The online racing simulator
Quote from Fordman :You don't need freejoin anymore??

Fordie

Should probably actually read his post...
these lotus races must be my 2nd most depressing online racing experience ever... right after my first ever online race with nfs porsche- thinking i must be the fastest guy in universe before...
OK, the netcode is better bar a few weird moments with cars and wheels steering in the wrong directions.
It's still a ridiculous system though, and only marginally better than before. Kicking everybody after the race is a joke (who actually wants that?), and if they went for the "realism" aka "race weekend" route (excuse) why do you have things like how the qualifying session ends on the stroke of 0:00? It just feels so half-arsed to me, like it's not important to them at all. Probably won't sell many more if they make it brilliant so why give a damn about it? Add an "exotic car" and sales go boom. We pondered whether online was a priority for them, and clearly it wasn't.
Server still kicks everyone after the race?
Anybody know what this "checksum bla bla bla has been kicked" message is...I haven't changed anything

Fordie
This happens with any server I join....except my own LOL

Fordie
Sounds like some ini files are corrupted/changed for your tracks. It checks for the correct files if you join a server that has it enabled, I guess yours doesn't?
Quote from troy :Sounds like some ini files are corrupted/changed for your tracks. It checks for the correct files if you join a server that has it enabled, I guess yours doesn't?

Yeah I have got to the problem Troy, its the surfaces.ini file for Monza..Can you upload your copy please, so I can update mine

Cheers

Fordie
There you go

edit: not allowed to attach, lets zip it
Attached files
surfaces.zip - 467 B - 183 views
Quote from troy :There you go

edit: not allowed to attach, lets zip it

Thanks Troy, will give that a bash

Fordie
Yes...cheers Troy, that worked, just joined a Monza server and no error, thank you for you help on that

Fordie
Good racing again tonight, Z4 is pretty fun!
reliant robin = sooo funny
Quote from Hyperactive :reliant robin = sooo funny

biggest crap i ever drove, but also fun when u try to catch slide HAHA
- New Race Control
- Server is now in control of fuel rate
- Server is now in control of tyre rate
- Server is now in control of damage level
- AI does not flatshift cars with no autocutoff anymore
- Added "transfer" grip from session to session
- AI cars now try to park on the side if they have a broken engine

Finally!

And yes some nice racing again yesterday, I just keep forgetting to save replays. The lotus' just need some work on the set to get them somewhat balanced, z4 is a really nice car to get close racing despite having no brakes! Monza was crazy with it.
And tonight Troy, now I have my error fixed

Fordie
Quote from troy :0.21.6
- New Race Control
- Server is now in control of fuel rate
- Server is now in control of tyre rate
- Server is now in control of damage level
- AI does not flatshift cars with no autocutoff anymore
- Added "transfer" grip from session to session
- AI cars now try to park on the side if they have a broken engine

Finally!

And yes some nice racing again yesterday, I just keep forgetting to save replays. The lotus' just need some work on the set to get them somewhat balanced, z4 is a really nice car to get close racing despite having no brakes! Monza was crazy with it.

Is that out now or what's coming?

Fordie
My server is open, cars is Abarth 500 S1 and Ibiza. Tracks are Blackwood, Prato_short, Donington GP, Newbury_2006, Mugello.

Anybody fancy some FWD fun?

Fordie

Server name, search T7R

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG