The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
troy-server up tonight?

i like 458s3 btw.
Yeah come on Troy....we need to get the Reilant Bad Boy going

Fordie
I'm up for some tonight if possible. Let me know what installations to installate.
I have a test server up with the Reliant Robin @ Silverstone. No clue if the server works, but it's running. Search for Reliant Robin Fun. Only 7 slots with my commie net, though.
Quote from sinbad :I'm up for some tonight if possible. Let me know what installations to installate.

As Da Hoe said, just get them all. Regarding cars, get the Ibiza, Shelby and Robin...That Robin does look like a bit of fun. I won't be home til later

Fordie
All the tracks? Why bother with the crap nobody actually drives? I have enough crap tracks to delete already
I was hoping someone would narrow it down based on what you guys might be driving tonight.
Cars-wise I have the Cobra and the Ibiza already, not much interest in the others unless vital.
Quote from troy :Yes, the plan is to run a freejoin server tonight, with the latest update you don't need anything anymore on client side, while I as server owner can switch cars and tracks when I run it.

I'll turn it on in about an hour, will create an event on the ac steamgroup too.

edit: https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1862500#post1862500 for the tracks I usually run
edit2: event posted: http://steamcommunity.com/grou ... events/210859433368482606

You don't need freejoin anymore??

Fordie
Quote from sinbad :All the tracks? Why bother with the crap nobody actually drives? I have enough crap tracks to delete already
I was hoping someone would narrow it down based on what you guys might be driving tonight.
Cars-wise I have the Cobra and the Ibiza already, not much interest in the others unless vital.

At least get the latest blackwood and gentrack.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... 12021/page-11#post-207259
http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... hreads/gen-track-1.10277/
Quote from Fordman :You don't need freejoin anymore??

Fordie

Should probably actually read his post...
these lotus races must be my 2nd most depressing online racing experience ever... right after my first ever online race with nfs porsche- thinking i must be the fastest guy in universe before...
OK, the netcode is better bar a few weird moments with cars and wheels steering in the wrong directions.
It's still a ridiculous system though, and only marginally better than before. Kicking everybody after the race is a joke (who actually wants that?), and if they went for the "realism" aka "race weekend" route (excuse) why do you have things like how the qualifying session ends on the stroke of 0:00? It just feels so half-arsed to me, like it's not important to them at all. Probably won't sell many more if they make it brilliant so why give a damn about it? Add an "exotic car" and sales go boom. We pondered whether online was a priority for them, and clearly it wasn't.
Server still kicks everyone after the race?
Anybody know what this "checksum bla bla bla has been kicked" message is...I haven't changed anything

Fordie
This happens with any server I join....except my own LOL

Fordie
Sounds like some ini files are corrupted/changed for your tracks. It checks for the correct files if you join a server that has it enabled, I guess yours doesn't?
Quote from troy :Sounds like some ini files are corrupted/changed for your tracks. It checks for the correct files if you join a server that has it enabled, I guess yours doesn't?

Yeah I have got to the problem Troy, its the surfaces.ini file for Monza..Can you upload your copy please, so I can update mine

Cheers

Fordie
There you go

edit: not allowed to attach, lets zip it
Attached files
surfaces.zip - 467 B - 71 views
Quote from troy :There you go

edit: not allowed to attach, lets zip it

Thanks Troy, will give that a bash

Fordie
Yes...cheers Troy, that worked, just joined a Monza server and no error, thank you for you help on that

Fordie
Good racing again tonight, Z4 is pretty fun!

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG