The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Tried rF1 demo many times, and once i had (cough*ilegall) full version to try out some Clio mod or something, for a local league, it was horrible.. like any ISI sim i've tried..

The "I've tested like 3 bad mods out of 3000, this game must be terrible in every way" mindset is now officially Coming Soon™ in AC land.
Quote from Keling :The "I've tested like 3 bad mods out of 3000, this game must be terrible in every way" mindset is now officially Coming Soon™ in AC land.

That mindset is totally coming with people who weren't participating in the Early Access since november. But well, to be honest rF1 has 3 cars and only a pair of tracks in the default content, and those aren't that advanced, really feels like a few half-assed usermods. Of course that doesn't mean rFactor has a bad physics engine, just look at the NSX, Supra and whatever mods that guy made.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Tried rF1 demo many times, and once i had (cough*ilegall) full version to try out some Clio mod or something, for a local league, it was horrible.. like any ISI sim i've tried..

Try some of the good mods. Niels' corvette, supra, nsx. Then some other good mods: Historix, touring car legends. Or totally new games using that old "horrible" engine like game stock car.

Quote from kars19 :http://www.virtualr.net/histor ... ssetto-corsa-new-previews

And here is what the historix team actually is saying:
Quote :Hi there!

after the video and these
few screenshots we posted last week a lot of discussion from the community has followed.
We're very happy to see the amazing support we still get, no matter if
you think we're going to release the next mod for rFactor2, Assetto
Corsa or both. So, thanks for that!

Having said that please note
we haven't said we're moving from rF2 to AC. We haven't discarded
choosing AC over rF2 either. At this point there's no final decision
about what platform we're going to use. The thing is that it's not an
easy decision and as a team we need to agree on that (and about a lot of
other things). It's as simple as that

We have 4 cars on
AC now. In rF2 there're way more (I even created a new working UI for
this rF2 version back on 2012) but still nothing has been decided yet.

If
you are familiar with our mod for rF1 you probably know that we don't
release anything unless we think we've reached the highest quality level
we can get at that point. I say this to make clear that you're not
going to see anything coming from us any soon, no matter the sim you
think about.

But to go back to what is important to clarify with
this post: don't worry.. no matter the chosen platform/s or the focus
of our next project we'll let you know with an official statement when
the moment comes

Thanks once more for your continuous support!

Anybody feels like driving some tonight? I thought I'd give the maximum server bandwidth setting a go just to see how much better it is.

Like always:

Server: LFS at AC
Password: lfs

I'm open to track/car requests, starting with e30 dtm at imola
what u guys got for stability control percantage wise?
Um.. 0?
Quote from troy :Anybody feels like driving some tonight? I thought I'd give the maximum server bandwidth setting a go just to see how much better it is.

Like always:

Server: LFS at AC
Password: lfs

I'm open to track/car requests, starting with e30 dtm at imola

Cool, I will try and catch up with you a little later on, just got home from work

Fordie
well mine used to be on 50 %,and drifting was awkward,than i put it on 0 and it was impossible to catch the drift. 900° tho. but before i changed i had no problem catching slides
Quote from e2mustang :well mine used to be on 50 %,and drifting was awkward,than i put it on 0 and it was impossible to catch the drift. 900° tho. but before i changed i had no problem catching slides

well, technically you didn't catch those slides, but the assist did
but thats just technical talk
Quote from e2mustang :that might be ur problem not catching any slides?

No it's the slow motors. I don't use the Menu assist, but I've started leaving abs if the real car has it, so once on the track i don't touch anything, but in the menus it's all off (cept auto clutch and blip, cause two pedals).
Since Update
Hi Guys,

What is the general consensus here? I have noticed that I am stuttering a little now, since the update, not major, but it wasn't there before. Is there any setting that any of you have changed to get rid of this. I am in no way maxed out now.

I have also read about this Nvidia Inspector....care to share any of your findings about this?

Cheers

Fordie
Check the post processing settings, patch put them to max, i lowered them to High.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Check the post processing settings, patch put them to max, i lowered them to High.

The do what settings LOL
What about the ini file dx11, where has that gone to check the render frames ahead..cannot find it

Fordie
Graphic settings in the game, Effects, come on now Fordie
And frames ahead are in the graphics.ini now.
game seems to run better now with everything turned down for me than before the patch

except that the 911 GT3 (and my Alzen Turbo:shy now read with -5mm of ride height in the Box screen and can't drive anymore due to scraping on the tarmac ...

edit:

Quote from random .ini :[VARIOUS]
APERTURE_RESULT_BLUR_MOD=1 ; don't touch this

things like this show that certain Italian professionalism
Fast forward? And please for the love of god people, turn off those awfull G force and camera move effects, at least for videos
Quote from Boris Lozac :No it's the slow motors. I don't use the Menu assist, but I've started leaving abs if the real car has it, so once on the track i don't touch anything, but in the menus it's all off (cept auto clutch and blip, cause two pedals).

what has blip to do with with 2 pedals?
if u using auto clutch , you should blip manualy like everyone
Quote from undertaker00 :[/B]

this, I do this too
Quote from undertaker00 :[/B]

I think he meant only "auto clutch, cause two pedals." But he just added that blip thing in a same sentence. But yeah I agree. If you are using left foot braking, then just blip with right foot and with right foot braking use heel-toe

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG