The online racing simulator
Quote from sinbad :I'll never truly like AC until they improve the steering feel. The 458 is just so floaty feeling at low steering angles, for example, but all the cars are prone to wandering around the straight-ahead way too much..

I don't have this problem, 107% in profiler does the trick for me, AC has the best steering feel of all the top sims that I have tried (lfs, rf2, iR)
But that 107% trick for example does no work in LFS, but for AC it's a must
-
(ImudilaSkyline) DELETED by ImudilaSkyline
Quote from kars19 :I don't have this problem, 107% in profiler does the trick for me, AC has the best steering feel of all the top sims that I have tried (lfs, rf2, iR)
But that 107% trick for example does no work in LFS, but for AC it's a must

what wheel do you have? While I got mine to work a lot better now I still get that death rattle from time to time, plus countersteering is still alot harder (often impossible) with my DFGT, while it worked flawless in LFS.

I'd really like to race some LFS tracks (AS Historic) in AC, just for comparism.
How difficult of a job is that actually, can you just convert them somehow or everything needs to be 'drawn' again?
Quote from Boris Lozac :How difficult of a job is that actually, can you just convert them somehow or everything needs to be 'drawn' again?

It's more about legality. Blackwood is the only track that's been allowed to be converted, along with demo cars. It's a lot more work as well because unlike rFactor, the LFS track format isn't known. We only have SMX meshes that don't contain all the required UV mapping information.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Nope, just like i havent driven the RB4, you?

Nope, hence why you won't get me saying about the cars feelings

Fordie
Quote from Boris Lozac :How difficult of a job is that actually, can you just convert them somehow or everything needs to be 'drawn' again?

What the **** do you care since all LFS tracks suck ass according to your massive experience around them.
That official forum is more NSA then I have ever seen before. You need to associate with Steam.. After that your Steam status is being tracked all the time and if you deassociate again, the next posting you make you get a mod on your ass from the so called Kunos Dev team that this is not how it works.

So you pay for a simulator but you have to sacrifice your private data if you want to be active on an official forum. Great this new world
Thanks,Dave,now I have even less interest to register to their forum. I already hate that Steam part about AC.
It's not the end of the world. Not like they can ruin my life with my Steam data. I associated once, can't really see the issue. Paranoia much?
Yep I don't need or want to share my contacts with people I don't know at all. Nothing to do with paranoia, just being careful. Things you share cannot be unshared.
Should I fear getting a bomb from terrorists in my mailbox from now on? Hopefully not. Anyways, Blackwood was converted to rFactor already and it looks kinda pretty, I bet it wouldn't be much to get it into AC from then on.
Quote from Eclipsed :Thanks,Dave,now I have even less interest to register to their forum. I already hate that Steam part about AC.

Why? Steam is a fantastic service. You're obviously fine with LFS requiring online activation. Steam isn't much different, especially now that they've fixed a lot of the issues with offline mode as well.

As for the forum.. you can set your Steam profile to hide literally everything from people that aren't on your friends list (or even people that aren't you) without breaking the AC connection. I don't understand the fear.
Steam is fantastic, but I don't want to link my account for it to be broadcasted at any public forum either. Good thing registering without linking is enough to read and download stuff.

Witnessing the amount of general stupidity at the AC forums, there's nothing lost in not taking part in the conversations.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why? Steam is a fantastic service. You're obviously fine with LFS requiring online activation.

Except it updates itself whenever it wants and you have to launch it and have it connected whenever you want to play any game. What if I don't have internet connection for some reason? I cannot access ANY of the games I have payed for,sound fair to me.
Quote from sinbad : but Fern Bay just captures that "style" of circuit so well, the layouts are excellent, and I would drive those tracks in any sim.

Fern bay is just filled with stupid chicanes. I could never get the fascination some people in lfs have with that track. Tbh I don't miss any of the lfs tracks. To me lfs tracks lack literally everything a nice race circuit has. The long kyoto track is kinda nice and as4 is mostly not horrible but for driving pleasure lfs tracks are just bad. For online racing the lfs tracks are fine because they are basically just as wide as they are long and being so easy to drive. But for sheer driving experience they are most just meh.

Like westhill. Is that even a race circuit? Blackwood? One long straight combined with totally forgettable 90 degree turns. Aston? If it was any wider you could hold land speed record runs there. How many of its turns are not flatout? Kyoto2? Rovals.. I can't remember the last time I even used that word. It was probably in iracing when they did not have enough proper race circuit for the road cars. And in lfs one of the best road courses is a roval. Kyoto3 is kinda nice but again there is that chicane. The rest of the track is very nice but overall any corner of suzuka beats any corner of kyoto.

/rant.

(where did that one come from?)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
As for the forum.. you can set your Steam profile to hide literally everything from people that aren't on your friends list (or even people that aren't you) without breaking the AC connection.

It does.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :You're obviously fine with LFS requiring online activation.

Correct, thats once and doesn't require all kinds of side effects like friendlist sharing.

Funny thing is, that if you have an hacked version you don't have to go all through this, you don't need Steam and the only thing you miss is an official forum which you also can't be active on if you refuse to 24/7 associate. So in the end you are better of with a hacked version. Bravo!

Quote from Eclipsed :Except it updates itself whenever it wants and you have to launch it and have it connected whenever you want to play any game. What if I don't have internet connection for some reason? I cannot access ANY of the games I have payed for,sound fair to me.

There is offline mode... You aren't required to have an internet connection. As for updating, you can tell games to not update unless you want them to.

Quote from cargame.nl :It does.Correct, thats once and doesn't require all kinds of side effects like friendlist sharing.

So why are you connecting to the LFS forum? It's sharing your IP address with this server! Even the AC server is sharing your IP address. Connecting to AC servers as well shares your IP address! SO MUCH PRIVACY INVASION.

Idiot.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
So why are you connecting to the LFS forum? It's sharing your IP address with this server! Even the AC server is sharing your IP address. Connecting to AC servers as well shares your IP address! SO MUCH PRIVACY INVASION.

Idiot.

Ever heard of VPN?

Reported you for insulting.
Quote from cargame.nl :Ever heard of VPN?

Who are you hiding from to be so evasive with elementary things such as registering to a forum? Only those with things to hide tend to be that evasive.

Quote from cargame.nl :
Reported you for insulting.

Forgive me for pointing out that the pot is a pot.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :There is offline mode... You aren't required to have an internet connection. As for updating, you can tell games to not update unless you want them to.

Oh,then it was totally worth to lose those gigabytes of updating steam itself with my limited 3G connection (ye ye,I know,that there should be internet police,who should shoot anyone who tries to connect to gaming world with 3G)! As for updating - you CANNOT limit steam from updating ITSELF! It wants an update,it makes it,he is the master,I have no decision abot my computer in this case. How fantastic is that? As for updating games - some of them (like AC) still start an update even with updates disabled. And some of them you cannot even launch without updating them - for example I bough Civ5 year ago in gameshop in a DVD. Could I just install and play it? NO! I had to install this steam $#!t AND download an update from it,otherwise I could just throw out the disc. There was no information about this requirement anywhere on disc. Fantastic service,love it!

The general idea of selling games online and offering download is very good,but why the firetruck they have to shove their own shizzle in my computer too?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Who are you

I like to be in control of what I want to share or not share, at this very moment I shared here my personal experiences with the whole system of buying a product and being NSA't on an official forum. I claim it backfires in a way it actually promotes hacked versions. Now you can be angry about that because it contradicts your Steam fanboyism but these are your own personal limitations.
I guess with unusual setups, you might have problems, but for literally 99.9% of the gaming world, unless you have irrational paranoia, Steam is pretty much the perfect service for PC gaming.

Also: Offline mode doesn't require Steam update (obviously).
Quote from cargame.nl :I like to be in control of what I want to share or not share, at this very moment I shared here my personal experiences with the whole system of buying a product and being NSA't on an official forum. I claim it backfires in a way it actually promotes hacked versions. Now you can be angry about that because it contradicts your Steam fanboyism but these are your own personal limitations.

Except you're not in control. You're giving yourself the illusion, but you use the internet so your privacy has already been invaded as your packets route through hundreds of routes as you connect to various servers around the internet. We know that the NSA has done mass data collection at network routing points.

Plus, who cares? What are you trying to hide that you feel like anyone gives a shit about what you do? Unless you're doing illegal things (which I presume due to your evasion), you're not that interesting.

Get over yourself...
Quote from cargame.nl :I like to be in control of what I want to share or not share

well, time to get off the internet, and throw away your phone, tablet and any other device that has wifi or any other internet connection.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG