The online racing simulator
Quote from Keling :That's why it's not for sharing.

Maybe that's ok to them, I just warned you in case you didn't have thought about that.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Track is not for sharin' though.

if you found a way to extract Westhill, why don't you ask the Devs if you could officially convert Blackwood for AC? Seriously, properly done it could be LFS advertising in the middle of that other sim (since ACs netcode is still pretty weird, people interested in quick pick-up races, leagues and whatsoever still are quite a demographic for LFS)
The big difference between AC and LFS is that the tracks don't feel like a carpet like they do @LFS. So I am not sure if it actually is positive advertising.
Quote from cargame.nl :The big difference between AC and LFS is that the tracks don't feel like a carpet like they do @LFS. So I am not sure if it actually is positive advertising.

+1

Until LFS rebuilds its track surface with at least fractal or something, it won't work very well.
Quote from Fordman :I have set the server as follows:

CARS=bmw_m3_e30_dtm;bmw_m3_e30_gra
TRACK=doningtonnat;aosta_grand_sport_v2.0;prato_short;mugello

Aosta and Prato are NK Conversions with permission from the Devs.

You can get the tracks here:

Donington Updated - http://www.mediafire.com/downl ... z9uy/ac_donington_v1-1.7z

Grand Sport - http://www.racedepartment.com/ ... 521/download?version=3711

Prato - http://www.mediafire.com/downl ... 6sl604nc7/Prato+v1.10.rar

Regards

Fordie

What happens when you list multiple tracks in the server config file.
I've done what you have as above but I still only see one track listed and after racing that track I go back to the lobby with no other option than before. So basically I have to close the server and select another track and restart the server.
Am I missing something.
Quote from Flame CZE :From FB too:

(...)

We are pleased to announce that the three top-voted by the public have been confirmed for production, to delight of fans:

Alfa Romeo 4C
Alfa Romeo GTA
Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI

(...)

And apparently there are more alfas coming as well. Though it does look like most of them will be dlc but "at least one Alfa Romeo car model will be included in the 1.0 version of the game".
Woah, joining the bandwagon - just bought AC. Been over a year since I've driven anything simulated, let's see how rusty I am..
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Well I had a bit of an accident...

Track is not for sharin' though.

Lmao, did you ever get it to work?
ever since AC announced that we will have "unlimited" player slots on a server I wanted to try this out, well now we got the first track which does allow some bigger grid fuji. I will be hosting some 45 slot races tonight, passworded just for the sake of hopefully getting at least one good race out of it. I'll probably remove the password after the first "main" race and then do a bit of public racing with shorter distance.

If you already got fuji make sure to rename the directory and .kn5 file to all lower-case (fujispeedway), somehow it doesn't work with upper-case.

Server: LFS at AC
Password: muchcarswow
Cars: BMW 1M S3, Lotus Evora S S2
Booking until: 18.40 UTC
Qualifying: 20 min
Laps: 10
Quote from troy :some 45 slot races

Just got the game off Steam since there some discount action going on (I *thought* I read somewhere that a netKar license would make you eligible for an AC license, but I've might been drunk (not like I'd find the license after some 8 years anyway, hehe ...)).

Anyhow! Just got a hold of an Oculus DK1 and figured I might as well try it out online. I'll try to join up!

I guess this Fuji thing is some addon/custom track that I need to register at ac.net to get a hold of? Is there anything I should know that I can't read up on easily?

/noob
Yes it's the same, get it from the link Eclipsed posted fel.

edit: netkar license allowed you to play the techdemo back in september (it was I think), kunos would be mad giving away free licences for netkar owners.

edit2: I've removed the password, not enough people around, should've probably posted about it earlier.
Is Fuji anywhere near snoopys ring? Pretty much all custom tracks I've tried are in a pretty bad shape..
Well,it's a pretty big update,which I cannot currently download with my 3G,so I started the rescuing offline mode:

Steam is the greatest!
(with other words - if you're not connected to the virtual world with proper wire,play solitaire,you don't deserve anything else)
So how do I join? It's the booking button right? It's "blocked". Do I have to wait for a session to finish?
Quote from Eclipsed :I cannot currently download with my 3G

(with other words - if you're not connected to the virtual world with proper wire,play solitaire,you don't deserve anything else)

Sounds like a shitty cell service problem to me. I mean it's 2014 and unlimited mobile data is a thing in europe, unless you go with a shitty carrier. Get on with the times.
Quote from felplacerad :So how do I join? It's the booking button right? It's "blocked". Do I have to wait for a session to finish?

You need to wait until the server is back in booking mode, and then book a slot, and then join once the booking countdown ends.

e: I see you made it to the booking list \o/
Quote from NotAnIllusion :You need to wait until the server is back in booking mode, and then book a slot, and then join once the booking countdown ends.

Meh. Well I'm sure you get used to it.

(But server/session management appear to suck in most games nowadays. Only LFS and QuakeWorld does it right :razz.

Edit: I fell off the map. And I have to stop my car to enter the menu. But I'm still falling as I am typing this ...
Quote from Matrixi :Sounds like a shitty cell service problem to me. I mean it's 2014 and unlimited mobile data is a thing in europe, unless you go with a shitty carrier. Get on with the times.

Not here - 5GB per month is one of the best offers here... Some are even worse - like 3GB per month for 20€ or similar.
Well,yes,after wasting them (500MB day limit or 5GB month limit),I still get unlimited data amount with GPRS speed,which is not enough for online racing in LFS,so I have to save...
Quote from Eclipsed :Well,it's a pretty big update,which I cannot currently download with my 3G,so I started the rescuing offline mode:

Steam is the greatest!

Hey, it's 2014, you know. A proper internet connection is not rocket science these days. You mentioned it quite a few times already...

1) no one cares. 2) nothing will change.

Yea,and some mentioned few times already that Steam is a perfect service. Well,it just perfectly denied me from software I have paid for. Perfect business model!
Ok, so I've done my first race (and my first laps, actually).

I don't think I bumped into anyone after the restart, at least?

Three questions:

1) Steering?! I've got a G25 and the steering is very "floaty". It turns instantly almost as if there an inverted deadzone, if you see what I mean? I did turn down the range from 900 to 225 because that what I've set in the profiler and what I use in LFS, but is there something that can be done to ammend this?

2) Understeer, much? I drove the Lotus, and it really felt like I went a bit too wide even with little speed. Are the stock setups any good or is it day and night like in LFS?

3) Someone mentioned something about a chat app. Link?
Quote from Eclipsed :Well,it's a pretty big update,which I cannot currently download with my 3G,so I started the rescuing offline mode:

Steam is the greatest!

weird, i can run AC 0.20.3 in steam, offline mode, with no problems

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG