillions of tracks) that at least for me is still the perfection of sim racing. And I won't even mention how much better the cobra is in historix mod...

Tried Cobra v0.2? He addressed all the issues, mostly the rear grip

Quote from Boris Lozac :Since when was rFactor a decent simulation?

Never tried rF1, (except demo, witch was horrible), but I own rF2, it's pretty decent, dynamic road and rain is awesome, but like all the sims rF2 has some problems in physics department, has very little street car choice (big downside for me) very outdated graphics and horrible optimisation.
we going to do some racing tonight?
Quote from kars19 :Tried Cobra v0.2? He addressed all the issues, mostly the rear grip

Never tried rF1, (except demo, witch was horrible), but I own rF2, it's pretty decent, dynamic road and rain is awesome, but like all the sims rF2 has some problems in physics department, has very little street car choice (big downside for me) very outdated graphics and and horrible optimisation.

thats main reason why i played it like 2-3 hours ...

such crap iv didnt see long time in simracing
Quote from Boris Lozac :Since when was rFactor a decent simulation?

Since people started making mods with realistic physics. The standard content and most mod content in rf is just trash but there are some true gems out there. Anything made by niels is just amazing (supra corvette), historix mod is the best mod ever. Have you even ever tried rf1 with decent mod?
HistoriX mod is coming to AC, so it's a win win for me
Quote from kars19 :HistoriX mod is coming to AC, so it's a win win for me

its triple win ..they should call themself HistorixTripleW
Quote from Hyperactive :Since people started making mods with realistic physics. The standard content and most mod content in rf is just trash but there are some true gems out there. Anything made by niels is just amazing (supra corvette), historix mod is the best mod ever. Have you even ever tried rf1 with decent mod?

Tried rF1 demo many times, and once i had (cough*ilegall) full version to try out some Clio mod or something, for a local league, it was horrible.. like any ISI sim i've tried..
I'm still confused as to how multiplayer is supposed to work...

If I just check the "Only display servers that don't require booking" box, I get 1 or 2 options max. If I also check "Include full servers" box, I get dozens, and they all say they're full. But if I actually check the server info there's almost never anyone in there. Wtf?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm still confused as to how multiplayer is supposed to work...

If I just check the "Only display servers that don't require booking" box, I get 1 or 2 options max. If I also check "Include full servers" box, I get dozens, and they all say they're full. But if I actually check the server info there's almost never anyone in there. Wtf?

It's a very inelegant system. Servers which are in the 'no booking' mode automatically allocate all the server slots even if there aren't people on the server to fill them. On the server list they appear full. When you join you take one of the empty slots which has been pre-allocated. It seems as though the dev team think this is a satisfactory approach to the problem of allocating resources on the fly (i.e. it's a way to stop join lag and associated problems for those on the server).
Quote from amp88 :It's a very inelegant system. Servers which are in the 'no booking' mode automatically allocate all the server slots even if there aren't people on the server to fill them. On the server list they appear full. When you join you take one of the empty slots which has been pre-allocated. It seems as though the dev team think this is a satisfactory approach to the problem of allocating resources on the fly (i.e. it's a way to stop join lag and associated problems for those on the server).

Ah, that makes sense in an ass-backward sort of way. Thanks for clearing it up.
They basically just took what Kegetys worked out and put the code right into their software. I'm just glad the netcode works as supposed finally. I don't get laucnhed into the air after some minor collision.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG